1st Trimester

Tough announcement to make

So I just recently discovered I am pregnant. However, it is not with my ex boyfriend of 2 years. After we broke up I started seeing a guy I had known since high school, someone I truly care about. After only a month of dating I discovered our news. I'm having a hard time thinking of a way to introduce this to my family, especially since they don't know this guy at all. They can be somewhat judgemental at first.. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Tough announcement to make

• Everything said above ^^^
    Best of luck to you. If you find it's not easy in the beginning, try to remember it won't be like that forever.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kynbar5 said:

I think there's not a gentle way around it. Just going to have to rip it off like a band-aid. I would say to have some things worked out before hand because you know what questions will be asked. Does the guy know? Does he plan on being around? Are the two of you doing this together? Can you support a child? Do you live on your own? I just think that if you go into informing your family with answers to any questions you think they'll have it will be much easier to digest. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you!

Yupp, all of this. Good luck.
  • First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

If I were in your situation I would probably let the family meet him before telling them about the pregnancy. Give them a chance to form their own opinions about the guy before he become the guy that KU their daughter. Depending on how far along you are you could have a few family gatherings before you tell them.  I've been married to my Husband for a year and a half and i'm still not telling my family until Thanksgiving. 

I would just give them a chance to like the guy before they find out you're pregnant. Springing a new guy on them and a pregnancy might be traumatic and it could set the tone for any future relationship between your BF and your family. 
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!