1st Trimester

Help, low hcg only gestational sac at 6 weeks

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has gone through this.... I am currently 6.5 weeks pregnant and there is only a gestational sac seen on the ultrasound. My hcg is 2300 it's rising but slowly. My doc said it may be a blighted ovum/ miscarriage... Is there any hope??? Any advice??

Re: Help, low hcg only gestational sac at 6 weeks

• tgortneytgortney member
    edited November 2015
    My first ultrasound, baby measured at 6w5d, mine had a strong HB of 130 bpm. Did you at least see a fetal pole? Usually it's normal to not hear a heartbeat but at least see one and a fetal pole with a yolk sac. I'm sorry you're going through this! Did your doc say to have a follow up US a few days later to see if there are changes? It could also mean you ovulated late and you're not as far a long as you think.

Good luck! Hoping the best for you!
  • No fetal pole, just a gestational sac. I have a repeat ultrasound on Monday.. If there's still nothing there the doc said its best to do a D&C on Tuesday...
  • Loading the player...
  • tgortneytgortney member
    edited November 2015
    I hope you get good news on Monday! Stay strong!
  • So sorry you are going through this.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • TW
    I had a blighted ovum measuring 6w. However I didn't find out until 10w and I naturally miscarried yesterday at 10w4d. It wasn't physically bad, but emotionally difficult. I would decide what is best for you and if that is a D&C then go for it.

I wish you the best either way and hope everything turns out fine and you don't have to go through this.

PM me if you have questions.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• It's fairly common for women to think they are a week or so further along at their first appointment than they actually are, especially when you don't really know when you ovulated. From my LMP, I was 7 weeks, but I was measuring 5 weeks. As my doctor said, the only way to really know is to come back for a repeat ultrasound the following week and check for growth. The next week I was measuring 6w3d, and we heard the heartbeat. I know the week wait is stressful, but try to relax and wait it out. The same thing happened to other people on my BMB. I'm now 13 weeks and measuring ahead of schedule. Good luck!
  • When i had a scan at 6w based on my LMP there was only a sac as well. 11 days later there was a healthy heartbeat and at 12 weeks i was measuring 9 days ahead. As a pp said, i have also noticed alot of ladies that post here go in thinking they are 6-7 weeks but find they are only 5. Hopefully it goes well at your followup!