TTC after 35
Options

Stupid question but is waxing safe?

I feel stupid asking but I can't really find anything online.
Is it ok to get bikini waxes while TTC? It's the only thing I'm doing differently from when I had my lo. I figured maybe the waxing was affecting blood flow or I don't know.
Just trying to figure out why. I told h I'm not getting waxed until KU or until we throw in the towel.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stupid question but is waxing safe?

• Options
    I don't really know, but it seems unlikely that it would have any effect. 

That said, i have found that if there is anything i am are worrying about, its best to just not do that habit, eat that item etc -- assuming of course there are no negative health  benefits or other affects. 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    I wouldn't think it would matter, but I'm with @dolphin012 if you're worried, I'd give it up.

I'm wracking my brain too to try to find a reason why things aren't working for us like they did last time. But the main thing I can come up with is that my stress is higher and my sleep is lower and I can't find too much to do about those things. I keep telling myself that it took my mom 2 years to get pregnant with my brother after she had no trouble getting pregnant with me. I think sometimes it just takes time and there may not be a reason. I like to console myself by saying that we just have to keep waiting until it's the right kiddo that will be conceived--just exactly the one God has picked out for our family. It doesn't always help (like today) but sometimes it does. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally agree about the wracking your brain to figure out why each time didn't work. I spend so much time during the TWW worrying about every little thing, like if it's okay to eat certain things, drink certain teas, etc. I do agree that if it's not absolutely necessary and you're worried about it, it's probably better to just cut it out of your life for now.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    I agree with all others, I don't THINK it would be an issue, but personally, I never want to do anything that I could look back at and regret if I get a BFN.  That's just me...  And I think it's normal to wrack your brain about why it's not happening.  We all do it...
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to hold off for now. I went years without it so it's no big deal to stop now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker