TTC after 35
Options

Can you ovulate while on Provera?

Hey all,

My RE had me on provera because nothing was happening and I wanted to get things going so I could move on to the medicated cycle. I just finished the last pill last night (10 days in total). The crazy thing is that the provera didn't really make my temps jump up that much (not like other progesterone pills I've taken in the past, such as prometrium). But suddenly I've had high temps yesterday and today. It's starting to look like I might have O'd on Saturday but is that even possible? I'm pretty sure that taking progesterone prevents you from ovulating, but I've read some mixed things about provera online so I'm stumped. :-?

I've emailed my RE but I'm pretty sure he'll just think I'm a nut because he doesn't believe in temping (and I didn't take OPKs during the time I was taking the provera because I'd given up on this cycle). The thing is, stopping the provera brings on AF so if I did miraculously manage to O, then the egg will just be washed away. :-S  I don't know if there's anything I should do or if I'm reading too much into this...

Oh, and this is how I spend my birthday morning...stressing over my chart!

[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/59a9ac/]My Ovulation Chart[/url

ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
EDD: 8/10/16 
8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1

Re: Can you ovulate while on Provera?

• Options
    No answers or insights, but happy birthday!
  • Options
    I'm glad you emailed him - that's a good question! I don't have any experience, but just wanted to send a note to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you and DH will celebrate and relax tonight! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no idea but happy birthday! I imagine you have not ovulated if i had to make an educated guess, but thats all it is is a guess. Sorry! I hope you find the answer.
  • Options
    Oooh! Fx @jilligan14 ! Keep us updated!
  • Options
    @jilligan14 I'm glad you got an answer that is good to know! FX FX FX!!
  • Options
    Keep us posted, @jilligan14! Exciting!! :) 
  • Options
    Blah, I jumped the gun too soon! AF showed up this morning! :((

I have no idea why my temps decided to spike after I finished the Provera (temp was still up this morning) but it's clear that I didn't O this cycle.

Oh well. Now that AF is here, I'm ready to move on to my first medicated cycle. I go in for baseline ultrasound this Friday and if it all looks good, I start the letrozole. I'm anxious to see how my body responds to the meds.

Thanks all for the support!
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    Dang it. But I'm glad you've got a plan. Here's hoping those meds are just the ticket!
  • Options
    I’m currently on provera and got a positive LH tonight I’m scared to have sex because I’m scared it will start my period and cause complications. Did your doctor tell you to stop taking it when this happened