May 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Gahhh! MH just sent me a picture of himself in this very nice, wool, peacoat. He looks so good and he was wondering if it would work for his costume as Sir Topham Hatt. I was like "You look so handsome! Definitely!" but it is $80!!!!! I told him to go for it because I am working a funeral this weekend and am probably going to be paid about $250-300, but I am still having a little heart attack over it. I am soooo ridiculously frugal (ok...cheap) that this is really freaking me out. But, MH never buys anything for himself and it will serve him for the entire winter so I guess I just need to suck it up and pretend I am not frantically running numbers in my head.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OK guys, this is my real FFFC. I was almost going to keep this to myself but....

I caved and booked an appointment for an elective Ultrasound (2D) to find out the sex at 16 weeks. I feel a little silly about it but as soon as I found a place with good reviews that does it for a fairly reasonable price ($60) I just couldn't resist.

I did the same thing. My husband and I were team green with my DS.  We planned on doing the same for this one.I have been back and fourth on finding out this time around. The only reason I am finding out is because my husband and I agreed if this baby is a girl we would be done after this one. I need to know if this is the last time I am going to be pregnant. I scheduled an elective Ultrasound for the day before Thanksgiving. I won't tell anyone (including my husband), I am surprised I even admitted this here.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

OK guys, this is my real FFFC. I was almost going to keep this to myself but....

I caved and booked an appointment for an elective Ultrasound (2D) to find out the sex at 16 weeks. I feel a little silly about it but as soon as I found a place with good reviews that does it for a fairly reasonable price ($60) I just couldn't resist.

The thought never even crossed my mind until I read the thread about people getting them. I didn't realize they were so cheap! I looked into in my city and there are a couple places we can get it done for $40 with military discount. DH says wait BUT now I'm dying to know! I could know in 3 weeks vs 9 weeks and I'm really struggling to not schedule the appt. Dang it.
  • Options
    Can you ever truly be "over-dressed"? 

No:)
  • Options
    Gahhh! MH just sent me a picture of himself in this very nice, wool, peacoat. He looks so good and he was wondering if it would work for his costume as Sir Topham Hatt. I was like "You look so handsome! Definitely!" but it is $80!!!!! I told him to go for it because I am working a funeral this weekend and am probably going to be paid about $250-300, but I am still having a little heart attack over it. I am soooo ridiculously frugal (ok...cheap) that this is really freaking me out. But, MH never buys anything for himself and it will serve him for the entire winter so I guess I just need to suck it up and pretend I am not frantically running numbers in my head.

I could have written this! But we live on a (rather small) one income. $80 would mean I'm not buying groceries that week. Anything more than $10-20 has to be planned in advance.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    @JessicaB0627 I asked my husband about it fully expecting him to be 100% opposed and while he did say he'd prefer to wait and "hear it from our doctor" (I'm not even sure what that means but whatevs) he also said he understands that it is important to me and so he supports it. Is yours really adamant?

• Options
    My FFFC is that I had sushi for lunch the other day. My job still doesn't know I'm pregnant and I had a client lunch with my boss. Of course the client chooses sushi as his choice! Ughh!! I tried to stick mainly to cooked sushi, but did have some raw pieces.
  • Options

@JessicaB0627 I asked my husband about it fully expecting him to be 100% opposed and while he did say he'd prefer to wait and "hear it from our doctor" (I'm not even sure what that means but whatevs) he also said he understands that it is important to me and so he supports it. Is yours really adamant?

I'm fairly certain I could sway him. I thought he would want to do it. We have a DD already and he's realllllly hoping for a boy this time, so I figured he would want to know sooner. I'll give it about another week before I really start bugging him about it
    ;)
  • Options
    @TXmamatobe I loooooooove Christmas!! I am definitely not a Grinch in December :D
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    I just ate an entire box of Kraft Mac n cheese for lunch. When DH asks why I didn't save him any, I'll tell him the toddler helped me. (Toddler hates Mac n cheese) 0:)
  • Options
    So I have spent the last 20 minutes reading about baby carries/slings on lucieslist. Maybe my FFFC for the day is, I don't want to 'wear' my kid. This is something that might change when he is here, but I think its a bit weird. Sure its convenient, but there has to be other ways to get your grocery shopping done than to strap a baby to your body with a sling/bookbag-y thing?? And it just looks weird IMO.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    mhc13mhc13 member
    edited October 2015
    @nerdymama15 I swear I spent more time researching strollers than every car I've purchased combined. All the baby stuff is overwhelming at first but you have time to sort it all out.
    #1 Claire 12.17.13 & #2 EDD 5.11.16

