Pregnant after a Loss

Pregnant after 23 week loss of twins

I am new to the board. I lost my mo-di twin girls 3/22/15 after being diagnosed with Twin To Twin Transfusion that progressed so rapidly that I went into labor. Our first daughter was born alive and we watched her breathe her first and last breath. Our second daughter was stillborn. This absolutely broke me beyond anything I could have imagined. I have a 13 year old son who is my pride and joy and finally my husband was on board for more children, we were all so excited and ready to shower those babies with the overflowing love in our hearts. It has been over 7 long/short months since we had to say goodbye before we even finished saying hello to our girls and I am now pregnant, found out this weekend. My last period before I conceived my girls was 10/9 and my last period for this pregnancy was 10/8 so my Edd is within a couple days of my last pregnancy. I am so hopeful that I will see my son be a big brother in this life but so scared because I am not feeling as connected or enthusiastic with this pregnancy. I want to enjoy every minute and focus on the blessing that today I am pregnant, it is just a bit harder than I hoped. Anything words of wisdom greatly appreciated. So sorry for the novel.

Re: Pregnant after 23 week loss of twins

• I'm so very sorry for your losses.  I can't begin to imagine what you have felt, and what you are feeling now.   All I can say is that there are many women on here who have experienced similar trauma, and know where you're coming from.  Feel whatever it is you feel- it's very difficult to be excited and carefree, and none of us on this board will expect you to be. 
    Welcome, and I wish you every happiness with this new pregnancy, truly.
    1st Pregnancy: EDD 12/31/15; Diagnosed Turner's with terminal cystic hygroma 13wks; induced at 14wks, +3 d+c's.
    2nd Pregnancy: BFP 10/8/15; EDD 6/21/16

• Very sorry to hear of the loss of your babies. As you journey through this pregnancy, I think any and all emotions will be "normal." Fear, joy, rekindled loss of those you loved, excitement, worry. Just take it one day at a time, as you have said.

Good luck to you in your new journey and in your healing process.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Thinking of you!
  • Thank you so much!! I am trying to relax and enjoy every moment of this pregnancy! A bit anxious for my 6 week scan on 11/20 but trying to just focus on today.