November 2015 Moms
Options

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• Options

Today I'm having crazy Braxton Hicks (non painful). Every time I change positions, get up, bend over or go to the bathroom I get one. Anyone else in the same boat? I've never had them so frequently before!

Yes, I'm 38 + 5 and today is the first day I've had them more frequently during the day and not just a few at night as I had previous nights. Had my Drs appt today and he checked me, said nothing was going on in there! DH thinks if I have one BH contraction the baby is coming... Poor guy! He's going to have a long week (and probably more)

I had to stop telling DH when I was having contractions until they became measurable because he was so excited. Then super disappointed when it didn't go anywhere
  • Options
    rachswi said:

Today I'm having crazy Braxton Hicks (non painful). Every time I change positions, get up, bend over or go to the bathroom I get one. Anyone else in the same boat? I've never had them so frequently before!

Yes, I'm 38 + 5 and today is the first day I've had them more frequently during the day and not just a few at night as I had previous nights. Had my Drs appt today and he checked me, said nothing was going on in there! DH thinks if I have one BH contraction the baby is coming... Poor guy! He's going to have a long week (and probably more)

I had to stop telling DH when I was having contractions until they became measurable because he was so excited. Then super disappointed when it didn't go anywhere
    Now I understand why... Will have to try to do that! It's hard when I'm in the house all day and have no one to talk to lol!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rachswi said:

Omg I just said to my friend if I hear the phrase "anymore contractions?" From DH one more time..... I'm going to snap! Haha
  • Options

rachswi said:

Omg I just said to my friend if I hear the phrase "anymore contractions?" From DH one more time..... I'm going to snap! Haha
    DH would ask if labor started randomly throughout every day. And start each morning with, "he's still in there, huh?"
  • Options
    I've had very painful contractions, about 10 mins apart for the last 30 HOURS. Hospital sent me home yesterday morning with an ambien, at only 1cm/80%. was able to "sleep" for only four hours, waking for every contraction.

I had a midwife appointment 6 hours later and had only made it to 2cm/80%.

Called midwifes several hours later after 24 hours of this. They told me the hospital was full and just to take Tylenol pm. I said I was exhausted, these contractions are no joke. She insisted I just take the Tylenol pm because I'm 39.1 weeks and if I'm not dilated passed 3cm they "Won't do anything and will just send me home again."

Took two Tylenol PMs. Five hours later and nothing. No relief. Was groggy through continued contractions. Still having very painful contractions varying from 15 to 6 mins apart. I'm so tired. My body is shaking every time I contract. I see no sleep in sight tonight (it's 11:17pm.). I can't tell if the contractions are getting stronger or if my body is just getting weaker.

I don't understand how long this is supposed to go on. They aren't getting much closer together and I don't want to go in again, especially with this midwife on call, who is clearly too busy for me.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice?

• Options

I just had this week's appt (39+3) and the midwife asked how I was doing, and then if I wanted a membrane strip. Bless her heart, my misery must have been written all over my face. If she hadn't asked, I would have brought it up.

I'm still 1 cm and -1 station, but 50% effaced (up from 25% last week). The sweep was uncomfortable, but having my cervix checked at 25w hurt a lot more. The not great news is that baby is sunny side up, which I thought might be the case based on the lower back pain and pressure I had the last few weeks.

Now.. we wait. Midwife said it could go either way and won't work if my body isnt ready (which I knew going in). I'm having contractions now, but we'll see if they amount to anything! Fingers crossed that they do!

Lololololz. I had contractions all afternoon, ended up at L&D around ten, and delivered at 11:58 pm (NO epidural, not at in my plan, but baby's heartbeat dropped too low and we had to get him OUT, and I progressed too fast for an epidural). Needless to say, I'm in a bit of shock. Baby was sunny side up, back labor is less than optimal when epidural is off the table. Birth announcement will be up later, it's time to transfer to our next room!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    To the moms afraid of pooping while giving birth... It happened. And I knew it was happening but at that point in time you're too past caring what comes out of your body and the nurses are amazing at not saying anything and just cleaning you up. I had my fiancé and mom in there with me while I was pushing and at first it was embarrassing but it had to happen in order to push little bub out.
  • Options

I've had very painful contractions, about 10 mins apart for the last 30 HOURS. Hospital sent me home yesterday morning with an ambien, at only 1cm/80%. was able to "sleep" for only four hours, waking for every contraction.

I had a midwife appointment 6 hours later and had only made it to 2cm/80%.

Called midwifes several hours later after 24 hours of this. They told me the hospital was full and just to take Tylenol pm. I said I was exhausted, these contractions are no joke. She insisted I just take the Tylenol pm because I'm 39.1 weeks and if I'm not dilated passed 3cm they "Won't do anything and will just send me home again."

Took two Tylenol PMs. Five hours later and nothing. No relief. Was groggy through continued contractions. Still having very painful contractions varying from 15 to 6 mins apart. I'm so tired. My body is shaking every time I contract. I see no sleep in sight tonight (it's 11:17pm.). I can't tell if the contractions are getting stronger or if my body is just getting weaker.

