July 2015 Moms

Infant tylenol

Goodmorning! Im a ftm and wanted to know if its okay to give my 16 week old tylenol sold over the counter?

Re: Infant tylenol

• I'd call the doctor just to be sure but yes I've done it as long as it's the infant Tylenol

BabyFetus Ticker 
    Little dude will be here before we know it!

• I use the Little Remedies version because it's free of dyes and artificial flavor a
  • Loading the player...
  • Where did you buy it?
  • Our doctor told us we could give DS infant Tylenol after his 2 month old shots. She said to give him 2.5 ml, and I believe the dosage instructions on the box was 5 ml for an older baby
  • Tylenol has a dye free too if you're worried about that. Make sure you get dosage amounts from your pediatrician, they don't list if on the box any more.
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    edited October 2015

Where did you buy it?

Babies R us or CVS. a lot of stores carry it . Walmart might have it too. I hope this helps! Good luck! :)
  • It's dosed by weight but usually it's 1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml). Our pediatrician said we could go up to a full teaspoon if need when he was around 12 lbs. we have charts at work (I'm an ER nurse) on weight, but I'm sure you could find them online. Or just don't give more than 1/2 tsp until you can get ahold of the doctor.
  • randa923 said:

It's dosed by weight but usually it's 1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml). Our pediatrician said we could go up to a full teaspoon if need when he was around 12 lbs. we have charts at work (I'm an ER nurse) on weight, but I'm sure you could find them online. Or just don't give more than 1/2 tsp until you can get ahold of the doctor.

I have the syringe infant Tylenol which has 3 options 1.25ml , 2.5ml and 5ml.

My lo just had his 4 months shots... No fever but he is very fussy and crying( I think he's in pain)

When I called the ped office the nurse said I need to get the infant Tylenol drops..., not the syringe. To give him 0.4ml

Do they still sell the drops over the counter? Or
    Can I still use the syringe? What dosage?

He weights 15pounds

• n3na94n3na94 member
    edited November 2015
    @Youngwithra My son weighs 16lbs and I gave him Little remedies acetaminophen (which is like Tylenol) and gave him 2.5ml. I didn't know they had drops for it though. Definitely will look into it for next time. After his shots my son also cried and was a little fussy but no fever thank God. After a day or two he was back to his normal self! I hope your little one feels better and recovers quickly!! Good luck! :smile:
  • Was at the Dr today for 4 mo check up. He weighs 14 lbs and Dr said he could have 3.75 ml of the Tylenol oral suspension
  • I get a chart of how much I can give my little man based on weight at each app, he is just over 12lbs and can have 2.5 mls. We are sick here so I tried the Tylenol before bed last night to see if it would help him sleep through his little cough and it helped. He doesn't seem to be sick but his shots have him fussy and he has a cough he does that scares himself awake the last couple of days. He had a really good sleep last night with the help of the Tylenol and I only gave 2mls cause I'm uncomfortable giving it but don't want him uncomfortable from his shots :(
  • @Youngwithra at 15 lbs your baby can have 2.5 ml. There is no need to get drops. This is coming from my pediatrician, they tylenol dosage sheet based on weight from his office, plus the dosage sheet based on weight from the ER I work in (I'm a nurse and we give tylenol and motrin based on weight several times a day-you wouldn't believe how many people bring their kid to the ER for a fever they didn't try to treat at home).
  • randa923 said:

@Youngwithra at 15 lbs your baby can have 2.5 ml. There is no need to get drops. This is coming from my pediatrician, they tylenol dosage sheet based on weight from his office, plus the dosage sheet based on weight from the ER I work in (I'm a nurse and we give tylenol and motrin based on weight several times a day-you wouldn't believe how many people bring their kid to the ER for a fever they didn't try to treat at home).

2.5ml correct? Sorry I just want to make sure lol
  • Yes it seems like its way too much but its not lol