Trouble TTC
Options

New Here (loss mentioned)

edited October 2015 in Trouble TTC
Hi all! This is my first time posting after silently stalking these boards for awhile! I was hesitant to share my story/ask for help and support, but I think I'm ready.

I am 27, soon to be 28 in February, and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 4.5 years. We decided last summer we were ready to start ttc so I stopped taking BCPs. I thought it might take awhile to get myself normalized so I gave myself a little extra time before we were truly ready. I had been on BCPs for almost 10 years and had forgotten that when I was in high school had dealt with amenorrhea prior to starting BCPs. So I wait the 3+ months they tell you it can take to get a regular cycle and then I start to worry. I'm a labor and delivery RN (it definitely doesn't help being surrounded by pregnancy ALL THE TIME!) so I talked to Dr C and she told me to make an appointment, of course they're very busy so I went ahead and made an appointment with my nurse practitioner just to get things going. She tested my thyroid and gave me provera...which gave me a withdrawal bleed. About a month later I saw Dr C, told her my history, she did a pap, gave me instructions and sent me on my way with more provera. After no luck of anything starting on its own, she gave me clomid 50mg. I had no luck the first month so I called and she said to keep taking it, which I wasn't sure about. Took the 50mg for a total of 3 months then called her again and she increased it to 100mg. At this point I had already decided I wanted to switch to another OBGYN, always trusted this guy but didn't want a man. After 2 months of 100mg, I got my BFP and we were ecstatic! I cancelled my appointment with Dr Y and made my first prenatal with him. Unfortunately we found out that our sweet baby had stopped growing at 7w4d and we were devastated. I opted for a d&c and had that done about 4 days later. At my follow up we discussed my history, he ordered labs and told us to wait until January before actively ttc again and would start me on clomid at that point if needed. Hoping my AF comes back on its own this time!

I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with anything similar? I trust my new OB, Dr Y 100% but some of my coworkers think I need to go to a RE. I'm wondering if it makes a difference that I did have a BFP?

Thanks for listening!

Re: New Here (loss mentioned)

• Options
    Welcome - did you mean to post more? Your headline mentions a loss?
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    Yes! Somehow half of my post didn't get posted!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, welcome again. I'm so sorry for your loss. I think the general consensus is it's always better to go with an RE if your finances allow. All those month you were on clomid were you monitored at all?

I have a different story from you but I'm benched from trying right now after my losses as well and I know how frustrating that is. FX you get a Sticky BFP soon.
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    @ceclarlinetlo Thank you so much. When I took clomid my first OBGYN did not do any monitoring, never did blood work or an U/S or anything. Thought it was strange but it was a little awkward for me since I work with her.

I thought about asking my new OBGYN if he would recommend I go see a RE...our finances do allow for that. I guess I'm just a little worried...you never picture it being difficult for you when you're ready to start a family and I guess taking that step just makes me nervous for some reason! Am I crazy?!
  • Options
    You are definitely not crazy. The first time I called my RE office I was so nervous I mispronounced my own name lol.
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Options
    Glad I'm not the only one! @ceclarlinetlo
  • Options
    @ErinJoshua2011 Yes, you are not alone! It's crazy how big of a "step" it seems an RE is, but it is really a fantastic and productive step in reaching your family goals!! I encourage you to make that RE call!!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"