June 2016 Moms

Measuring small?

I had my first internal US today. Doctor saw the baby and the heartbeat. She said it looked good, but that baby was measuring 6w 4d. The first day of my LMP was 9/5 so i thought i was around 7w 5d today. I go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. Doc didn't seem concerned but i am lol. Anyone else experience this? A week just seems like a big difference.
image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Measuring small?

• Do you know when you ovulated? If it was later than CD 14 then that could affect the actual date. It's normal for them to change the EDD because initially it's based off of LMP and that is often not accurate for dating. 
  • Do you know when you ovulated? If it was later than CD 14 then that could affect the actual date. It's normal for them to change the EDD because initially it's based off of LMP and that is often not accurate for dating. 

Yup, this ^^^
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • LMP is an awful antiquated system for dating pregnancies. It's totally normal to be measuring small, there were at least 2 people on another thread earlier today that were also measuring a week behind. As long as baby keeps growing nothing to worry about.
  • Same exact thing happened to me. My last period was 8/27 so I should be 9 weeks but I'm measuring 11 days behind that. I was having long cycles so must have ovulated late. Dr know better than me I wasn't doing any charting or paying much attention so not concerned here at all. Baby will come when he/she is ready!
  • Sometimes we focus on the out of ordinary and confuse it with not good. Sounds like you are fine and as pps said could have ovulated late or taken longer to implant (5-12 day range for implantion alone!) great news is baby is doing well! Next us (I know 2ww feels like forever) you will most likely be right on target at around 6-9wks. :) GL!
  • Why don't doctors ever explain this? It seems like it would save a lot of heartache.
  • I was 13 days behind according to lmp. apparently I implanted late in addition to ovulating 4 days late. love it! (and yeah they need to explain it more, I'm pretty annoying at doctors appts which is why he did)

^^Nailed it- I ovulated on CD 17 so my LO is 3-4 days behind schedule too. I was so happy that I had been temping & charting because when she told me the baby was small I said "yep! I ovulated late last month, we're right on schedule!"

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I did not temp or chart so i have no idea as to when i actually ovulated lol. I believe i ovulated around day 16 of my cycle based on CM, but i guess who knows. It doesn't matter to me how far along i am, i just hope the baby is doing ok. :)
    image BabyFruit Ticker