1st Trimester
Options

No Appetite

I think I'm about 5 weeks, I'm looking forward to my first ultrasound in a couple weeks. Is it normal to not have a appetite?
This is my first round at this.

Re: No Appetite

• Options
    I'm also 5 weeks with a very small appetite which is insane because I'm usually a porker and stuff my face constantly! Everything smells bad and I only take 3-5 bites of any meal before it's no longer appealing. Not sure if it's totally normal but you're definitely not alone!
  • Options
    That makes three of us! I can keep food down okay, but I just don't fancy anything. I love my food usually, so this is really odd... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, food aversions are a real thing. They suck. I'm 6w and aversions started a few days ago. Find something nutritious that you can stomach and do your best.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Girl you are NOT alone ;) I've had food aversions for the past two weeks (I'm about 6 weeks now) and it sucks. Trying to find nutritious food that sounds appealing, and that you can keep down, is hard. I've been drinking green protein smoothies as snacks and that helps. The more citrus-y the better for me! Hope that helps. We're with ya! Haha
    Me too! The more acidic something is, the less nauseating it sounds.
  • Options
    Same boat, just found out we are having twins... We are 8.5 weeks along and I wake up starving like my stomache is rumbling and gurgling but the thought of eating makes me so queazy, nothing is appetizing anymore. I do a lot of healthy shakes and actually love cold fruit, oranges grapes apples !
  • Options
    TyDKTyDK member
    edited October 2015
    I'm going on 14 weeks and I still don't have much of an appetite most days. I'm too queasy to eat most times. I go without dinner almost every night.
  • Options
    This is me. I never know what to eat, NOTHING sounds good and the longer I go without eating the worse I feel... But food makes me gag. It's a terrible merry-go-round.