3rd Trimester
Options

Too much peeing at night

HI all,

I am hoping one day to get to your board, but I figured out of all the people on there, you may have some answers. I have a long history of nocturia (night time urination more than once a night). My average is usually about 4-6/night and this has been a lifelong problem. It's obviously very disruptive. I have seen a urologist and she told me "pregnancy is going to be horrible for your. You'll be miserable." Sometimes I get really bad flare ups of having to go nonstop. These are not related to UTIs and I have been tested for diabetes multiple times in my life. Only explanation is overactive bladder. I have tried many things intermittently and was given a Cat B med but those acute symptoms faded and I did not want to take a med that I wasn't absolutely sure I needed during pregnancy. I would be on it for life. I have been very thirsty this first trimester, but was told this is normal by my nurse.

I have tried self-hypnosis which can be helpful, I always limit liquid after 5-6p, but I don't want to limit liquid during day for the baby. I just can't imagine going back to 9-11 times a night, which I've done. I fantisize about built in bed pans in the mattress and have looked into catheters. I'm going to talk to my high risk doc in a few weeks, but wanted to see if anybody else might have had this pre-existing condition and how things went, or what you are doing now if you up going all night.
*****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga

Re: Too much peeing at night

• Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited November 2015
    Oh wow... No I don't have this issue - i am going now usually 4-6 times a night as a pregnant person and I was complaining about it.. :( I'm sorry I don't have any good advice or suggestions but just giving you a pat on the back and hoping it all works out well. 

There are a few reasons you overpee during pregnancy that i understand. In the beginning, it's hormones and apparently not everybody has to deal with this their first trimester. But as the baby grows, she puts pressure on the bladder, making you feel the need to go a lot more. On top of hormones. There are some days when I actually am not peeing a whole awful lot. There are days when i'm going every 15 minutes. And then there are days when i feel like i need to pee (Not like a UTI, more because my little angel has stomped on my bladder.) with a sudden, urgent feeling that doesn't last, again, caused by The Stomp.

So .. i don't know if any of that helps but just to kind of give you my experiences.