March 2015 Moms
Options

Ears

My daughter is constantly putting her fingers in her ears. She was at the doctor today but they wouldn't check them unless I made a different appointment. Does anybody else's baby do this?

Re: Ears

• Options
    My daughter tugs on her ears all the time, it got so bad I thought she might have an ear infection. Her pediatrician said she didn't and that some babies just like to do that a lot. I don't like it though because she scratches them sometimes.
  • Options
    I know what you mean. My daughters ears always have scratches in them
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son has been doing this a lot lately too. Even when there is a loud noise, he will cup his ears and pull. I think they are sore from teething. I had our dr check his ears and they were fine. She said sometimes teething can make them sore.
  • Options
    Mine does it too. Just had him at the doc yesterday to check for ear infection but nothing. She said it's probably teething or comfort
  • Options
    chelsco13 said:

My daughter is constantly putting her fingers in her ears. She was at the doctor today but they wouldn't check them unless I made a different appointment. Does anybody else's baby do this?

They wouldn't check her ears? That's weird, isn't that part of her body? How rude! What was the reasoning behind this?
  • Options
    @KD32412 she was there to get a flu shot and blood work and I asked if they could check her ears really quick and she said no the upper level of the doctor office would have to because they were only doing vaccines in the lower part. I had to take off work today for this appointment and I don't want to take off again just to find out her ears are fine. I'm pretty sure they are because she started messing with her ears when the teeth started coming in but you can never be too careful, especially since she had an ear infection and I never knew until she had a check up because she didn't have any signs of it
  • Options
    Tugging/pulling ears is a sign of being tired, my son does it when hes tired.
  • Options
    @babydesi she does that when she tired but when she's not its one finger in her ear like she's getting the ear wax out