1st Trimester
Options

Omg just found out we are having TWINS

Hey guys, I'm in shock just found out we are having twins, ( we are 8 weeks X 4 days ) never in a million years would I think this would happen to me. However twins run on my mom , and dads side so I don't know why I'm so surprised.

Anyway I am terrified of " vanishing twin syndrome, has anyone experienced this phenomenon? Or know how common it is , or when I can get excited about the thought of twins !!
I'm so worried about being "high risk" now ...

Re: Omg just found out we are having TWINS

• Options
    As far as I know the "vanishing twin" isn't common especially after 8 weeks :) I don't think you would be considered "high risk" with twins either unless other factors are involved. I could be totally wrong though. Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am a twin :)

But yes, you are considered high risk with multiples- but I think (in normal pregnancies) that term sounds scarier than it really is.
  • Options
    Well there ya go! I'm wrong about the high risk part! Try not to worry too much! Lots of people in my family have had twins and have had a healthy pregnancy! Good luck!!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, saw baby "a"s heartbeat was 160 and baby "b" was 150. I need to stay off google and all the talk of this vanishing twin thing b/c it's got me freaked out!!
  • Options
    Twins are considered high risk as others have said. I think vanishing twins are extremely rare
  • Options
    Your pregnancy will be high risk and the worst part is that they don't have a lot of data on twins pregnancies. So when they check certain things, it may be "abnormal" for a singleton pregnancy but there is no study for multiples. So be prepared for a lot of extra appointments just to double check on things.
    Most twin pregnancies have no major issues, but I'd discuss with your doctor what their procedures are when it comes to multiples. I'd also ask what their protocol is for what they consider "full term". Our doctor's won't let us go past 38 weeks without induction. Another good thing to find out is if the hospital you're delivering a has its own Nicu just in case something happens.
  • Options
    Congratulations times two! Take a deep breath & remember Google is not going to be your best friend through the rest of your pregnancy. ;)
    Definitely talk to your OB about any concerns and fears you are facing. You've got this! Best wishes!!
  • Options
    Appreciate the advice, yes it is hard to stay off google as I don't know anyone who's had twins or what's to except now.. Everything s change times two lol!
    I will start to make a list of questions when I see my midwife in a couple of days for my 9 week appointment.
    I read that most multiple pregnancies average 35-37 weeks so I am prepared to be expecting earlier.
  • Options
    Congrats!! How exciting! My sister in law had twins and went to 39 weeks but usually I think they do arrive earlier. Google is not your friend.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Congrats! Twins skipped over me, which is surprising. Considering the fact the my mom's side of the family is really well known for having twins! :) But I do agree with everyone here about Google. Actually, just search engines in general. Yikes! They're a Pregnant Woman's worse enemy, AND Nightmare!
  • Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations! All the best x
  • Options
    I have then I lost my other twins now preg with twins againpraying they both make it
  • Options
    @dawnsneed awe so sorry for your loss that's difficult .. How far were you? I'm counting down the days till I'm at least 12 weeks . It can't come sooner I want these babies so bad.
  • Options
    Congrats! "High risk" is kind of like how moms 35+ are considered "geriatric". It's just classifications.