2nd Trimester
Options

Bum cheek cramp?

Hey. Just wondering if bum cheek cramp is common? I get it during my sleep in right bum cheek and it keeps me awake. I can't stretch it out as stretching doesn't work. I also find that the right side of my lower back is achey during the day. Any ideas on how to relieve this? I don't like taking tablets such as paracetamol unless I really have to. So after natural relief rather than taking something.

Answers

• Options
    Likely pregnancy-induced sciatica. Google sciatic nerve pain in pregnancy. You should be able to find some stretches to help it, and warm baths/showers and massage also help.
    Married July 2009, Rescue dog adopted September 2010, DS born June 2012
    Expecting LO2 in February 2016
    Ghost of MrsMuq
  • Options
    I've been having the same problem on both sides. I saw a chiropractor and a massage therapist and had wonderful results.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had this for over a month too along with shooting pains in my leg and constant dull backache - was diagnosed with sciatica and SPD which thankfully has mostly cleared up now.

I still get a deepset dull ache in my left buttock often and find warm baths with bath salts really help. If you don't have a bath - standing under a hot shower for 10mins helps in the evening. I'm also using a cushion at work to help support my back which indirectly has an effect on my buttock too.
  • Options
    I'm having similar issues- find it very difficult through the night especially when I have to get up to pee. Can't walk some nights the pain is so bad. Anyone have any luck with wearing a support band? I've seen chiro, massage- both help but doesn't seem to be relieved for long before it's back!
  • Options
    ericachet said:

I'm having similar issues- find it very difficult through the night especially when I have to get up to pee. Can't walk some nights the pain is so bad. Anyone have any luck with wearing a support band? I've seen chiro, massage- both help but doesn't seem to be relieved for long before it's back!

Yes, I forgot to mention - I've bought myself a serola belt on the advice of my physio - amazing. I feel weightless when I wear it and it relieves a lot of pressure from my lower back/tailbone area which alleviates the pain and helps me walk easier.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies. I don't feel alone anymore
  • Options
    I got a pregnancy pillow which has helped loads. I still get it but on,y now and again. Xx