February 2016 Moms

Registry

For all you who will be creating a registry just a couple questions...

When will you be creating it?

How many places are you registering?

Have you considered registering online (Amazon.com)?

How are you keeping yourself organized & ensuring you get all the essentials on your registry list?

TIA!

-Ashley 23Weeks

Re: Registry

• For all you who will be creating a registry just a couple questions...

When will you be creating it?

How are you keeping yourself organized & ensuring you get all the essentials on your registry list?

TIA!

-Ashley 23Weeks

I'm on baby #3 and not having a baby shower. But I am creating a registry just to help stay organized and keep a list of what we need for this LO. When I was pregnant with my 1st, I made a registry about 2 months before by baby shower. That way I could edit the list if needed and it gave me plenty of time before my mom send out invitations to the shower. I only made one registry (Target) but I know a lot of moms make two or more registries depending on what stores they have available and whether or not some guests can't attend but still want to purchase something online.
  • I won't be this time (except maybe for completion coupons), but last time I started registering at around 25w. I registered at BRU and Amazon. I liked the prices and selection of Amazon, but a lot of people prefer a brick and mortar store to buy at, so I did both.

I looked at lots of baby lists online, then created my own list of things to get off of those. The easiest thing, though, was just walking into BRU (without a list) and going down every single aisle with the scanner, scanning anything we wanted, wanted to research more, or weren't sure if we needed or not. From there, I went home and did extra research, went through my list of wants/needs, and deleted all the "extra/changed me mind" items off the registry (you can edit online).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • DH and I did ours around 20 weeks and we did amazon and buy buy baby.

We did what Vita Luna did and just scanned what we wanted or wanted to research. I took a lot of stuff off our buy buy baby registry after the fact because I found comparable products for much cheaper on amazon.

*Kate*

February 2016

• We created our registries a month ago. My first shower is next week - so that gave me time to create and edit before my mom sent out invitations. We registered at Target and Babies R Us. Target because pretty much everyone has fairly easy access to a store nearby, and Babies R Us because the selection was a lot better.

When we registered, I followed a list I found online for recommended things to register for. So now I'm using my registries to keep track of what we still need to get.
  • We started an amazon one first with items that were recommended or we randomly saw as more of a "remember this" kind of thing. Our Amazon one remains the smallest but it's there and we're putting some of the larger items on there based on it being cheaper.

We started our BuyBuyBaby registry back in August and just scanned everything we wanted to look into/research. We did our BRU registry a few weeks later once we knew the sex and were able to better register for things/colors we wanted. Then we did one for Target primarily for the completion coupon and the proximity to our house. For the brick & mortar stores, we just walked around and scanned what we liked or again, what we wanted to research.

As far as keeping up with what we need/want, I'll just go off the registry lists of unpurchased items. We really haven't bought a whole lot other than furniture and some clothing from consignment sales because the shower is in 2 weeks so whatever we don't get there, we'll be keeping our eyes open for black Friday/Christmas sales so the bulk of what we'll be buying will be in the next 2 months.

• Just started our registry about 2 weeks ago. We registered at BuyBuyBaby and BabiesRUs in person. I also ended up starting a registry on Amazon. I may end up starting a registry for Target for the goody bag and completion coupon, even if we don't advertise that we registered there. I initially didn't think I would register at some many places. I was hoping to go into BBB and be done. However, I went into BRU to look at something BBB didn't carry. After listening to their reasons to register there, I decided to register. The endless rewards and price matching is nice. The completion coupons seem like they will be handy as well.

For the most part, I am adding things to our registry from BRU now. If I can't find something there, I look at BBB and Amazon. This helps me keep organized. I also like the online checklist BRU has. I am not registering for a ton of stuff. I personally think that there are a lot more options for babies than babies actually need. I may be wrong, as I am FTM but feel I do have a decent amount of experience. Keeping the registry list more to just the essentials has helped make it pretty easy to stay organized.

Personally, I find making decisions about what model/brand etc to be the hardest part of the registry creation so far.
  • My showers in about 2 weeks and I just made sure to have my registry done before I sent out my invitations. I only registered at target, and it took me less than a week to have it finalized. They have a check list on the registry site online that helped me stay organized. Also, I did target because people could buy in store, or order online easily. I've had a couple hiccups with my registry, but everything ended up ok.
  • I'm pregnant with my fourth baby. This was my first time ever registering. I registered at babies r' us when I was 20 weeks. We just made the list for things we would like to purchase. It was nice to have when family asked if we registered or wanted to know what we would like etc. I only registered there and won't be registering anywhere else. Maybe if I was having a shower or celebration I would register at maybe 1 or 2 more places.
  • I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and I had my registry done about 2 weeks ago. My shower is on 12/5 so my mom wanted it done so she could send out invitations. We registered at babies r us, target, and Amazon. Babies r us was for more practical things, target was for more cute/trendy things, and Amazon is more for the nursery decorating items I couldn't find in store because we're not doing pink or any specific theme (just coral and mint with gold accents)
  • What was really helpful for me was asking a few of my friends who recently had their little ones what they would recommend I add to my registry. By doing it this way I was able to get real advice on what I really needed versus what is nice to have versus you really don't need that!! It helped tremendously.
    For your other questions I price compared on Amazon and babies r us and built registries from those two sites. I didn't even need to go into the babies r us store because I had the super helpful feedback from my friends. I ended up going in once to take a few strollers and car seats for a spin.
  • We registered starting at about 12 wks because I had no idea what I needed and it was a way to get it all out on computer. We registered at babies r us and baby list. Best part of baby list is you can register at several places (Amazon, babies r us, buy buy baby )and its all kept in one place.
    I did, to help weed the list out have a few friends who recently had babies look at my list and take stuff off that we will never use and stuffer absolutely needed. Our shower is a month off and I feel really good about what we have on there.
  • Kind of like jax022016, my shower is on 12/5 so I've been pretty much done with the registries for a couple weeks since invites will go out next week. We did BRU and Amazon. I wasn't going to do Amazon but I know a lot of people that online shop and some of their prices are just so much better!

