September 2015 Moms
Options

Similac Alimentum

Does anyone have any experience with Alimentum. I just switched my baby over. He has acid reflux. He usually burps really well after feedings, but on this formula he will not burp. The past couple bottles I gave he cried the whole time I gave it to him. I can't tell if he just hates the taste or if it's making him feel worse.

Re: Similac Alimentum

• Options
    It takes about 2 weeks for the baby to adjust to a new formula. My DD1 did well with Alimentum after trying 4 others that didn't sit well. She was gassy and had spit up until she adjusted. Since that one is so expensive, my Pedi wrote a note about my daughter's reflux and we submitted to the insurance company along with all receipts. There was a $600 deductible and insurance covered the rest for the year!!!Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I've heard you can get reimbursed from insurance for that formula. 2 friends did very well on it. Best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure why you would go with this formula since it's meant for babies with cow protein allergies. Was your LO diagnosed with one? Have you tried a formula that is partially broken down so it's easier on your LOs belly?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO has acid reflux and a milk allergy but before we realized he had a milk allergy our pediatrician put him on Total Comfort by Similac and it's broken down proteins that are easier to digest and its gentle on their tummy. He didn't do well with this formula only because of the milk allergy so now he is on Alimentum. I would try the Total Comfort and see if that formula works better for your LO
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I tried the Alimentum because I have a friend that said her twins did great with it. They also had acid reflux and no protein allergy. I read reviews for the formula and lots of people said it worked for acid reflux. I think I'm going to try the total comfort. He just won't eat this. I wouldn't either. It smells horrible, and tastes horrible too.