February 2016 Moms
Options

Rh- rh+ And glucose

So I had a miscarriage last December and found out I was rh-. So got the shot and months later finally got pregnant with this baby. ( different docter then the first time) Told this one that I was rh- and they drew blood anyways to get tested. Came back rh+!!! So my docter gave me the shot anyways and said we would descide later if we needed to do it again at 26 weeks. I'm now 27 weeks and I forgot to bring it up at my last appointment. So I called today and talked to a nurse I don't feel like she understood what I was saying. I feel stressed would it be ok to call and have my docter tell me probably the same thing? I kinda wanna hear it from her mouth. I also failed my glucose test yesterday! I have had a really easy pregnancy till yesterday and I was sick last night and today. Anyone else had the rh problem? Why am I so sick

Re: Rh- rh+ And glucose

• Options
    I'm RH-. I had the shot at 28 weeks with my first born and then again when she was born. I had another one after my miscarriage earlier this year. The way my midwife explained the 28 week shot to me was that it is a just a precautionary shot at that point. Just in case I were to fall or have some sort of heavy hit to my body it would protect the potentially RH+ baby from me. However, she said I don't necessarily need the 28 weeks shot and would have to make sure that if I were to fall to get myself to the ER right away for the shot. So you don't have to panic if they forgot at your last appointment. Just ask for it next time. Unless you were to fall or get hit, you should be fine. As far as feeling sick? I don't know. Sorry about the glucose test. That sucks. But I think those things are unrelated to the RH issue
  • Options
    My doctor told me that sometimes the blood tests can be wrong so that would explain why you have gotten different results.  My doctor's office administers the shot at 28 weeks so don't worry too much at this point. I have read that some countries do not administer the shot at all during pregnancy and wait until baby is tested after birth before giving the shot.  Stress can make you sick by the way. Try to relax! Sorry about failing your glucose test.

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    slang434slang434 member
    edited November 2015
    I am RH- and will be getting the shot at 28 weeks. I have also failed my glucose test (so badly I didn't even get a chance to do the three hour one) I am now insulin dependent and on a restricted diet. But this is all for the health of you and your baby. Don't stress your doctor will help you sort this out at your next appointment.
  • Options

maybe you should request an additional blood draw, to be positive about what blood type you have.  if you and your husband are both rh+, you don't have to worry about this at all!