July 2016 Moms
Options

Nursery ideas?

edited November 2015 in July 2016 Moms
I'm sure we've all spent time daydreaming about what our perfect nurseries look like, so what's yours! 

I love the idea of a Peter Pan/Neverland themed nursery. It works great for either a boy or a girl! It's really whimsical and fun and is one of my favorite childhood stories. My "baby crazy" Pinterest board is full of really great ideas that I can't wait to use! 

If money were no object, what would your dream nursery look like? 
And since money is a thing, what do you plan on doing?

ETA: some pics
If I had limitless money:
Since I dont: lots of little fun, creative details instead!

Re: Nursery ideas?

• Options
    LinzerBinzerLinzerBinzer member
    edited November 2015
    YESSS! I love this thread already. If it's a boy I really want to do a camping/outdoors theme. If it's a girl I might do a white+natural wood theme (not really a theme, I know). Or maybe a music theme - both DH and I are musically inclined and I love the idea of lullabies on the walls.

I haven't put a ton of thought into it yet and I'm sure as I read these posts I'll get new ideas!

Edited bc words are harrrrrd!
  • Options
    I'm thinking a woodland animal thing. Our house is small and the bedroom/nursery is very small, so space saving and organization is kind of where my mind is right now!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really want grey walls and white furniture with accents.  That way the child can grow into it without having to repaint!

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    Boy or girl it's probably gonna be rustic/woodland like the rest of our house. DH and I are really outdoorsy people and we love the wood barn feel, and antiques!
  • Options
    I don't want to make it gender specific either way. I'd like to do a jungle/safari/general world travel type of thing since DH and I love to travel.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    We did a really pretty ocean-themed nursery for my son.  The walls are teal, and there is a darker wave going across the one the crib is on.  He moved into another room earlier this year, so it is still set up the same.  If it's a boy, we're leaving it.  If it's a girl, I'm going to add some pink and mermaid accents to it with some new bedding.  I don't see the point in completely redecorating it until he/she's a little older and can give an opinion. :)
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    I'm also on the woodland creatures bandwagon. It's gender neutral and I love animals! Plus we live in the mountains so it makes sense.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    I found this on Pinterest a while ago, and pinned it to a secret board. I love the color paired with neutral gray
  • Options
    We already have gray paint, so just waiting for the DH to start that project in the spring. I'm torn between Beatrix potter and woodland animals. More than likely going to combine them.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MeganWordenMeganWorden member
    edited November 2015
    We will be doing a Sandra Boynton theme. Works for boy or girl :D We did a Calvin and Hobbes theme for DS1!

"Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." -Gandalf 
    m/c #1 01/10/12
    BFP #2 01/18/13. EDD 09/10/13. Missed m/c 02/18/13. 
    BFP #3 5/1/13 My rainbow DS born 1/13/14
    BFP #4 11/11/15 spontaneous m/c 12/28/15
    BFP#5  Praying for another rainbow in February!

• Options
    Were doing woodlands theme also! We're making a side table out of a tree stump, and we found a old wood dresser to restore and we have a old wood rocking chair to accent the theme! I'm excited!
  • Options
    I want to do tan walls with primary colored accents. I want one wall to have the alphabet and one have numbers. They will be wood in different colors/patterns, and different fonts. I also want a book wall.
  • Options
    I don't have a theme per se but we were given a second-hand glider that has a pale yellow cover on it and it's sorta sparked a soft grey and yellow idea. If we end up finding out the sex we'll stick with grey and yellow with some light pink accents used sparingly for a girl and if it's a boy I think we'll go with a light grey, dark orange and navy theme. I saw a pinterest nursery with grey walls except for a thick orange stripe along the top and it looked really nice. 

I'm with @mckcak23 too about the alphabet wall. Different colours and sizes and styles of letters. I've always loved reading and languages and I really want to instill the love of words into my child as well. 
  • Options
    We probably won't be finding out the gender, so we are going neutral. The walls are already white, and we will have a white crib and dresser, a grey glider, and a grey and white rug. Art for the walls is TBD, but it will probably have a vintage feel too, and possibly a slight Disney influence (I found some vintage Disneyland prints on etsy that I really like).
  • Options
    We are doing a Dr. Seuss theme for ours! I used to teach preschool and loved reading Dr. Seuss to the kids. I have lots of Dr. Seuss characters and also pictures so it will work out perfectly! My mom also sews so I am hoping she will make a Dr. Seuss quilt, diaper bag, and some other things for the nursery!
  • Options
    Im loving the neutral style rooms with light brown, beige, white and some light gray accents. We're starting to nn baby "baby bear" so I've been looking at some wall art with polar bears that are really adorable.
    If it's a girl there's a slight chance DH and I go full on girly and go with a baroque French theme/Laduree colors. We went to Paris in May and I love the pastels with gold accents decor we saw in Marie Antionettes bedroom at Versailles!
  • Options
    I would like to do grey walls with white furniture. I'm throwing around elephants and hot air balloons. Something that can go for a boy or girl. Pinterest is awesome for getting ideas and I love DIY!!
  • Options
    We are doing an outer space theme for either boy or girl. I've been obsessing over this for years after our first DD. I'm super excited.

• Options
    I would really love a Figment inspired room (From Journey into Imagination with Figment) but DH thinks he's kinda creepy. Whatever, I think it's a great.

Right now Star Wars is big on the list and maybe Toy Story. For either girl or boy. If money was no object, I would buy a lot of original art from Etsy. 
  • Options
    I'm a quilter, so after we find out the sex, I'll look around for fabric that I like.  For my older son, I found some original Winnie the Pooh toile (not the Disney version) that was the base for everything my mom and I made.  For my younger son, I found some fabric with cute little Australian animals on it.  Being from Louisiana, the alligators on it caught my eye.  He now has quite a collection of gators.
  • Options
    I love that so many people are thinking woodlands, so are we! I'd like to do trees with bright flowers & hummingbirds for a girl or trees with birds & deer for a boy! I'm blessed my dad is an artist, he's painted 2 nautical themed nurseries for my nephew & they've turned out fantastic!
  • Options
    I knew I wanted to marry my (now) husband when we were on a sail boat in the British Virgin Islands. We both love sailing as well. So naturally we'll be doing a coastal/slightly sailing themed gender neutral nursery. Tan walls, white chair rail, and white bottom half of the wall. There will be pops of a soft blue and maybe some sea foam green. My husband is building the crib, hoping to find an antique dresser and put a pad on top to use as the changing table. We also plan to have a big framed world map as well. The rest will fall into place after baby makes their entrance. 
  • Options
    We're going to do Winnie the Pooh theme. Cream walls, classic accents, and I WANT A TREE PAINTED ON THE WALL!!!! 

It's kind of woodland themed except not. 

I like the idea of a neutral nursery and graduating the kid into a new room later. We're also Disney nerds at our house to Pooh seemed like a good direction. 
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!

• Options
    @dolewhipper A Figment themed nursery sounds awesome! I LOVED Journey Into Imagination when I was a kid. The steampunk vibe was so cool. @mckcak23 All nurseries should have a book wall. Great idea. Our nursery room is painted Stratton Blue. For a girl, my nursery ideas center around this wallpaper from Anthropologie. For a boy, they center around famous portraits. I'm trying not to make too many plans now, but I'm so excited!
  • Options
    I LOVE this thread! <3
    Even though my Pinterest board is still secret and we're nowhere near ready to start working on the nursery, we've been dreaming about it for years!
    We want a "monster" themed gender-neutral room - dark charcoal grey walls with vibrant pops of color. Imagine plenty of books, lots of texture, plush seating, and silly, friendly monsters around!
    The DH and I are artists, so our whole house is modern, but VERY colorful. We hope our little jellybean has tons of imaginary adventures in his or her playful, but cozy, room. 
    Happily Married 10/12/14
    Egg Donor of 27 eggs
    MC: 08/03/11, 02/18/15 & 07/25/15 (Forever in our hearts)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Monster inc for a boy :) haven't thought about if it's a girl because I'm convinced it's a boy already lol
  • Options
    Grey and white with pink accents for a girl. Haven't decided for a boy for the same(ish) reason as PP.
  • Options
    This was my daughter's nursery. We decorated in pinks, greens and browns. I love her closet! We bought the shelving off Craigslist. We got hand-me-down clothing along with clothes at baby showers, so we had lots! Each rod was a different size 0-3, 3-6, 6-9 and 12 months. Now she is almost 2 and it is so much different! She has a big girl bed, a bookshelf, more artwork, no glider and no changing pad.
  • Options
    DH and I are thinking of doing a dragon fantasy theme. This would be no surprise to anyone who knows us. Lol, We both love dragons and they can be so cute. Right now the room is sage green but I will may be changing that.
  • Options
    This is my secret Pinterest board if we have a girl on the way. I want to have one wall of this wall paper and put the crib up against it. I love the Jenny Lind crib especially now that I know it's only $200. I think this will be easy to transition to a big girl room. We have beautiful, shiny wood floors that will need a cozy rug. I want to use either a big mirror or one of these prints above the crib. Jury is still out on a glider. I don't know if we need one.
    image.png 1003.8K
  • Options
    My husband and I were thinking "the secret garden" for a girl. Not too sure what we want if it's a boy yet though.
  • Options
    I did a floral letter for my little princess and after that decided to open a mom-at-home business - personalized flower wall decors made to order. Any letter with the color of your choice is made to order.
    Check out my Etsy shop paulettastore.etsy.com!

• Options
    We did woodland for ds last year, foxes are all over the place so it was really easy to do! We will be doing an under the sea theme for LO, whether a boy or a girl. I have an old wardrobe trunk I'm going to rehab as a treasure chest for toys when we find out the sex in a couple weeks. That was my original inspiration! I've had the trunk in the basement about a year just waiting for the perfect time to use it!