June 2015 Moms

The flu (stomach)

I know I'm being a special snowflake here but my LO has the flu tonight...... Puking every 5 min and now it's clear colored....
I called up to work and they said he's not too young to have it.... And to make sure he has a wet diaper within 8 hrs.
Has anyone else's LO had the actual stomach bug flu?
I'm of course bawling.

Re: The flu (stomach)

• I'm sorry :( I don't have any help but I hope he gets better soon.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Poor LO and you!! I'm so sorry. No advice either. Hopefully it's over quick
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no, we haven't had that. I'm so sorry.
  • No flu here but that sounds awful! I hope he gets some relief ASAP! Poor baby.
  • @klkonwi Oh no! We haven't gone through that yet. It sounds terrible! Sending good vibes your way for a fast recovery!
  • LO was puking and fevery after her 4 month shots...we were told if she truly couldn't keep food down to give her a small amount of pedialite. And only feed her 1-2oz at a time until she could keep it down. It only lasted a few hours but it was terrible...i feel for you mama.
  • @klkonwi I hope your dear sweet LO starts to feel better soon! I would be a wreck, stay strong mama!
  • Yeah I'm a wreck. Heartbroken for him.... He's too little to be vomiting like that ! Ugh
  • @klkonwi oh no! I hope he holds down the food he just took! That sounds terrible! I hope he rebounds soon and you both can relax a little bit :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ugh this sounds awful!! Sending some love that your little guy feels better soon! I never know who to feel worse for the sick baby or the worried mom. :( Hang in there!
  • @klkonwi I hope your little guy feels better asap. It's so hard when LOs get sick.
  • So sorry @klkonwi! I hope he's feeling better!
  • Aw poor baby :( hope he feels better soon!
  • Wishing a speedy recovery!
  • Hoping today is better @klkonwi thinking of you three!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @klkonwi so sorry for you and LO hope he feels better soon!
  • @klkonwi How's the little man doing?
  • Keeping your LO in my thoughts. So sorry he's sick. Has he been able to keep his milk down?
  • Yup. LO was puking a lot for about three days... We are two weeks out from the onset and he pukes about every 36 hours. My kids are pukers though. My daughter went through the same thing with the stomach flu when she was five months old and we ended up having to get her zofran and IV fluids. We are currently weaning LO off of zofran to see if this bug has finally run its course.

See if you can get him to take an ounce of pedialyte every hour. If he keeps that down after a few hours, bring his milk back in. That seemed to really help my kids.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• ^^^ thank you all for the kind words and advice.
    I am at work tonight overnight and my heart is breaking because he's at home. He seemed to be acting a little better before I left. Kept down 2 feedings....... So I will find out more in the morning.
    @ksimo6 that sounds awful!!! 3 days?!? Ahhhh! Praying your LO is finally over his bug!
  • I think I'll be not so distraught at the next illness? Lol. This first one was just awful !
  • You are both tough! Wishing your LO a speedy recovery and wishing you some peace as you both recover!

• ksimo6ksimo6 member
    edited November 2015
    klkonwi said:

I think I'll be not so distraught at the next illness? Lol. This first one was just awful !

I get upset every time. You're a mama! It's in your dna!
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Give him pedialyte! I had to take Sylvester to the emergency room a few weeks ago because he threw up for 2 days and wasn't using the bathroom and they told me to just put pedialyte in a bottle and give him as much as he'd take. It was great, he'd drink about 6 Oz and never threw it up.