2nd Trimester

Pets

KtjennksKtjennks member
edited November 2015 in 2nd Trimester
I'm 2 days away from being 25 weeks along and my cat who usually prefers to be left alone or get minimal attention is following me everywhere I go and loving on me 100 times more than usual. Any one else experiencing something similar? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pets

• animals tend to get like this around pregnant women. they can sense it & usually get pretty clingy. my cat does the same thing.
  • My dog is usually really independent and likes to play kind of rough (for a terrier). This last week she's been overly sentimental and just likes to cuddle. She no longer likes to play rough, she'll just whimper. She's perfectly normal around DH.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My cat never cuddled with me in the 7 years I had her. Until I got pregnant. Coincidence or not, I don't mind the cuddles.

cat fail animated GIF

• I have 4 cats, all which are more concerned about me than they typically are. During the first trimester my skiddish cat had to be right beside me while I was getting sick and started sleeping on my pillow. My little cat has always been my minion but for a bit was scared to sit on my lap-she now sits on my boobs. My boy has always been a sook and wants more cuddles from me now compared to DH. My oldest cat who I've had for 11 years and since she was 9 weeks old has gotten soooo protective. If the other cats even come near me when she's near me she chases them away. In the past week when she jumps up she head bumps my belly before head bumping my face like she always has. She doesn't like to sit on me but near me, now she's forcing her way on my lap.

My dads dog is a terrier so she's always excited to see everyone but she's actually fallen down stairs and run into things to be near me as quick as possible.

I'm enjoying the attention from them. Way better than the stupid humans and their stupid questions!
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • My pets have done the opposite! Both the cat and the dog want absolutely nothing to do with me now! Especially the dog. She wont even come near me now unless i actually command her. Shes the jelous type, and i wonder if she senses that my body is concentrating its energy on something else now.
  • I have 3 dogs and a cat. Right now I have the smallest one between my legs, the biggest one spooning me (well trying to), and the medium dog laying right at my feet. The cat is at the foot of the bed. This is how it is nightly for me. Most times I can't pee by myself.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• I'm pretty sure my dog is oblivious. She's smart about some things, but I'm fairly certain she's a doofus about pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dog only sleeps on my belly when I'm pregnant.
  • Ha- my dog has been up my butt. Today he got kicked by baby and jumped right up, looking at me like it was my fault. What a doofus!
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My puppy has become my shadow recently! We just figured it was because I've been working from home more often so she's been able to be near me more but now that I am reading this thread I am wondering if she realizes I am preg?

Currently she's laying on my feet. She used to sleep in the same room as me when I worked but never laid near or on me. I love it!!! 

I am worried for her once baby comes. She's 8 months now and will be be just over a year when baby arrives, so still very much a puppy. Right now, she's my main focus, I walk her twice a day, play with her during the day. I don't want her to feel left out when I can't devote as much time to her. 

Anyone been in this situation? 
  • My normally distant cat has become my shadow. He sleeps at my feet every night and gets up with me everytime I pee then comes running up to my head for cuddles until I fall back asleep. He's even started hissing at his brother if he comes near me. Now, his brother, a normally cuddly cat, has started sleeping on my side since I've had to become a side sleeper. His purring makes the baby move and kick like crazy everytime! In fact, the first time I felt any movement was because of his purring!
  • My cat hates people and now she will cuddle with me and is very friendly. My dog is playful when DH is around and wants nothing but cuddles when it's just me. Totally out of character for both of them but I'll take them while I can.
  • My two dogs, who were protective of me pre pregnancy anyway, are for MORE protective and watchful of me now. And have been so, since the start of my pregnancy. My oldest dog, who HATES snuggles, attention, etc., is now the biggest baby ever with me. :smiley: And my youngest dog was already that way, but far more sunggly than before! I don't mind it. And they seem to be really good with it all, too. They even lay on my legs some days, right up next to my tummy, and just chill out there. It's really cute, honestly.
  • Definitely! Our dog who is usually a sweetheart anyway is completely up my butt as long as I am home. She used to definitely prefer my hubby but now she just wants to be by me all the time! She spends less time playing outside and is more concerned about doing her business then getting back inside to me.

Our house rabbits haven't changed a bit though. My youngest boy is still following me around constantly and demanding attention and my other two are completely aloof and just see me as the food and treat lady. My one bunny came up and bit me on the bum the other day when I was throwing up. Bunnies are indifferent to our suffering lol