August 2015 Moms

Pumping at work: manual or electric

Hi! I have an electric pump I use at home. I picked up a manual one to bring back and forth to work. Two questions:

1. Has anyone used a manual pump yet and is it easy/efficient?

2. Would you just bring the electric back and forth instead? Or bring the electric to work, leave the manual at home?

Thanks!

Re: Pumping at work: manual or electric

• I had a manual and electric when I first went back to work.
    I would haul the electric everywhere, and used the manual for car rides.

I tried the manual at work, but it wasn't quick enough for my time frame.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I had a manual and electric when I first went back to work.
    I would haul the electric everywhere, and used the manual for car rides.

I tried the manual at work, but it wasn't quick enough for my time frame.

That is what I am thinking..... It won't be fast enough.

• Loading the player...
  • I think the best thing you can do is try both several time, and see what gives the best output and takes the best amount of time.

also, if you are interested and can afford it, Ebay has used pumps. The one I got was just the motor, and I leave that one at home while having my new one at work/on the road with me. I then only have to take flanges and bottles to work.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I use my electric at work. I put on my hands free bra and hook myself up and keep right on working or browsing on my phone : )

If you dont already have a hands free bra, get one now! you wont regret it. Makes things SOOOO much easier. I recommend the lansinoh one as opposed to medella. Its wayyyy better quality and its the same price. Best thing I've purchased in a long time. I also use this so I can pump and get myself ready for work in the morning, saves precious time!

• I'm carrying my electric back and forth every day. I have a hands free bra that I use at work and I'm 100% sure that I would have given up pumping by now if I didn't have it. It's hard enough to stop work to setup and clean up three times a day. I honestly can't even imagine using a manual at work.

I do have a manual but it's mostly for emergencies (powers out, etc). I could probably get away with leaving the electric at work since I almost never pump at home, but I feel better having it just in case.
  • I take my electric back and forth to work everyday. I always wish I had a manual in my car or desk or somewhere convenient for when I forget a piece of my pump though.