Pregnant after IF
Options

Earliest you stopped taking PIO?

HBamama2BHBamama2B member
edited November 2015 in Pregnant after IF
Hi all-graduated today to the regular OB. No more weekly us and bw for me. RE said to stop PIO next Wednesday, but I'll only be 8+5. What's the earliest you stopped? I'm a little concerned, it thought most women take it up to wks 10-12?

Re: Earliest you stopped taking PIO?

• Options
    Congrats on your graduation! Our RE planned to have me stop pio at 10w (we went to 12w due to bleeding issues).
    Did you ask why they are taking you off so early? Perhaps your numbers were really great without the progesterone and they just had you on it as an extra precaution.
  • Options
    My RE said PIO doesn't hurt those who don't need it and that's why the prescribe it. But for those that don't need it and pregnancies are progressing normally 8 weeks is fine to stop. I ended up using the rest of my vial into 9 weeks I think!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm such a weeny. I hate PIO but I'm scared to lose my training wheels!
  • Options
    I actually stopped at 7w2d. My RE stops everyone whose blood levels are fine and whose LO has a strong HB at 7 weeks. Best wishes to you!
  • Options
    My RE wanted to stop at 8 weeks. I asked if I could go to 12 weeks. He said that he thought I was crazy to want to, but that I could if I wanted.
  • Options
    I stopped at 10 weeks. I am planning to have a blood check done in couple week to see if my body is producing enough on its own. Let's see how it goes. All the best to u.
  • Options
    Thanks all. I stopped a week ago and am doing well (I think!). Glad to be off the PIO, but there was some comfort in the nightly ritual. Hoping everything is going well.