• Options
    @yogahh I never used a baby carrier but DH really liked it. I could never get the hang of the sling type carriers and the front carrier became awkward for me very quickly since I'm so short (5'). So when we would go places with a lot of walking or even grocery shopping sometimes he would wear her.
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    So I have spent the last 20 minutes reading about baby carries/slings on lucieslist. Maybe my FFFC for the day is, I don't want to 'wear' my kid. This is something that might change when he is here, but I think its a bit weird. Sure its convenient, but there has to be other ways to get your grocery shopping done than to strap a baby to your body with a sling/bookbag-y thing?? And it just looks weird IMO.
    I rarely wore my first child. I managed to fit quite a bit in the grocery cart around the car seat. Then, once she could sit up, she was sitting in the top part of the cart anyway. So it was only an issue for a few months. I plan on getting a better carrier with this one (I want a lillebaby one) as I will have less hands. It will be a ton easier to get the grocery shopping done with one in the cart and one on me. My original carrier had no back support and killed my back.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options

@lalala2004 I bet today it was even more important to keep them settled, what with the full moon this week and Halloween tomorrow! I assumed I would have a nice quiet day because most classes are having Halloween parties and who wants to leave a party to go to the nurse's office, right? Wrong! It has been just ridiculous today! I hope all our fellow school employees make it to the weekend in one piece!  #:-S

It was crazy. I wish the quiz had taken the whole period.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    yogahh said:

To each their own on the functionality piece, I definitely opt for other options sometimes when I'm going to be picking things up and walking a lot. I must say though, a soft wrap of some kind to snuggle your newborn in just can't be beat! I have a Solly baby and loved that in the early days, but I've heard the k'tan is user friendly.
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options

yogahh said:

To each their own on the functionality piece, I definitely opt for other options sometimes when I'm going to be picking things up and walking a lot. I must say though, a soft wrap of some kind to snuggle your newborn in just can't be beat! I have a Solly baby and loved that in the early days, but I've heard the k'tan is user friendly.
    I used a K'tan with DS until he was around 4.5 months, then switched to a Mai tai wrap. I loved them both! It's really important to get the right size with a K'tan though since it's essentially prewrapped.
  • Options
    Jenly17Jenly17 member
    edited October 2015
    kbrands7 said:

yogahh said:

I used a K'tan with DS until he was around 4.5 months, then switched to a Mai tai wrap. I loved them both! It's really important to get the right size with a K'tan though since it's essentially prewrapped.
    Another vote for the K'tan. A great bonus to baby wearing is that it kind of wards off unwanted touching of your LO. I loved that part!

Oh, you want to hold her? Sorry she's sound asleep in this wrap ;)

Edited because words are hard.
  • Options
    yogahh said:

I used my ergo for travel, walking the dog, restaurants where I knew the stroller wouldn't fit. The problem with wearing baby and grocery shopping is you still have to carry the groceries plus baby home. Just find a stroller you like with a decent sized basket and use the velcro stroller clips for extra bags. I love the uppababy vista. Plus when the baby is small, you'll want to maximize your trips out, so running a few errands is easier if you can throw everything in the stroller basket. Also humidity plus baby wearing equals grossly sweaty.

• Options
    Anolt03Anolt03 member
    edited November 2015

I know I'm being impatient but I'm super bummed that we didn't get to see the baby this morning at the appt. The HB is 154 and I'm glad for that but I got spoiled being high risk last go round bc every appt I got to see the baby. After seeing the recent loss here where the HB and movement were fine but upon better looking at the baby they found the baby wouldn't survive I now have this fear that that could happen to my LO. I have to wait until Fing Christmas to see the baby for the sex reveal :( I know I shouldn't complain but I can't help it.

