Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Old Newbie *TW

Hello Ladies,

My name is Allison and I have been on and off TB for nearly a decade (yikes!) Anyway, DH and I are planning to TTC as soon as I get my Mirena out in about two weeks. A lot has changed since I was last here so bear with me as I get used to the new rules. DS was kind of a surprise so this TTC stuff is all new to me. Worry not, however, as I have put in my time lurking, read the stickys, and downloaded FF (even though its kinda useless for me since I don't get periods with the Mirena.) I'm super anxious/excited to get started and look forward to going on this journey with you ladies!
My main concerns right now are: coming off SSRI's- how much more of this misery will I have to endure? And TTC after Mirena. and advice/tips are greatly appreciated!

Me: 32
DH: 30
DS: Born 10/21/2011
Mirena Removal: 11/23/2015 

Re: Old Newbie *TW

• Options
    Hello and good luck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    I personally have never been on SSRIs or had the Mirena so I don't have much advice for that but I know both will take time to get everything back to normal. Use the WTO and TWW boards to vent and post concerns, helps me get through this TTC journey. Oh and welcome!
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!
  • Options
    What @kcolly32 said, and definitely chart/temp like you're planning to do! It's saved me so much confusion as I happened to wind up with long post-Mirena cycles. Good luck to you and I hope your stay here is short!
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    Welcome!  I came off of Prozac in April when we started trying and it got better after about 2-3 months.  At first I was super emotional about everything and crying at commercials.  Now I have mellowed by still deal with a lot of anxiety.  But it should all be worth it!
  • Options
    Welcome & Good luck!:)
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm not sure about SSRI and I had the other IUD (copper), so I'm no help on either of those questions, but I did want to say Hi and welcome!  I hope you don't have to hang around here long (as much fun as these ladies are)!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    Thanks for the tips ladies!
    @Irg14- I was prescribed Paxil by my GI to treat IBS a few months ago. It helped a lot but coming off has left me with intense vertigo and other flu like symptoms. It's been about a week and I'm trying my best to wait this out but I feel so useless because I can't do anything without feeling like the room is spinning. Haven't noticed many emotional changes, just frustration with these symptoms. I've been tempted to go back on just to get some relief, but then I'd have to push back TTC and I'm already counting down the days as it is!