June 2016 Moms
Options

FRIDAY SYMPTOMS

Happy Friday!!

Please put ****QUESTION BELOW**** in front of your comment if you have a question that you want answered! 

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling? 

Rants/Raves? 

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night?

Re: FRIDAY SYMPTOMS

• Options
    How far along are you?
    8w0d

How are you feeling?
    Does my little bean have a calendar in there that says make MS worse at the start or each new week gestation? Because that's how it feels right now.

Rants/Raves?
    Its FRIDAY! That is all.

I'm a huge homebody so a nice home cooked dinner with a good movie sounds awesome to me.
  • Options
    mrsschmitymrsschmity member
    edited November 2015
    @Sgoldberg247 Boo for MS :( Hope you get some relief soon

How far along are you? 9w6d

How are you feeling? This cold is kicking my butt.

Rants/Raves? It's Friday! 3 days until my OB appt! Also, last night H got up and went to the store. He came back with all sorts of things that I can have to try and make me feel better. He's awesome.

GTKY: It really depends on what mood we're in, but really like adventurous dates where we go out and try something new or do something active. Last year for our anniversary we went hiking in the State Park close to our house. Other times I'm all for ordering pizza and and having a movie marathon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    7+6

How are you feeling?
    Ugh. The headaches can suck it. And the bloat has returned & it's making me kind of miserable. I'd say how tired I am but at this point that's just the norm with me.

Rants/Raves?
    It's Friday! That fact makes me very happy.

It totally depends. I love the nights we get dressed up & go out somewhere fancy, the nights we stay in with take out & a bottle of wine (this was before, obviously lol), & the nights we go out & do something fun (like bowling). I'm not picky, just really love any night we're able to do something with just the 2 of us. That's probably so cheesy, lol.
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    Sorry about the MS @Sgoldberg247!
    Hope your cold goes away soon @mrsschmity!
    @DeePaddy24 bring on the cheese! I feel the same way. :)
    How far along are you? 8w6d

How are you feeling? Excited it's Friday!

Rants/Raves? We're having dinner at a friend's house tonight. I'm so excited! 1.) It's not at my house, so no last minute cleaning freakout 2.) I don't have to cook! and 3.) did I mention no cleaning?

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? to echo DeePaddy, I love when DH and I can do something alone. Whether it's dinner out at a new place, or just running a race together, I'm not picky! It's nice to have one-on-one time.
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along:
    11w1d

Feeling: nauseous, exhausted since my weird need to pee wakes me up then it's hard to get back to sleep. Emotional!

Rants/raves: first trimester hasn't been the most fun but my baby is healthy, my blood work is great (diabetes runs in my family plus I'm vegan so supposedly more predisposed to anemia and b12 deficiency).

AND tomorrow we're doing a photo session to get some pictures with my fur babies and announcement pictures!

GTKY: I'm not sure if I have a favorite! Dinner at a favorite restaurant is always nice or breakfast. Depends on what we feel like!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Good morning everyone! 
    •  How far along are you? 7w, 4d 
    •  How are you feeling? Almost threw up before I was able to eat breakfast. Never made a bagel so fast in my life. Other than that I just woke up and would still be in bed if it weren't for hunger induced MS. 
    • Rants/Raves? My first real appt/US is next Thursday. I can't wait! 
    • GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? Sushi, wine and live music (love the blues)! Unfortunately 2/3 of those are out so we're trying to get creative. For day dates we love anything outdoors - hiking, climbing (out now also), cycling (questionable once belly gets big). Aagh! I think I have a rant now. lol Going to come back here to steal some prego-friendly date ideas. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8 weeks, 3 day

How are you feeling? Like crap. DH helped me with middle of the night kid wake ups last night and I STILL could not drag my butt out of bed this morning! Also, my emotions are out of whack. All I can think about is how bad I want to just quit my boring job and be home with my babies... wah!!

