Parenting after 35
Options

Weekly Check-in Nov 8

How was your week?

QOTW: six more Saturdays until Christmas. If you celebrate, how are you doing on your shopping? (Ie. All done, waiting until black Friday?)
Me-37, DH-38
Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

Re: Weekly Check-in Nov 8

• Options
    So this week DH and LO have both been sick, ick. Both with sinus problems and both have been super tough in dealing with it. Although LO being sick on top of this current sleep regression has been tough.
    SIL visited this weekend. Was nice to have the chores done in advance and have an excuse to relax and watch a movie.
    My parents are coming in a couple days and we are praying hard that DH feels better so we can do something fun together while we have babysitters :)

I've been in hard core Christmas shopping mode this week, as we're doing gift exchange with the IL's at Thanksgiving. So it will be nice to have half of it done, and I have some ideas of what I'm getting my family, so that should be straightforward.
    Me-37, DH-38

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    @mindaa ... sorry to hear your crew is sick.  Hope everyone gets better soon!

I went back to work last Thursday.  I cried for days leading up to it, but managed okay on the actual day.  Dad stayed home with her Thursday and Friday, which made the transition a bit easier.  Now LO is being watched by a lady who used to teach with me, but who is now staying home with her kiddos (3 and 14 months).  It has worked out well so far.

Been having a lot of anxiety, and finally decided to talk to my doctor at my fiance's urging.  One of the toughest things I've ever done.  (I don't like to admit when I have a problem.)  Am taking seratonin to help with the anxiety.  It's only been a week, but I think it is starting to help.  I've only told my fiance' (and you ladies) about this and have asked him not to share it with anyone.  I know I shouldn't be concerned about it, but I'm just really ready to talk about it with other people yet.

Anyway, enough about that.  Christmas!!!  I am so excited because we will be having Christmas at our house AND my parents AND my brother are flying in.  It will be the first time my family has been all together for Christmas in 10 years!  

Okay, shopping.  I tend to buy little things throughout the year.  I am about halfway done, I think.  I have to go through my stash and see what I have because I often forgot I bought things, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Hi ladies!

Minda sorry about the sickness. Even if he's not 100% I hope you get out!

Jersey girl I'm happy to hear you have a possible solution for your anxiety! Hope it keeps working. Give us an update next week.

We've had an AWESOME week. :) Termination of parental rights is complete for our toddler. He's legally free for adoption! We have a tentative date set early next year.

I don't do xmas but we just had our anniversary celebration. I'm normally a planner. I have everything months in advance. This year with new baby I got everything just a week before online & wrapped 2 days before. But that's probably better since I always want to open presents as soon as they're wrapped!

How much do you usually spend per person on xmas presents? We set a $100 budget & both at least doubled! We also have a special meal out and got presents for the kids on no budget. Just a few toys each.

• Options
    Awesome news, @Baby'smom!  Hope it is smooth sailing moving forward.

For Christmas we always go over what we plan, lol.  For me it's all about the "perfect" gift.  I'll spend a little more if I know the person will really like it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Baby'smom, so exciting about making progress on the adoption! 
    I do most of my shopping online, too. Is especially nice given we're travelling for holidays and can have gifts shipped directly to our relatives homes. 
    We do a pretty good job of sticking to a $100 budget for (immediate) family members, but DH and always go over that on each other. That will probably change as we incorporate DS.

Glad to hear work is off to a good start!  Hopefully the upcoming holidays will make the transition easier. Very brave of you to seek help - and definitely interested in hearing how it goes. I've had some struggles but keep talking myself out of it, always convincing myself that my issues are only correlated with fatigue and lack of exercise. 
    Me-37, DH-38

• Options
    Great to read all the updates!

I've been having a really busy period at work the last two weeks, and can't wait for the thanksgiving break. We're traveling to the west coast (so, a 5 hour flight...) next Saturday and I hope to actually stay away from work emails and phone calls... Really excited for the trip and the break and the extra time with the baby! 

This weekend we are meeting our probably nanny-share family to hammer out some details. They seem really nice so far. Our nanny is awesome but I can't wait for the bill to get reduced by some 35% once they join! (We pay a single child rate and will be paying half of a double child rate.)  This kiddo has been expensive. :) 

My Christmas isn't until January 7, but I'm pledging to do cards properly for Dec 25 and to get thoughtful instead of last minute gifts. I'll probably "let my fingers do the walking" and get things from Amazon.