I don't understand how long this is supposed to go on. They aren't getting much closer together and I don't want to go in again, especially with this midwife on call, who is clearly too busy for me.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice?

I had 36 hours of pure back labor before I was admitted and given an epidural. It's not fun at all. It got to the point where every contraction would bring me to tears because it hurt and I was tired and I didn't want to go on. When it got to the point of "I give up," DH called the late night number for my dr and told them that I was at the point of giving up and they said I should come back in and be checked again. Thankfully, I had progressed enough that I could be admitted and was given an epidural.

All that to say - if you're at the point of giving up, go back to the hospital. If you think you can hold out a bit longer, then try to wait it out.
  • Options
    I am 39 weeks, 4 days and have been having contractions that are 8 to 10 minutes apart for the past 2 days. They seem to get more regular at night. During the day today, they were more erratic and a little less intense. Now it is 5 am and they have been coming every 8 to 10 minutes since 3 am. I am so frustrated and ready to have this baby. I have tried walking, sitting on the exercise ball, baths, spicy food, etc. I may go see the doctor tomorrow just in case they can help. What is the likelihood that they'll give me something to help move this along? I feel like I'm in labor pergatory!
  • Options
    40+4 and seriously feel like I'm losing my MIND!!!!! NST and ultrasound tomorrow to check on my little love. Having some contractions that aren't progressing to anything. :(
  • Options
    Today is suppose to be my inducement day but I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting to hear if I'm enough of a priority :(

I got up way to earlier today but they were suppose to call by 730am and I was suppose to be prepared to leave right then

Oh well...I guess I'm going back to bed

• Options

Had an appointment today, 39+2, and midwife did my first membrane sweep(ouch!) and went ahead and scheduled an induction for next Wednesday. I was 80% effaced and just shy of 3cms today so hopefully LO will decide to come before Tuesday night when I'll be admitted to L&D.
    Was anyone's sweep successful in jump starting labor?

Had a sweep at 38+6 when I was 2cm and 50%. It resulted in lots of cramping and loss of MP the next day but still pregnant at 39+6 with no encouraging signs of labor starting soon. Will most likely have another sweep tomorrow on my EDD. Hope you have better luck!
  • Options

rachswi said:

My DS (age 10) and DD (age 9) keep asking too. I love them but it's only making me more stressed!
  • Options

I am 39 weeks, 4 days and have been having contractions that are 8 to 10 minutes apart for the past 2 days. They seem to get more regular at night. During the day today, they were more erratic and a little less intense. Now it is 5 am and they have been coming every 8 to 10 minutes since 3 am. I am so frustrated and ready to have this baby. I have tried walking, sitting on the exercise ball, baths, spicy food, etc. I may go see the doctor tomorrow just in case they can help. What is the likelihood that they'll give me something to help move this along? I feel like I'm in labor pergatory!

Oh that sucks! Maybe they will offer a sweep to help move things along. Good luck!
  • Options
    Had 3 people tell me that they had feelings I was going to go into labor last night. One even had a dream about it. And here I sit 40+5. :neutral:
    I did have some stronger contractions last night though for a few hours but fizzled obviously... Sigh
  • Options

Had 3 people tell me that they had feelings I was going to go into labor last night. One even had a dream about it. And here I sit 40+5. :neutral:
    I did have some stronger contractions last night though for a few hours but fizzled obviously... Sigh

Hah, people have been telling me that for the last two weeks.
  • Options

People have been telling me that for a month. They figure since I was early with my first, I'd be early with this one too but nope. Progesterone injections really do work... too good. However last night I had a dream that my water broke and there were waterfalls and pipes bursting in my basement causing a flood. Hahaha! Could it be a sign?
  • Options
    blesofsky said:

Had an appointment today, 39+2, and midwife did my first membrane sweep(ouch!) and went ahead and scheduled an induction for next Wednesday. I was 80% effaced and just shy of 3cms today so hopefully LO will decide to come before Tuesday night when I'll be admitted to L&D.
    Was anyone's sweep successful in jump starting labor?

Had a sweep at 38+6 when I was 2cm and 50%. It resulted in lots of cramping and loss of MP the next day but still pregnant at 39+6 with no encouraging signs of labor starting soon. Will most likely have another sweep tomorrow on my EDD. Hope you have better luck!
    Well I definitely have had non stop cramping, mostly in my back, and just woke up to the lovely sight of my MP in my panty liner. So I'm with you there but hopefully it'll start things for me. Good luck to you as well!
  • Options

40+4 and seriously feel like I'm losing my MIND!!!!! NST and ultrasound tomorrow to check on my little love. Having some contractions that aren't progressing to anything. :(

I'm 40+1 today and same here with the contractions. Figured since this is my third something would be happening by now. Just waiting impatiently over here!! We r totally ready for this little one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrsgabus said:

Today is suppose to be my inducement day but I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting to hear if I'm enough of a priority :(

I got up way to earlier today but they were suppose to call by 730am and I was suppose to be prepared to leave right then

That sucks! How far along are you?

