TTC After a Loss
Options

Blood Tests & First Response Ovulation Test

First, I'm sorry if this is a lame question. I am not used to tracking my ovulation so I am an amateur and I know there are a lot of you on this board that know your body very well, so thank you for your patients with my ignorance. 

My OB wants me to come in for a blood test 8 days after ovulation. I bought the First Response Ovulation Test kit and it says that I will ovulate 24 to 36 hours after the test shows the LH surge. If there is a 24-36 hour window, how will i know it is 8 days after? Should I just go in for my blood test 8 days after the LH surge? Has anyone used the First Response Ovulation Test kit or needed to come in to test progesterone that could help me? I just don't want to miss my day to get an accurate reading. Thank you in advance! 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Blood Tests & First Response Ovulation Test

• Options
    I'm going to get my progesterone tested this month.  The nurse told me to go in a week after the surge, but I also temp, so I'll know exactly what day I ovulate.  You can try temping if you want to confirm the ovulation.  Fertility Friend is a great website for learning about that and charting the temps.

If you decide to continue using opks, I recommend Clearblue Advanced Digital. You don't have to judge the darkness of lines, it just tells you your high and peak fertile days.  I had trouble with the First Response tests.

Feel free to ask questions!  It's not lame at all. 
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    Thank you for the advice @carrieandRoy . I will definitely look into the Fertility Friend website. 

I was curious about the Clearblue tests since I have noticed that they are discussed more on the Bump. I think I will got pick those up too, so I don't have to be guessing. 

Thanks again! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good question! Thanks for asking it!
  • Options
    I got a solid smiley face yesterday and a temp spike yesterday and today. I think that means I got the ClearBlue tests just in time! (The first response tests were still giving me readings that were hard to determine) and probably O'ed yesterday...I think... So I will come in for my blood test based on that solid smiley. Thanks again @CarrieandRoy and @kmmharrison
    Pregnancy Ticker