Rants/Raves? I'm really struggling with wanting to be a SAHM these days... I desperately want to be, but I'm afraid I'll feel so guilty sacrificing my income since we currently have free childcare from my parents. I don't want my kids to be cheated of all the fun things and activities they deserve because I wanted to be home and I'm scared I'll never find a nice, secure job like I have now when I try to go back into the workforce.

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? Hmmm... I think I prefer watching tv in my pajamas on the sofa with a cozy blanket and some yummy snacks... otherwise, I'd say going out to a country music concert.
    DS1 5-18-2012
    DS2 5-18-2014
    DD1 EDD 6-21-2016

babysizercom pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    Kballew10Kballew10 member
    edited November 2015
    @Sgoldberg247 - Hope you feel better soon!
    @Mrsschmity - Hope you get better soon!  Colds are awful even without being pregnant!
    @DeePaddy24 - Not cheesy, I totally agree!
    @Hockyfan42 - Other people doing the work is the BEST!
    @Kayla2536 - My fur babies would NEVER sit still for a photo session, so I've already given up hope of a puppy-related announecment.  Hopefully yours cooperate!

How far along are you? 7w6d

How are you feeling? I feel like everything I ate yesterday is just sitting in my stomach (aka. I feel like a bloated blimp)!  Part of me just wants to puke to feel better...

Rants/Raves? Friday, at last!  Turns out, most of our Friendsgiving attendees are DH's single friends, which means they won't notice or care if our house is not clean.  I cleaned last weekend, so a quick tidy will suffice.  Having mostly guy friends is sometimes beneficial!

GTKY: What is your favorite date night?
    I'm a big fan of dinner and a movie (how cliche), either out on the town or at home.  DH is a great cook, so dinners at home are always delicious, but sometimes it's nice to get all fancy and go out!  I also like day-dates where we hike and camp, just the two of us.  I'll basically just mirror everybody else and say I like when we just get to do stuff together!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Sgoldberg247: Sorry you're sick :(

@mrsschmity: Boo for colds, but your DH sounds so nice and supportive!

@DeePaddy24: I'm also with you on the cheese factor :)

@hockeyfan42: Yay for no cleaning!

How far along are you? Either 6w5d (u/s date) or 7w2d (O date). Whatever.

How are you feeling? Woke up nauseous as all get out. Not sleeping well. Cranky. Oof.

Rants/Raves? It's Friday! Just one contentious meeting and a pile of work between me and weekend freedom.

As I was laying on my left side trying not to puke this morning, DH asked "So, you think you might be up for sexy time tonight?". So I gave him the stink eye and said "Well sure, if I'm not puking." C'mon dude!!

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? Ordering good pizza, drinking wine (or lemon water in my current state), and watching a movie.
  • Options
    JonesBaby0624JonesBaby0624 member
    edited November 2015
    How far along are you? 8 weeks

How are you feeling? The nausea is getting better, maybe I'm just getting used to it.  Apparently I am having blood pressure issues.  My blood pressure dropped big time yesterday.  I saw the school nurse and she said to go home and rest since I already have a doc appointment today.  I didn't have any other symptoms so she wasn't really worried just wanted to rest and eat something!

Rants/Raves? My boyfriend ate my blueberry muffins Tuesday night and I didn't have them Wednesday morning.  I threatened him to not eat my food.  I know I totally overreacted but I can't let it go.  I wanted my muffins!!!!!!!  BIG RAVE!!!  We have an appointment with US today.  So ready to hear this little heartbeat!

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night?  I love to go to our favorite wine bar or cocktail bar and listen to the live music.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    How far along are you? 8w6d

How are you feeling? Okay today, was super bloated yesterday but I actually ate dinner with protein last night so that was a big accomplishment!

Rants/Raves? It's Friday!!!! DH, my sister, BIL and my parents are all going out for a fancy seafood dinner tonight... I can't wait to spend time with them but am seriously concerned about what I'm going to eat :-/

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? Pre-pregnancy: a nice dinner with lots of wine. It's always so nice to just have a couple of drinks with DH and enjoy each other's company without any phones, computers, etc. Now: cuddling on the couch and trying not to vomit!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    @Sgoldberg247 and @mrsschmity, hope you both feel better soon!

@hockeyfan42, yay for not having to cook or clean!

How far along are you?
    8w1d

How are you feeling? A little tired, bloated, nauseous, and hungry, but don't want to eat feeling. Still sore nips and slightly tender boobs. Respiratory infection is getting better each day, less coughing waking me up in the middle of the night. Heartburn is really kicking in after every dinner this week though. Fell asleep on the sofa at 8:30 last night. DH made me get up and play hide and seek with our puppy, but it was fun. (hide in the house somewhere while DH encourages puppy to "go find mommy!" and "where's mommy?". It helps burn off her energy and she's actually really good at playing it!)

Rants/Raves? Can't wait to get to Tuesday for our first u/s. Beyond excited and nervous. Also, I don't seem to like the smell of coffee anymore. People brew it all over our suite and it just does not smell good to me anymore.

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? Every Thursday we go out to dinner and alternate who picks where we go. Other than that, we don't really do dates. We're pretty big homebodies and really lazy. But I do love running errands on Saturdays with DH, if that counts?

Me - 33, DH - 33
    Married - May 2014
    DH - Low Count/Motility/Morph - Varicocele vein x 2 - surgery (8/11) - success!
    BFP - 10/10/15, EDD - 6/20/16 - It's a BOY!
    Baby #1 - 6/29/16 - Lucas Christopher, 10 lbs 3 oz, 22.25 inches
    Baby #2 - TTC May 2017
    BFP - 9/10/17, EDD - 5/26/18 - It's a GIRL! - RCS May 22nd

My Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you?  7 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling?  Great!   I haven't been as exhausted lately and have been going to bed at my normal time!! 

Rants/Raves? My little bean HATES garlic bread.  The first time I have been sick due to food with this or the last pregnancy.  I immediately felt better, but seriously garlic bread!  It is one of my favorites!!

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night?  Our date night is usually Tuesday night since that is when DD is with her father.  I loved when we would go out for Mexican, have a pitcher of margs, and then binge watch Netflix!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ****QUESTION BELOW****

Have you all been burping a lot? I used to burp a lot b/c i drank a lot of soda, but that's been cut 99%. I find myself burping sometimes to get some relief from nausea/bloaty feeling, but other times, just burping randomly. TMI: Some of the burps I get a little stuff coming up, like kind of acidic. I'm assuming that's b/c my heartburn has picked up? Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues?

Me - 33, DH - 33
    Married - May 2014
    Baby #2 - TTC May 2017

My Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

****QUESTION BELOW****

Have you all been burping a lot? I used to burp a lot b/c i drank a lot of soda, but that's been cut 99%. I find myself burping sometimes to get some relief from nausea/bloaty feeling, but other times, just burping randomly. TMI: Some of the burps I get a little stuff coming up, like kind of acidic. I'm assuming that's b/c my heartburn has picked up? Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues?

Nope, you're not alone. Not to be indelicate, but sometimes I sound like a lumberjack and can't help it.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8 weeks 2 days

How are you feeling? Gross, tired, sick, grumpy, distracted and very nervous today. We are going in for our first appointment. No Dr. just a lot of health history information, etc. with the nurses. But we will be getting an ultrasound. There really isn't any big reason for my to be nervous, I am a FTM with no previous losses and things seem to be going fine but I am so worried that we will get bad news. Focusing at work is going to be impossible since my appointment isn't until 1pm.

Rants/Raves? nothing really, just want time to speed up today.

