Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Need to vent

I know this probably isn't the right place to put this, but I just really need to vent. My husband came home this morning from work and tole me he was laid off. The company he was working for has been "cutting back" for about a month now so he already started searching for a new job. I had an appointment for next week to go over my blood work I had done last week to see why I still haven't had a period or ovulated since my d&c almost 9 weeks ago. I feel like nothing has been going right to allow us to become parents and I'm so frustrated right now. I know we're all in the same boat with wanting to become a parent, but without insurance right now I won't be able to start any treatments if I need them. I already called and canceled my appointment so I don't get charged in case I were to forget to cancel it and I asked if I could have my results from my blood work and she said they can't give them over the phone. So now, not only are we stuck paying for part of the blood work, but I also can't find out my results without an appointment and I can't afford another appointment because we already have a few medical bills from my previous pregnancy and how high our student loans are. I'm starting to feel like we're not even meant to be parents since nothing has worked out this far. I know my situation could be much worse, and I'm sorry for anyone what has had to deal with more. This past year has just been really rough on us between losing my dad, losing a baby, me trying to study for my boards..I'm just more than ready to have something happy and positive in my life and right now I feel like we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

Re: Need to vent

• Options
    I am sorry about your losses, your baby, your dad, and your husbands job. Those are all really tough things to go through individually, when it rains it pours, it sucks you had to go through them all in one year. I would said good riddance 2015!
    All I can say is focus on those things you have control over and address them one at a time. Support your husband in his job search/to apply for unemployment benefits, finish/do well in your studies and find alternative low cost health options, maybe you guys are elegible for some health plans.
    Be patient and take it one day at a time, life can be mean sometimes and beat you down, but things will get better. I wish you the best of luck and your rainbow baby soon.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and all your recent struggles.

I hope your husband finds something very soon. I agree it might be a good distraction if you focus on helping him with the job search.

As far as your medical stuff, do you think you might at least be covered through the end of the month? I would check on that with your insurance provider, or maybe a payment plan could be worked out. Sorry again, and I hope you get some good news soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you. I know it could be so much worse, but I just feel like we take one step forward and two steps back. And I know a lot of people on here feel like that too. I'm going to have him call about the insurance and find out if we do have it until the end of the month or not