Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

any ladies have IB around 10dpo

amaluna66amaluna66 member
edited November 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
This is my first month TTC. We DTD on all the days we were supposed to, and now, at 10dpo I am having very light, brown, spotting. I don't know if this very early AF (not due for 2 weeks) or IB. Any of you ladies experience IB around 10 dpo or is the witch just early?

Re: any ladies have IB around 10dpo

• Options
    amaluna66 said:

This is my first month TTC. We DTD on all the days we were supposed to, and now, at 10dpo I am having very light, brown, spotting. I don't know if this very early AF (not due for 2 weeks) or IB. Any of you ladies experience IB around 10 dpo or is the witch just early?

How can you be 10dpo but AF isn't due for another two weeks?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Implantation bleeding is very rare and can only be confirmed in hindsight, unfortunately. All you can do is wait to test, although like PP, I am confused by your timing. If you are 10 DPO but still have two weeks til AF, that would give you a 24 day LP, which isn't possible. How do you know you ovulated 10 days ago? Are you temping to confirm?
  • Options
    As PP have said, you seem to have some misconceptions about your cycle. Read the newbie post and definitely lurk around. Either you aren't really 10 DPO, or your period is due much earlier than you think. If you're not temping though, you don't know whether you've ovulated.
    Also, nobody knows if it is IB. Even if you turn a test positive, there's no way to know if spotting is a result of implantation. Spotting can happen any time in your cycle for any number of reasons.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    amaluna66 said:

*lurking*

Are you temping to confirm O? I suggest you read the newbie threads. Also, most of the women on the board had never been pregnant so you would probably have better luck in the first trimester board with this question.
  • Options
    IB usually goes unnoticed. Consider yourself the rule, not the exception to the rule.
  • Options
    You might find better help over on the 1st Trimester board where the women are in early pregnancy and may have experienced this recently. None of us are currently pregnant. Good luck.
  • Options
    sldp123sldp123 member
    edited November 2015
    Are you sure you are 10DPO? If you are, and AF isn't due for two weeks, that would mean you have a 24 day LP, which is basically impossible.

Last cycle I was convinced I was pregnant, and I read all about implantation bleeding. I always thought it happened earlier, around 6-7DPO, but from what I read it could happen at the time your normal period is expected. 

ETA: Shocker, but turns out I wasn't pregnant and the bleeding was the beginning of AF. That's most commonly how the story ends it seems. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    juliehollz13juliehollz13 member
    edited November 2015
    If you're 10DPO then your period is really due anytime, as normal LP is anywhere between 10-16 days, so at the most AF is 6 days away. My regular anovulatory cycles are about 45 days long, but the cycles that I DO ovulate are 30-32 days long. Ovulation definitely changes the day you should expect your period. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    How do you know which days you are "supposed to" have sex?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

OP, where did you go? 

Maybe she's busy re-counting the days until her expected period- since her first estimation seemed a bit... off
  • Options
    jsassy said:

Am I the only one who thinks of IB as irritable bowels??

LOL I read the whole post as irritable bowels. I didn't even think of implantation bleeding when I first saw it.
  • Options
    babymishbabymish member
    edited November 2015
    jsassy said:

Yes!! @jsassy I avoided opening the thread to begin with because I just didn't want to know :S

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    OP, I can't help at all. I didn't have Implantation bleeding with LO#1 & I'm new to trying to figure any of this out.

Does QFP mean Quit F@$#ing Playing?
  • Options

OP, I can't help at all. I didn't have Implantation bleeding with LO#1 & I'm new to trying to figure any of this out.

Does QFP mean Quit F@$#ing Playing?

Qfp = quoted for posterity
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Oh. Ha.
    Thanks @MamaBish :blush:
  • Options
    jsassy said:

Dude, I had the EXACT same reaction initially. I was like, pepto is awesome...

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    jsassy said:

I <3 Andy Dwyer.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    KDHB13 said:
    jsassy said:

I <3 Andy Dwyer.
    I love the way the camera tries to move to cut out Aubrey Plaza when she starts to lose it like they're still going to use the shot.  And then eventually they're just like, "fuck it, we're not using this for anything other than the gag reel."
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019