I just got a call from the scheduler that Monday when they were trying to schedule me for is not looking good. It's frustrating but I would 41+2 then and don't think I will take priority till the end of the week.
  • Options
    Gahhh get this baby out of me.
    No signs of labor right now. Crampy and uncomfortable and so far over it. :'(
    Lol
  • Options
    I just saw the doctor and am 3 cm dilate 100% effaced. I'm going to try and rest now. Hopefully, I will go to the hospital tonight. The doctor offered to induce me , but I'm trying to hold off on that . It's nice to know that I have options open, though. :)
  • Options
    Any mama's feeling extremely tired & sick? 38.3 weeks right now and I've thrown up twice this week. I don't remember getting sick towards the end with my first. Yesterday I felt great and got a lot done and then this morning before I was even out of bed, I had to run to the bathroom to get sick. Now I just feel sick, extremely tired, mild contractions, and I just sort of feel "off" today.

Last Wednesday I was 3 cm & told to stop taking Procardia for our preterm labor issues. I'm anxious for our appointment tomorrow. We've been having contractions since 32 weeks and my ribs are bruised from the uterus constantly contracting against them. Lost MP & had a bloody show Monday/Tuesday. I know it's just a matter of time haha but I'm so beyond ready to have this baby in my arms!
  • Options
    Having a membrane sweep on Tuesday at 40+5 if nothing happens before that... My husband is very anxious and is wondering if he should take the day off work to come with me and be home just in case. My doctor says it's pretty much a 50/50 chance of starting labor, but I can't decide if I should have him stay home or not. Part of me thinks it will be helpful and part of me thinks it could just stress me out having him there if nothing happens! Advice?
  • Options

Having a membrane sweep on Tuesday at 40+5 if nothing happens before that... My husband is very anxious and is wondering if he should take the day off work to come with me and be home just in case. My doctor says it's pretty much a 50/50 chance of starting labor, but I can't decide if I should have him stay home or not. Part of me thinks it will be helpful and part of me thinks it could just stress me out having him there if nothing happens! Advice?

Would it be easy for him to leave work if needed? If he has a job fairly close to home that he could leave at short notice I'd send him to work.
    If the sweep is unsuccessful you'll likely be disappointed, and knowing he took a day off might make you feel worse.
  • Options
    I'd send my hubby to work if it were me. He could get back home in 20 minutes and we're only 5 minutes away from the hospital so it depends on the situation.
  • Options

Would it be easy for him to leave work if needed? If he has a job fairly close to home that he could leave at short notice I'd send him to work.
    If the sweep is unsuccessful you'll likely be disappointed, and knowing he took a day off might make you feel worse.
    His job is very understanding and pretty much already waiting for the phone call. But he is about 30 minutes from home and we are another 20 from the hospital. I am such a planner....this inability to do that is really making me crazy
  • Options
    I have a really physically demanding job and im about to lose my mind. I just want to go into labor so i can be done. Im so exhausted.
  • Options
    Due tomorrow. Still no sings labor is near. And the stress of fetal movement is really taking its toll on me.
  • Options

I'm 40+4 and had 2 membrane sweeps that did nothing... However every persons body is different! I sure hope it works for you. If I were you I'd send my husband to work just because it would stress me out waiting all day hah
  • Options
    40+1, baby seems pretty comfortable, despite trying most every old wives tale I can think of. The most annoying thing is I get a random strong contraction once in a while, maybe once or twice an hour, and then nothing. Baby is still super active. At least DH has stopped getting excited every time I get a contraction. Hopefully not too much longer, I started my leave from work today, and I feel like I'm going to go stir crazy!
  • Options
    40 weeks today!.....annnnd nada. Finally just got an exercise ball. Makes me feel like I'm doing something progressive.
  • Options

Due tomorrow. Still no sings labor is near. And the stress of fetal movement is really taking its toll on me.

This! After a wonderful nap this afternoon I got worried about no movements. So I poked LO all over the place until he finally started moving again. I swear he has set up camp in there and has no plans of coming out anytime soon. :(
  • Options
    I'm so jealous of everyone having their babies but I know that all I can do is wait until my lo is ready to make his appearance... I don't know how I'm going to stay sane until then
  • Options

mrsgabus said:

That sucks! How far along are you?

I just got a call from the scheduler that Monday when they were trying to schedule me for is not looking good. It's frustrating but I would 41+2 then and don't think I will take priority till the end of the week.
    Just over 40 weeks, anna has some possible issues as do I so we agreed it's time .

I had a nst yesterday afternoon and then continued to wait to be called in . Called again this morning and now waiting some more.

• Options
    Almost 39 weeks (tomorrow), nothing going on and getting a lot of comfort from all the posts from you ladies. Great job to all of you; those who have had their babies and those who are waiting to- you are all awesome! And good luck to all of my end-of-November mamas! I will be thinking about all of you over the next week and checking in to read every day. Happy Friday!