March 2015 Moms
Options

Needing to vent

Me and my husband both work full time anywhere from 40-45 hours a week. We try to spend as much time as we can together as a family and try to find time for ourselves. He sometimes hangs out with his friends and has them to talk to, me on the other hand I have no friends at all so the only person I have to talk to is my husband. I don't mind talking to him and doing stuff with him but sometimes I need another girl to hang out with and talk to. I've tried becoming friends with the girls my husbands friends date and that just ends in a disaster. It's very hard to find and actual friend who doesn't want to party and do stuff that I don't do and that understands the mommy/wife life.

Re: Needing to vent

• Options
    Omg I know exactly what you mean. I am in the same place right now. No mommy friends and it's hard meeting new people. There are mommy groups out there you can join, I applied for one but haven't heard anything back..but the fact I had to apply to be in it kinda surprised me. There was a questionarre I had to fill out haha. I didn't have a lot of friends before baby either, but I worked all the time and any free time I spent with hubby. It's such a huge change, I'm just hoping it gets easier with time.
  • Options
    ME too! Hugs to you mamas. 

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im so glad I'm not alone on this! This is the only place I have to talk to other mommies
  • Options
    Have you checked into your local library to see if they have a Story Hour? That might be a good place to meet other mommies. A local park? I know your LOs can't play on a playground yet, but if you walked with your LO in a stroller, you might see other mommies you could talk to.

Application for a mommy group? That sounds scary. Can you be rejected? 

So glad we all have each other!
  • Options
    @richdog I don't know! I haven't heard anything and I filled it out 2 weeks ago haha!
  • Options
    Same here. I'm a sahm right now and all my friends were work friends so o don't see them any more now. It gets kinda lonely . I'm trying to go to story hour at the library but I'm shy and haven't really met anyone yet. If your bfing or pumping leleche league groups can be helpful to meet moms. We have a big local one that meets once a month and are really nice when I've been able to go. Good luck with the mom group I hope they get back to you soon!
  • Options
    @richdog I work all day and it's 6 by the time I get home and Saturday is the only day I'm available for anything but that's also our family day
  • Options
    @chelsco13 I don't know how big your town is, but surely there are other working mothers near by. I don't know how you might go about it, but what about a mommy lunch club? You could meet with other mommies during your lunch hour. Maybe send out some emails or talk to some people at work. Do you have a community center or something near by? I wish I could help! We all need our own people to talk to. Husbands and kids are wonderful, but sometimes you just need another woman to talk to. Let me keep thinking...
  • Options
    @richdog I will ask around and see what I can find out.