November 2015 Moms
Options

Transverse anyone?

I'm at 37 weeks and baby is still transverse, head to the right hammock style. Done some inversions, walking a lot, sitting on ball, but she seems so content! Doc is trying an external cephalic version next week. Any tips on what to expect? Any other advice? Spinning babies has been a good friend but this munchkin seems uninterested in moving!! Or it's super tight 1st baby 135lb currently and baby was 6lb at last ultrasound

Re: Transverse anyone?

• Options
    I have heard great things about acupuncture!!
  • Options
    Have you tried going to a chriopractor? I went and had my hips adjusted and baby turned that night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby is breech (her head is also to the side, but none of my doctors have used the term transverse) and we attempted a version last week.  I went in early to get prepped with an IV and fetal monitoring.  They gave me a drip of something, I can't remember what it was, that was supposed to relax my uterine muscles and make the procedure easier.  It was unsuccessful and very painful, but it really didn't last very long.  It seemed to last forever while it was happening, but in actuality it was about ten, fifteen minutes.  We did get a little bit of movement, but not enough to get her into a head down position.  They say if the baby is going to cooperate, they will usually do it pretty easily, and they never want to force it because that can cause fetal distress.  I was exhausted the rest of the day from trying to hold still during the procedure, and my belly was tender for a few days afterward.  I've been trying inversion positioning, extra walking and activity, but nothing has made her change position to head down.  She has done a lot of squirming and shifting, but her head always stays to the one side.  We're now scheduled for a c-section on Monday, which is my EDD.