August 2015 Moms
Options

Clingy Baby

My LO was a precious angel, who would stay in his cot or bouncer all day without a peep, fall asleep on his own and only cry if hungry.
But recently he has become so clingy I'm at my wits end!!
He wants to be held in someone's arms all the time, and that too standing. If we put him down in his bouncer or cot to play, he'll play all of 5 mins before he starts bawling. He either wants to be held or spoken to. I understand he is social and enjoys interaction and play, but I'm starting work in a week and he has to start daycare.
I've been trying really hard for two weeks to break his habit but he seems to be getting worse by the day! He's even stopped sleeping on his own and will not sleep till I holf him in my arms, at which he promptly falls asleep within seconds!
I am so stressed about this :(

Re: Clingy Baby

• Options

My LO is the same way! he wants our attention 24/7. Your lucky he was once a precious angel. I watched that you tube video called its just a phase and it really changed my perspective on things. Our babies are only little for so long and they will grow out of it. It is frustrating at times when your trying to get things done but know that it wont last forever and you'll miss these days. I put my LO in a fisher price infant seat and he sits on the counter and watches me cook dinner, or i put him in an infant carrier which he loves,  you just have to get creative. Soak in all the snuggles now because when you go back to work you'll miss him like crazy.

• Options
    MouseMama817MouseMama817 member
    edited November 2015
    It sounds like he's leaping. My LO just hit the Events leap and is acting the same way, though we've learned how to handle it since this is her 4th one. 

If you haven't heard of this, leaping is basically a term used to describe a jump in her mental development. Babies tend to be clingier and fussier during these times. You may want to consider downloading the Wonder Weeks app. It's helped us immensely.

ETA: Definitely agree with PP on the infant carrier. It's the only way I can comfort her and not completely fall behind on my other responsibilities!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My son goes through this some times, not all.  For the most part he is quite content and will find ways to entertain himself.  His hands and his feet are THE most entertaining things right now lol.  BUT, sometimes he wants to be held, talked to, ALL of the time.  And mommy and daddy don't really have the time to do this as we get home late sometimes and we have to cook, clean, take care of the dog, etc.

So sometimes I have to put him down in his swing and he will cry but about every 5 mins or so I put the pacifier back in his mouth and then go about taking care of whatever it was that I was doing.  This is after knowing that he has been changed and fed.  Once I am done that is when I will sit and talk with him for a little bit and he stops crying.  Sometimes our dog beats us to it and will entertain him (she does this little begging trick with him lol...it's cute).  Anyways, just trying to relate :).

• Options
    Thank you ladies. Got myself an infant carrier. Can't wait to try it on during his next crying spell.
    And the snuggles I love for sure :) No better feeling in the world!