July 2015 Moms
Options

Sleep help

My DD is a needy baby. She has to have attention basically all of the time. She needs to be held to sleep and it's getting on our nerves. Soon she will hopefully be sleep trained. Anyway, after she goes to sleep at night, she will stay asleep for 30 mins to an hour. She will wake up crying. After we get her back to sleep she will stay down for a few hours.

I really want help with her waking up after that hour. Last night she fought so hard it took a very long time to get her down again.

Re: Sleep help

• Options
    I have no real advice for you unfortunately :/ my son was the same way so I just let him sleep how he wants (right next to me) so we both can get some sleep! Most of the time I have to even sleep with my hand on his tummy or chest so he knows I'm there!
    They have gone their entire lives with mommy- hard for some to go without then I imagine!
  • Options
    My DD was exactly the same. We started using the Magic Sleepsuit about 5 days ago and things have been much better. She is still waking up a few times, but can be shushed back to sleep or goes back down quickly after nursing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you picking her up after she wakes up? Babies have to learn hoe to lay comfortably without you, so odds are good that she just decided the position she was in was uncomfortable and she's fussing and crying because of that. If you can, soothe her in the crib for 10ish minutes so that she can find a way to sleep that feels comfortable to her. If you're constantly picking her up and putting her back down, she has to start the whole process over again, which causes more crying.

It sucked the first night with DS, but we were able to soothe him every time within those 10 minutes, and now he sleeps like a champ.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes we have tried letting her fall back asleep without us. We've even tried 30 mins last night. Then after finally picking her up she still fought for a while until I gave up and feed her to sleep.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    AKOL0 said:
    Yes we have tried letting her fall back asleep without us. We've even tried 30 mins last night. Then after finally picking her up she still fought for a while until I gave up and feed her to sleep.
    I don't mean without you there; I mean without taking her out of the crib. You're still there attempting to soothe (patting, rocking, shushing, etc.), but she stays laying down in the crib.
  • Options

AKOL0 said:

I don't mean without you there; I mean without taking her out of the crib. You're still there attempting to soothe (patting, rocking, shushing, etc.), but she stays laying down in the crib.

If she slept after feeding, maybe she was hungry. My LO still wakes 3-4 times a night and nurses.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15