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? We really like to go on hikes or ride bikes together but also love a good movie and dinner. 
  • Options
    crdo said:
    ****QUESTION BELOW****

Nope, you're not alone. Not to be indelicate, but sometimes I sound like a lumberjack and can't help it.
    Ditto. Burping was one of the first things I noticed even before I got a BFP. It continued through 8 weeks or so, but has settled down a bit. You're definitely not alone though.
  • Options
    crdo said:
    ****QUESTION BELOW****

Ditto. Burping was one of the first things I noticed even before I got a BFP. It continued through 8 weeks or so, but has settled down a bit. You're definitely not alone though.
    You are not alone with the burping or the heartburn flare up.  Burping is the only way I can get the nausea to subside sometimes.  DH always laughs at me, sarcastically tells me it's sexy, and then tries to outdo me.  We're super mature...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Question***

I have been bleeding for 3 weeks, baby looks great, they can't find a bleed anywhere yet here I am, bleeding away. Some days it's bright red, somedays its brown spotting, sometimes it's a lot, sometimes it's barely there. They can't find any reason why. Is this happening to anyone else? Or does anyone have a weird reason why they were bleeding?
  • Options
    ** Question below!***

How far along are you? 8 weeks today

How are you feeling? The bloats returned a bit... lots on indigestion too but overall I'm doing pretty well. 

Rants/Raves? MY FIRST APPOINTMENT IS TODAY!!!! I cannot wait!!! My **QUESTION** is - I never asked when I made the appointment if I'd be getting an ultrasound at this appointment I just assumed I would be, did everyone get an U/S on their 8 week appt (if you had one)? Did you request it or was it standard? I'm really hoping/praying we get one and we get to see our little bug and have pictures to show our parents tomorrow when we announce?? Would love to hear your experiences! 

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? Once a year our wedding venue invites all of the couples back who have been married there over the last few years for a "ball" its like getting to go to your wedding again, except no stress! That is my favorite night of the year for sure, we get all dressed up and go dancing etc. The rest of the year, I love going to a nice restaurant, then coming home and enjoying wine on our deck by the firepit :) Or in the summer when we go to see the fireworks once a week on the beach with wine (God I miss wine). 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options

How far along are you? 9 weeks!

How are you feeling? @Sgoldberg247 Me too! Every Friday (new week gestation) is the worst day of the week for ms and the only days I've vomited so far. So strange. I hope you feel better soon!

Rants/Raves? We had our first us on Wednesday and saw our little bean! He/she was moving around and we saw a perfect little heartbeat (170bpm). It was awesome! Everything is right on track and even though we measured a few days ahead of lmp, they kept my due date the same.

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? My favorite dates are the low key ones. Either pizza and a movie at home or going for a hike or trip to the beach with our dog.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    9w 6d

How are you feeling?
    MS is still in full swing, and my face is looking like a greasy mess! My belly is just starting to pooch out so I look chubby instead of pregnant. Can't wait for the 2nd trimester. I'm praying the sickness will stop then!

Rants/Raves?
    Had the first ultrasound earlier this week! Baby looked great and was moving around like crazy in there! Also, found out I'm about 5 days further along than I originally thought!

My DH is a homebody most of the time, so when we go out I like to see a movie and have a nice dinner or meet up with friends. Really anything to get out of the house!
  • Options

crdo said:

****QUESTION BELOW****

For sure, I have never been a gassy person. Now DH is constantly looking at me in disgust :-1:

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Glad to know the burping is normal!

@kballew10: I've been able to burp on command for years, but DH just doesn't appreciate those skills! He's probably just jealous of my burping skills? Maybe?

@MsBeachNJ: I *think* it's standard to get an u/s at 8+ weeks. I think before that they don't always do an u/s because there may not be much to see and may not be a heartbeat yet, but I think at 8 weeks you should be able to see more and hear the HB. FX you get one and that everything looks great!

Me - 33, DH - 33
    Married - May 2014
    Baby #2 - TTC May 2017

My Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @MsBeachNJ I think it just depends on your doctor. I had one at 6 weeks at first appointment.

9/6

Feeling better today. Key is to get a good breakfast in.

Favorite date night?
    Comedy club for sure! Esp the comedians that make fun of relationships. So much fun. We have been doing these since our second date.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8 weeks + 5 days

How are you feeling? Pretty nauseated but at least less ragey than yesterday. And emotional! My sister made me cry this morning by posting a picture of her daugher's birth on Instagram because it's her 12th birthday. All the feels.

Rants/Raves? I don't want to get fat again this pregnancy but nothing settles my stomach in the morning except a chocolate bar. Oh well. Hopefully 2nd and 3rd trimesters I can have a reasonably healthy diet. Also, I hate my cat these days. Every night at midnight he starts running around my bedroom making SO MUCH NOISE while my toddler and I are trying to sleep. I just lie in bed fantasizing about throwing him out the window...

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? I know it's not the most unique answer but I just like going out to a fancy restaurant, having a multi-course meal with wine, and actually just chatting with each other like adults instead of just yelling to each other from the next room about poop crises. I really need to book some sitter nights and do a few date nights before baby #2 comes and makes life even more hectic...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8w2d

How are you feeling? Running joke in the family I can throw up on command now. :( I am nauseas 24/7. Other than that I am ok. Just can't stomach anything due to always feeling crappy.

Rants/Raves? Rant: my husband has decided he wants to do everything he can to try and piss me off (not true he is the best but I swear if he eats the last of something and doesn't buy more and I go to have some and it is gone I might kill him haha)

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? We are a sports family so our favorite date nights are to some kind of game.
  • Options
    Kballew10 said:

crdo said:

****QUESTION BELOW****

You are not alone with the burping or the heartburn flare up.  Burping is the only way I can get the nausea to subside sometimes.  DH always laughs at me, sarcastically tells me it's sexy, and then tries to outdo me.  We're super mature...

Me too. I'll rush to the bathroom to puke only to find out it was a burp all along. I never used to burp so this is all quite new for me. Not a fan.
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ I didn't ask for one, but it was basically the point of the whole appointment. I would think they would want to make sure there is a heartbeat in the right place. Hope you get your u/s!

@Scout27 glad I'm not the only one who seems to get intensified symptoms at the start of each new week. I thought it was going crazy until I looked back and sure enough, that's when puke frequency changes and new food issue show up (ex. I can no longer stomach eggs for breakfast, I could a few days ago). So weird.

@Emztron500 My doctor wasn't concerned with nutrition in the first trimester. Basically said get down whatever you can manage and make sure you're getting a prenatal. Our situations may be different but I wouldn't be too worried about the chocolate for breakfast.

@alysemciver I haven't had any bleeding but if your doctor isn't worried, I would do my best to not worry (not sure how well that would work but I would try). I'm sorry you're going through weird bleeding issues and hope it gets better.
  • Options
    Diesel615Diesel615 member
    edited November 2015
    How far along are you? 7 weeks 4 days 

How are you feeling? Still pretty miserable. Really bad nausea if I'm not eating continuously. 

Rants/Raves? There's NO water at work and I've had to go to the bathroom for hours and holding it is making my nausea that much worse and making me feel even worse. They say we won't get water for at least a couple more hours. I may have to bail out and drive the 5 miles to the closest gas station (we're out in the boonies) to use their bathroom. SO thankful it's Friday tho!! 

GTKY: (Stolen from TTGP ) What is your favorite date night? I just like simple stuff, dinner and a movie or going for walks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options
    Update!!! I posed the question earlier if it was probable or not that I would get an ultrasound today at my 8 week appointment, well I did! And we saw the baby and heard & saw the heartbeat!!! So relieved/happy!! Thanks all for your reassurance!
  • Options
    MsBeachNJ said:

Update!!! I posed the question earlier if it was probable or not that I would get an ultrasound today at my 8 week appointment, well I did! And we saw the baby and heard & saw the heartbeat!!! So relieved/happy!! Thanks all for your reassurance!

Yay! Isn't it amazing?
  • Options
    @Sgoldberg247 yes it made it seem so real! It's been such a foreign concept to me until I saw & heard it!