I hear ya!! This is our first pregnancy and I totally expected an ultrasound at our (first) 10 week appt. my doctor said because I'm "boringly healthy" the first ultrasound isn't until 18-20 weeks . I was very disappointed. But we did get to hear the heartbeat. But after reading some loss posts, especially the one regarding normal heart beat but then things didn't look good on ultrasound.. That makes me a little uneasy.
  • Options
    @yogahh My 1st baby was so clingy - couldn't put him down for 2 seconds. He also had God-awful colic and screamed for the first 3 mo of his life. Babywearing pretty much saved my sanity! Keep it as an option! My 2nd and 3rd babies were much easier and not as clingy, but I still loved babywearing as it frees your hands to get stuff done. The key is investing in a really good carrier. I adore my Kinderpack and Tula(s).
    My fffc is I have 4 really expensive baby carriers, but I can sell for retail, maybe more, when I'm done with them. Also my stroller cost $25 on craigslist, so I think it evens out, lol :)
  • Options
    @danandvan just curious... Who would pay more than retail on used baby stuff? If so, great for you! I just can't imagine many circumstances where anyone would.
    Me: 27    DH: 30
    Married in 2011
    Baby 1: Stillborn at 27 weeks (April 2014)
    Baby 2: Due May 2016

• Options
    @Jesse835235 the babywearing world is CRAZY. Kinderpacks, for example, are hard to get, and therefore hold and gain value. They retail around $200 incl tax/ship. I sold a used one for $400 last spring after using it for a year. Market value is down now, so if I sold mine now, I could probably get $250, which is still more than I paid.
    Other high end carriers like wraps can gain value after being used/broken in.
  • Options
    DanandVan said:

@Jesse835235 the babywearing world is CRAZY. Kinderpacks, for example, are hard to get, and therefore hold and gain value. They retail around $200 incl tax/ship. I sold a used one for $400 last spring after using it for a year. Market value is down now, so if I sold mine now, I could probably get $250, which is still more than I paid.

One of the keys is that they release exclusive prints and colors, and some people consider themselves collectors! We cloth diaper and wow some brands have exclusives that will sell used for hundreds of dollars after originally costing about $30. Retail versus market value!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    DanandVan said:

So what's so special about kinderpacks? I just looked online and they're all sold out and going for $300+ on eBay. I just can't picture myself spending that much on a carrier.
  • Options
    Kinderpacks are handmade in the US by a very small family company who (for now at least) refuses to expand, making them hard to get. And the fit/quality is hard to beat, in my opinion. I can wear my 2 1/2 yr old on my back all day in my kp, with no discomfort. I would say Tulas are a close comparison, but you lose a little something in the fit and quality.
    I am a HUGE cheapskate. Like, my wedding dress cost $50. I am not a big spender by any means. But a good, solid baby carrier is worth every penny, and like I said, because it keeps its value it can be resold when babywearing days are over.
  • Options
    Babywearing... It's kind of like choosing the kind of underwear you like. Really personal and all about the right fit. I also got De cuervain's syndrome...aka mommy thumb in my left wrist really badly by the time booger was 6 months old and still barely 12 pounds, so wearing him has been a lifesaver for me. I love my original ergo. I got the one with the stars that they sell at target because it was the cheapest cute one. It fits me and I use it all the time, especially on errands day when it's constant up & down with a toddler who just wants to walk everywhere now, so the stroller is usually a no go. I love the ring sling for quick up & downs, and when I want to look nice, like taking booger to church. It is "dressier" than the ergo. And wraps.... Oh, the pretty colors. Soft, floppy, comfy fabrics. It took a while to figure it out, but I love the wraps too. Yup, I totally drank the Babywearing Kool Aid. To sum up... If you can't carry your kid, or you're in a crowd (like airport or baseball game or Costco), Babywearing can be a huge asset. Try them all out, and checkout the kids consignment stores for deals, or register for one for your baby shower.
    yes, my baby is a zombie.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and my fffc (better late than never, right?) is that I want a shower for thing 2. If it's a girl. I want my friends and family to buy me cute baby girl clothes. Shameless, I know.
    yes, my baby is a zombie.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker