TTC After a Loss
Options

Share something happy!

Today is 9 weeks since we lost our baby. It has been an emotional roller coaster for me. I'm sure you can all relate. Today, I'm trying to be positive. So, I need your help!

Tell us all at least one good thing that has happened to you since your loss. It doesn't have to be pregnancy or baby related. Just something positive. Let's send each other some good vibes! :)

Re: Share something happy!

• Options
    For me it was growing closer to God and realizing he has placed this tragedy in my life to teach me.
    1) My job comes after my family...I planned everything so I would be due at the end of the school year or summer. Now I could care less when the due date is!
    2) I don't care if my baby is a boy.... i have 2 sisters and 2 step-sisters and a 3 yr old DD. I wanted soo badly for her to have those sisterly bonds that I really didn't want a boy. Childish, I know. Now I would give anything to have a healthy baby, no matter the gender.
    3) I am more open about sex...my husband and I aren't super sexual people but with all the sex we have been trying to talk more and make things not so monotonous.

I am sure I could go on, but the point is there is joy in this sorrow. I still have days where I am a blubbering mess....saying why me? But, I focus in all my blessings and the knowledge I am gaining. I also stay hopeful. It will happen for us eventually and everyday is a day that we can't get back, so find joy in the ordinary.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tonight is date night. After what has been one of the hardest weeks for us, ever, I'm looking forward to some relaxing quality time, and some good sushi.
  • Options
    I also recommend going on a trip. My husband and I went to NYC for labor day weekend a few weeks after our loss. 

@carrieandRoy that is so cool! I was born in Peru! My husband and I hiked the Inca Trail after I took the bar. It was fantastic!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    rslh10rslh10 member
    edited November 2015
    *Removed due to TOU violation*
  • Options
    Oh such good happies! It was fun reading all those! Thanks, ladies!

I guess it's my turn:

1. This is so silly and superficial, but...y'all! My boobs are bigger! They aren't a lot bigger. Only enough for DH and me to tell, but being pregnant did make them grow a little. They didn't go back down much after the mc. So now, I actually fill out an A cup. Haha! Small victories!

2. @mrsmommya I could have said a lot of the same things. I'm a teacher and DH is a high school band director. I was so worried about a spring due date, but now I don't care. This is actually better because in both of our jobs, the first 3 months of school are the hardest, most stressful. I almost feel single again during marching band season. Now, I will probably be out on maternity, and we won't be trying to juggle being new parents and marching season all at once. It really works out better when I think about it.

3. DH and his dad built us an amazing, beautiful new deck because DH needed a project to get his mind off baby stuff while we were benched. We get to enjoy it together this weekend.

4. I've taken more time to enjoy my family, especially my nieces and nephews, than I did before. I got so busy with life that I have neglected them lately. This happening made me realize how much I miss them and need them.

Overall, I think I have grown from this experience. Having this community of ladies to share with has been so helpful. I know that one day, I will be able to help someone else who is going through something similar in a way that I wouldn't have been able to before.
  • Options
    After my mc in April, my husband and I went on a cruise in June. It really helped, having something to look forward to.

I am looking forward to a camping trip later this month, staying at a ccc cabin at a Florida state park in December, and the kiddos at my teaching job this year are wonderful.
  • Options
    This is really great - we should do this weekly! I'm about to go to a concert with DH. We are taking advantage of our time without kids and bought these tickets spur of the moment!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    Kellyj103 said:

I also recommend going on a trip. My husband and I went to NYC for labor day weekend a few weeks after our loss. 

@carrieandRoy that is so cool! I was born in Peru! My husband and I hiked the Inca Trail after I took the bar. It was fantastic!
    I visited Machu Picchu for my 25th birthday while in law school! Peru was amazing! And I went to Costa Rica after I took the bar exam.

Traveling is such a great way bring people together and have a little escape from the day to day! After our most recent MC we booked a trip to New Orleans! It has been a welcome distraction.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's early, but I managed to do Christmas cards this year. It's the first time we will send any out in at least three years, so it's an accomplishment for my family.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I have learned to become much more patient. Things that would stress me out at work now seem so trivial. I think I have a different outlook on life and the day-to-day things.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Getting back into working out has made me happy. Especially after AF arrived this week after my 1st cycle TTCAL it has helped me to think of this as an opportunity to get serious about getting my body healthier so I can better support my next pregnancy when it comes.