I used Lucie's List the most for figuring out the big things, then I asked some friends and a FB board that I'm on to get a list of their must haves. I made my own list from that and pretty much looked up each item at BRU and Amazon to see where the better deal was. I started both registries online then waited to find out what we were having since I wanted some of the smaller things to be gender specific.

I went to BRU once to finish adding things to see what was actually in the store but I couldn't imagine walking in there having done no research, but I'm a researchy type of person lol.

As far as making sure we get all the essentials? Idk, I guess I haven't really thought of that but I figure I'll just go back through after the shower and see what is left and what we'd want to buy.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I registered on babylist (babylistregistry.com) and I love it because it compiles a list of whatever items you want from anywhere on the internet, so I have things from amazon, target, buybuybaby, Walmart, etc. It will tell you the price of the item at the various places so anyone buying off your registry has a choice of where they buy from. The only downside is no completion discount... But otherwise I love it.
  • We did Amazon and either buy the stuff we need from our registry so it automatically hides or we delete it after we buy it. Our registry is basically just a list for me.
  • I registered with 1 online only and 2 brick and mortar stores. I wasn't planning to register at more than two places, but buy buy baby opened closeish to me and I became obsessed...then I learned of the swag bags...

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • I ended up just registering at one place because I felt like it would be easier to keep track of (for me, maybe selfish). I registered at Buy Buy Baby because they had the most off of my list of stuff I wanted. I figure most people have/will buy online, but there is a store not too far from us where people could shop if they wanted. I do have a small private list on babylist of bigger stuff, like our stroller, which we will buy ourselves. I started it sometime in the first tri but finished it just before the invites for my shower went out. I have a lot more stuff on my registry than I would ever expect to receive, but for me it was a good way to keep track of what I want to buy, and I'll plan to use the completion code at the end to get the rest of the stuff we want/need.
  • I only registered at Buy Buy Baby because that is my favorite and I like that you can use Bed Bath coupons there as well. I have one by me so if I need to return anything I can, I did what is convenient for me. I have received some things already off the registry, like some larger items that someone probably does not want to drag to the shower. With showers within my family and family friends, we buy a larger item to get sent to the house and then buy something smaller for the person to open at their shower. 

I had my registry created probably right around 11-13 weeks but have made adjustments to brands, what I actually want, etc. My registry looks completely different than when I started. I'm the type of person who puts everything I think I want or need then I would go back weekly, sometime daily and be like "do I really need this now? will I use this?" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is my second baby and I am not having a shower.

I decided to register all over the place for the completion coupons because I will be buying everything by myself this time around.

I registered at buy buy baby, target, Amazon, babies R us, diapers.com, and a few smaller online natural stores and cloth diaper/baby-wearing boutiques. It is also helping me to keep track of everything I need to get.
  • Oh boy I just realized something and then did a big no-no! If you register on Babylist they have this handy thing to send thank you notes . . . which tells you who bought what . . . and I peeked!!!! Shame on me! But I couldn't resist. I will NOT be telling DH about this one! I'd get quite the scolding!

That being said, I think it will be super helpful after the shower for writing thank you cards!

Bad mama! Bad!
  • When will you be creating it?

--I started creating it around 13 weeks. 

--2, BuyBuyBaby and Amazon

--Yep, I am registering on Amazon 

--I had several people look over my registry to make sure I wasnt missing anything. I will use the completion coupons after my shower to get anything I need

• I registered at BRU, Target, Walmart, and amazon. I am not counting on anyone purchasing anything from the registries but I want the registry coupons to get the stuff I know I will be buying myself at some point. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh boy I just realized something and then did a big no-no! If you register on Babylist they have this handy thing to send thank you notes . . . which tells you who bought what . . . and I peeked!!!! Shame on me! But I couldn't resist. I will NOT be telling DH about this one! I'd get quite the scolding!

That being said, I think it will be super helpful after the shower for writing thank you cards!

Bad mama! Bad!
    It's so tempting to choose "show me" when someone buys something! I've been able to resist so far!

Bad mama! Bad!
    It's so tempting to choose "show me" when someone buys something! I've been able to resist so far!
    Yeah... I am so guilty of this lol.  I'm registered on Amazon and it has a list for Thank You cards.  I look every time I see an item has been bought.

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD