Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

No nap in her crib

Hello everyone, so my little girl is 9 months old and she doesn't want to nap in her crib, she only want to sleep in her stroller which is in the bassinet mode. I don't really know what to do because she has no problem to sleep in her bed at night but during the day as soon as she is laying down she start yelling, I mean yelling for real not crying, so I try to let her cry but she doesn't fall asleep. If you have any idea how I could make a transition between the stroller and her crib because soon she will be to big to fit in her stroller/bassinet. Thanks

Re: No nap in her crib

• Options

Wow! She takes all of her naps in her stroller? Whatever works :)

IMO you just have to start putting her in her crib. Do they same routine you do before you put her in the stroller and when she shows signs of needing her nap, put her in the crib. Eventually with consistency she will learn that she needs to nap in the crib. It might be a rough couple days but at this point and at her age, you sort of just have to bite the bullet.

• Options
    My son is the same way! He is 9 months and I seem to be able to get him to sleep in his crib - not without a little whining - on the weekends but during the week he will not go down other than the stroller for my in laws and his sitter. I think it may be a lack of schedule but I'm having trouble having the caretakers do the same thing everyday. I'm hoping to try to start scheduling him over the next few weeks when I'm home for the holidays.