August 2015 Moms
Options

How to help LO find thumb

My LO seems to want to self soothe but I think is struggling. She tucks her thumb in between her pointer and middle finger, then tries to get her thumb from there or sucks on her whole fist. Lately I have tried to give her the thumb alone but she won't take it. Her latest is she puts her pointer finger in her mouth and gags herself. She has really long fingers! Any suggestions? If she wanted her thumb, would she have found it by now or is this common? Thanks!

Re: How to help LO find thumb

• Options
    My LO sucks on his entire fist most of the time. I'm not to worried about it, as he also takes his paci really well. Figured if he wanted something different he would let me know. 

Also in the Wonder Weeks app, it says that after one of the early leaps, LO will discover his/her hands and start to play with them more.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I'm active mostly in the July board but had my LO 8/5 and there is a whole thread over there about hand sucking. It is common. My LO will switch back and forth from his thumb to entire first. It's part of motor skills and could be possible early teething.