Trouble TTC

Intro (children mentioned)

Hi Ladies!  I wanted to provide a quick intro as my husband and I are beginning to start the process of TTC with our RE again.  I'm 29, PCOS-IR (anoluvatory) and Hashi's (currently hypo). 

In 2012 I had not had a cycle on my own (i.e., not ovulating) without Provera or Prometrium in ~ 15 months so we sought out an RE after my OB's nurse prescribed Clomid over the phone... (crazy, I know).  My HSG was clear but my left tube took awhile to show the movement, my husband's SA was good, and I responded well to Clomid... now we have 3 yo twins.

My cycles were fairly normal once I stopped breastfeeding but now here we are again - just as we were starting to try on our own with hopes that my body had magically 'fixed' itself...about a year with no cycle on my own (taking Prometrium every 90 days).  

First appointment with my RE was last month, and he's got my back on Metformin and now Ovasitol as well to try to regulate the PCOS/insulin to allow my body to attempt to ovulate on its own.  I have to go in for an HSG in early December as I had a rough delivery and my RE wants to confirm that my extensive blood loss during my C-section/post-partum seizure didn't cause any damage to my tubes.  He also wants to get my husband to re-do an SA to ensure nothing has changed too drastically for him before we get to work on me... my next follow up is 12/18 to discuss next steps.

Looking forward to supporting each other as we all work through our journeys here!

Re: Intro (children mentioned)

• Welcome!! I hope all your future tests come back with great outcomes. Best of luck to you!!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Welcome to the board!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Loading the player...
  • It's always nice to hear previous success stories following fertility treatments over here, and it gives me hope. Welcome to the board and GL with TTC #3 :)
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20