February 2016 Moms

Weeks to Months

So I cant seem to find a general consensus on weeks to months. Example 24 weeks-some sources say 6 mo preg while others still say 5. Any one have a more accurate answer on months? All these sites say diff things. Also, is 28 weeks def considered 3rd Tri?

Re: Weeks to Months

• Another option
  • Loading the player...
  • 26 w seems late to start 6th month. I wonder why there is so many dif charts/opinions and not more of a general consensus. Thats weird to me.
  • SgtLou2SgtLou2 member
    edited October 2015
    If you use the 4 week/month rule then you are pregnant for 10 months. However, if you look at a calendar from your LMP, you will see that you are due approximately 9 months later. It's easier I just go by weeks. The beginning of week 28 is considered the third trimester. (I just use what The Bump and my OB use as ticker dates). I will be 6 calendar months at 27 weeks (the 5th). It's all give or take a week.

Edit: updated last two sentences... Somehow I keep forgetting that October ends tomorrow and not next week :)
  • egraves4egraves4 member
    edited October 2015
    Lola2o1 said:
    26 w seems late to start 6th month. I wonder why there is so many dif charts/opinions and not more of a general consensus. Thats weird to me.
    If you think about it though you aren't starting your 6th month at 26 weeks, you're finishing it.  You're saying "I've completed 6 months of my pregnancy".  If you wanted to be technical then you would be in your first trimester until 13.333 weeks and your second trimester until 26.667 weeks.  That would be the most accurate because all you're doing is dividing 40 by 3.

Also, if you divide 40 by 9 you get roughly 4.444, so every 4.444 weeks you enter a new month. 4.444 multiplied by 6 months is 26.664 weeks, hope that helps. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• It's like with your age.  You say that you are 20 years old after your 20th birthday, not during your 20th year.  
  • I am 24 weeks + 5 days. I say that I am 6.5 months along. Meaning I am halfway through my sixth month
  • I am 24 weeks + 5 days. I say that I am 6.5 months along. Meaning I am halfway through my sixth month
    I think you mean 5.5 months along. That's what half way through your sixth month means.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No. 5.5 months would be halfway through your fifth month.
  • No you've completed 5 months, and half of another month (the sixth one)
  • No. 5.5 months would be halfway through your fifth month.
    Maybe take a couple minutes and think about it.  When you are 25.5 years old, you are half way through your 26th year.  When a baby is 6 months old, she is half way through her first year.  When you are 5.5 months along, you are half way through your sixth month. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I found this to be more helpful than the charts:

https://www.calendar-12.com/weeks_to_months
    I think you mean 5.5 months along. That's what half way through your sixth month means.
    She is halfway through her 6th month of pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I feel like this is beating a dead horse, but I'm 24 weeks 6 days, and I am a week away from being 6 months pregnant.  Due February 13th. I have all of November, December, and January, plus until the 13th of February. So I have roughly 3.5 months to go.  Being 6.5 months pregnant right now would mean you only have 2.5 months to go, which would be a January due date, which none of us are. 

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 

• My logic: I am due 2/14. So when 11/14 rolls around, I'll be starting my 7th. When 12/14 rolls around, I'll be starting month 8. When 1/14 rolls around I'll be starting month 9.
    So, I'm 6.5 months.
  • egraves4 said:
    I feel like this is beating a dead horse, but I'm 24 weeks 6 days, and I am a week away from being 6 months pregnant.  Due February 13th. I have all of November, December, and January, plus until the 13th of February. So I have roughly 3.5 months to go.  Being 6.5 months pregnant right now would mean you only have 2.5 months to go, which would be a January due date, which none of us are. 
    It's all in how you think of it. You give birth in your 9th month of pregnancy which is weeks 36-40. So being 24 weeks, you are in your 6th month of pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • egraves4 said:
    I feel like this is beating a dead horse, but I'm 24 weeks 6 days, and I am a week away from being 6 months pregnant.  Due February 13th. I have all of November, December, and January, plus until the 13th of February. So I have roughly 3.5 months to go.  Being 6.5 months pregnant right now would mean you only have 2.5 months to go, which would be a January due date, which none of us are. 
    It's all in how you think of it. You give birth in your 9th month of pregnancy which is weeks 36-40. So being 24 weeks, you are in your 6th month of pregnancy.
    She is in her 6th month, everyone is agreeing there.  She is not 6.5 months along, though.  24 weeks = 168 days = ~5.6 months.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • egraves4egraves4 member
    edited October 2015

My logic: I am due 2/14. So when 11/14 rolls around, I'll be starting my 7th. When 12/14 rolls around, I'll be starting month 8. When 1/14 rolls around I'll be starting month 9.
    So, I'm 6.5 months.

I don't understand your logic (and anyone else's) that pregnancy lasts 10 months because it doesn't, but it doesn't technically last 9 months either, it's right around 9.33 months (280 days/30 avg days in a month).

You said you're 24w5d, so I'm assuming you're due February 14th. I'm due February 13th, I'll be 5.5 months pregnant, you'll be 6.5 months pregnant, no problem, I'll still be able to sleep at night. At the end of the day, in 3.5 months (all of November, all of December, all of January, half of February) we will have beautiful babies so it really doesn't matter.

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15

• This is honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever seen grown women argue about. 

eta- egraves chart is listing pregnancy as 42 weeks. There's your difference.
    I completely and utterly agree. Like I said, a baby is going to come around our EDD whether we want to say we're 5.5 months, 6.5 months, 2 months, 22 months, it really doesn't matter. Good entertainment though for a slow afternoon.

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15

• egraves4 said:
    This is honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever seen grown women argue about. 

I completely and utterly agree. Like I said, a baby is going to come around our EDD whether we want to say we're 5.5 months, 6.5 months, 2 months, 22 months, it really doesn't matter. Good entertainment though for a slow afternoon.
    I am a numbers girl so this stuff entertains me. Slow day on the bump...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • egraves4 said:
    This is honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever seen grown women argue about. 

I am a numbers girl so this stuff entertains me. Slow day on the bump...
    I'm a numbers person myself lol.  It makes a lot more sense in my head by doing calculations.  The reason why it's so different for everyone is because 40 weeks does not equal 9 months.  Different people can interpret it whatever way they want.

For anyone interested, I really like this website.  It breaks down your pregnancy day by day.  I was for some reason interested how far along I would be on my birthday, New Year's Eve, etc. 

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15

• egraves4 said:

For anyone interested, I really like this website.  It breaks down your pregnancy day by day.  I was for some reason interested how far along I would be on my birthday, New Year's Eve, etc. 
    I started looking at this chart, but the numbers made me queasy so I looked at all the cute fetus-baby pictures instead.  I could look at those all day.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had the same questions about trimester and month start dates. This site explains the three methods for determining due date/pregnancy progress.

Maybe this will help:
    https://www.baby2see.com/trimester_calculator.html
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just say I'm pregnant. No screwing that one up.
  • I think I will stick to weeks. All this is making my head hurt. Lol