1st Trimester
Options

Team Green Anyone?

sarahjo8sarahjo8 member
edited October 2015 in 1st Trimester
I'm a FTM and hubby and I have both decided to wait for the big reveal on delivery day! Anyone else waiting (or has waited before) have advice on how to withstand the pressure of family  members/friends who can't understand this decision?

Re: Team Green Anyone?

• Options
    Tell them it isn't their business?

We haven't  gotten any pressure from anyone to tell them the sex. It isn't up to your family- your baby, your decision.

We have chosen to not find out as well.
  • Options
    UGH!!! I am so jealous. I wanted to find out but then DH didn't and now I don't and DH does. My MIL said too bad I need to know for my shopping etc... Hats off to you that you have a united front to do team green. We're revealing with a cake.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sarahjo8 said:

I'm a FTM and hubby and I have both decided to wait for the big reveal on delivery day! Anyone else waiting (or has waited before) have advice on how to withstand the pressure of family  members/friends who can't understand this decision?

We're team green because DH and I want it that way. Our families are happy with that but if they weren't I'd just tell them 'it's too bad, be patient' and that'd be the end of the conversation. The topic won't be prolonged unless you allow it to be.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We already decided we don't want to find out either and family is already pressuring us too. I just tell them we aren't finding out and that's final. Our family, our choice. We hate gendered baby stuff and intend to go 100% gender neutral on everything. When our kids get older they'll express their gender their own way. As babies and toddlers we just want them to learn and grow and not be pushed into anything gender specific. What can I say we're flaming liberals LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    My friend was getting pressure from her family but didn't want to find out. She told them the baby didn't cooperate with the ultrasound and they weren't able to determine the sex.
    I am in BC though and we seem to have less ultrasounds than other places.

Edit: words
    Met - November 2007
    Married - May 2011
    TTC LO#1 - January 2014
    BFP - Oct 19 2015- Due July 1 2016!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'll have the ability to find out the sex when we get the results of the CVS (scheduled for next week), but my husband doesn't want us to know. He doesn't think I'm going to be able to keep it a secret from him even though we plan to register for only gender-neutral necessities. I really want to know. :-/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: 39 DH: 41
    Met in HS, but lost touch for 12 years after graduation
    1st Date: 5/27/06
    Engaged: 9/16/13
    Married: 6/20/15
    BFP: 9/2/15
    CVS: 11/3/15 (all good news - thank God!)
    EDD: 5/11/16

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This is our 4th time being team green.
    My mom used to give me some grief about it, wanting to buy stuff, but when we were kids (me and sib) and hubs and his subs were kids, you couldn't even find out and that was just the way it was. She bought us super cute gender neutral stuff that we have been able to use with every baby (which has been even more awesome to get pics of all the kids wearing the same stuff as newborns)!
    Plus when it comes down to all the pressure, well that's just like sealing the deal for us - you want a power struggle? Think we can't do it? We will show you; hah! And that moment at birth, where my husband is the one who announces to me what the baby is (instead of the sonogram tech in a dark room) is so, SO *AWEsome* that it is worth any amount of dumb and irritating comments we get along the way …

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    I love hearing these experiences! I actually teared up thinking about my husband getting to announce it to family in the waiting room :) This has made me much more resolute--I can't wait to wait!!
  • Options
    We were team green for our first as we had both a boy and girl name already picked out, and we did the nursery in classic Winne the Pooh so it was pretty neutral. We found out for our second because our first was a boy and we wanted to know if we would need another boys name or need to get girl's clothing. For this one, we are team green again. Have no idea on a name for either and have clothes for both, so surprise it is!

image"">

• Options
    We're team green this time around, we weren't the first time around. I've been getting some grief because grandmas and great grandmas can't go shopping. I told them if they want to buy stuff that we would really appreciate some gender neutral clothes or cloth diapers.

• Options
    We're not going to find out the sex. I don't think we'll get any problems from family/friends, but I'm worried that the doctor will accidentally let it slip, because it seems like most people around here do find out the sex.
  • Options
    Team green for us as well. All of our family has been supportive but many people do not understand and make comments. I tell people that this is a special time for my husband and me, and that it's one thing we want to have together. And that we are going to find out, just not until May. :) I had a miscarriage in May and I really just want a healthy baby. People are always going to insert their opinions and such. I think mostly it just irks people because they feel like they deserve to know. We've also chosen not to reveal the names we choose... so we're just evil. I'm hoping that by being team green, people focus on the important things.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    aehogan90 said:
    Team green for us as well. All of our family has been supportive but many people do not understand and make comments. I tell people that this is a special time for my husband and me, and that it's one thing we want to have together. And that we are going to find out, just not until May. :) I had a miscarriage in May and I really just want a healthy baby. People are always going to insert their opinions and such. I think mostly it just irks people because they feel like they deserve to know. We've also chosen not to reveal the names we choose... so we're just evil. I'm hoping that by being team green, people focus on the important things.

Completely agree. I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage...I have had some issues with an SCH and have been very fearful of that. I, too, only care about having a healthy baby! My husband and I are living in different states due to our jobs right now (but not for long!) so I had to tell him about the BFP over the phone...so sharing the experience of finding out the baby's sex in person will be the one thing we don't have to discuss over the phone :)

• Options
    I'm still finding out the sex, but I'm totally team green for everything that's not clothing. This is our first child and you don't get a huge baby shower for 2nd or 3rd children here. If all the things are neutral they'll be good to be used in the future regardless of the sex of future children.

I respect the choice to not know the sex but we have a super cute reveal idea.
    Me: 27
    DH: 29
    BFP: 10/25/2015
    EDD: 7/5/2015!!

• Options
    We are definitely team green, discussed it at least a year ago. We actually decided upon a gender neutral name already too, before even stopping BC. We haven't told anyone yet, but we definitely won't be finding out anyway. We like purple & green and don't really hold true to many strict "gender" roles in clothing or bedding, so anything goes. We'll probably have to work hard to get our families to relax, but that's their problem. :)
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker