1st Trimester
Options

Passing out in shower?

I've come to dread showers. I always feel lousy and drained during/after them. At first I thought it was because I like hot showers but the last couple I took were lukewarm.

Today, I ended up feeling really sick, couldn't lift my arms to rinse my hair, got tunnel vision and hearing was crazy muffled and I was shaking. I was able to get out and into my bedroom before actually passing out.

I eat before I shower so I'm not sure what is causing this or what can help it.

Re: Passing out in shower?

• Options
    I had this same problem in my first trimester. I started showering at night when I was generally less nauseous instead of in the morning. It work pretty well. Bonus - I got to sleep and extra 20-30 minutes in the morning.

• Options
    If you're actually passing out... you should be calling your doctor. ASAP. 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If you're actually passing out... you should be calling your doctor. ASAP. 

Yes, this. While passing out may be what happens to some people, it can be a sign of something wrong in others. Every woman and every pregnancy are different. Call your doctor.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    I haven't actually passed out or fainted yet but today was really close!
  • Options
    Okay, well, in your post, you said you made it to the bedroom before you passed out. It's one or the other. 

Even if you are NEAR passing out, it's still worth calling your doctor immediately. 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    kayla2536 said:

I haven't actually passed out or fainted yet but today was really close!

Ugh, like the pp said, you either did or you didn't. In the original post you said you did but like she also said you should at least call your doctor.
  • Options
    kayla2536 said:

I've come to dread showers. I always feel lousy and drained during/after them. At first I thought it was because I like hot showers but the last couple I took were lukewarm.

Today, I ended up feeling really sick, couldn't lift my arms to rinse my hair, got tunnel vision and hearing was crazy muffled and I was shaking. I was able to get out and into my bedroom before actually passing out.

I eat before I shower so I'm not sure what is causing this or what can help it.

QFP