April 2016 Moms
Options

NBR - TWD Fans... Spoilers from last episode FYI

Ok so i felt like we were taking over the other post so I started a new one... check out this article i found yesterday... don't read it if you want to be potentially surprised... I think it holds a lot of merit as the producers shouldn't/and i think wouldn't overlook a detail like this!
Major reason Glen could be alive...

fingers crossed???  ohhh man - and it majorly sucks that  next week's episode is totally geared towards Morgan???  That shit better come round in a HUGE way if they are making us wait until NEXT Sunday to find out Glen's fate.

Also - can we do this weekly?  I need my discussion fix.  Only one other person at work watches so I'm always jonsing for some good WD talk.  LOL  It seriously is like an addiction.  Maybe Tuesday's?  Not sure how many of you watch on Sundays vs Mondays?

Re: NBR - TWD Fans... Spoilers from last episode FYI

• Options
    Since cutting cable and streaming through a Roku our only option is to watch on Sundays. Though I don't know how this time change will affect my ability to stay up this weekend! Especially because 2 year old don't get the memo that they're supposed to sleep in...! We'll see.

I will say that it is getting harder for DH and I to watch it. It was all well and good when it was people killing zombies, but with this major switch to people killing people, we're struggling with it. It just isn't what we started watching it for (and we didn't read the comics so we don't know how it may play out from episode to episode). Honestly I end up watching about half the episode (or less, when the episodes go like Sunday's did...) but I certainly listen to the whole thing!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @dayzchic9 DH and I are huge TWD fans. I know there has been a lot of speculations about whether or not Glen is alive, but I re-watched that scene and I don't see how he survives that hoard. You can sort of see his head in the middle, definitely not under the dumpster. My guess is we get walker Glenn in the future? I hope I'm wrong because Glenn is one of the really likable characters in the series.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The people killing put me off a bit at first, but I have a kill or be killed attitude so I cheered when Rick killed the guy that was banging his wife - actually wanted him to do it before he turned because his friend was becoming a danger to the group. I'm also glad Carol took care of the little girl before she got anyone else killed. I was pretty upset about her sister though.
    All that aside, I feel like the producers are VERY good at making things exactly as they want - if Glen had really died, we would have seen it in all its gruesome glory. If he had really been eaten, we would have seen his organs ripped out of his stomach - we saw organs and he did look like he was in serious agony, but there's no proof that those were Glen's intestines. I'm really hoping that he somehow survives and makes it back to the group, because seeing him as a zombie will be even worse than him never coming back.
    And --I freaking KNEW they wouldn't put his outcome in the next episode. If they do, it'll be a tiny blurb that won't be enough to tell anything from.
    Can we have a Carol episode next? That woman is a badass. And I want to know if what's-her-face is still struggling with the PTSD. I think she is, but I need more proof.

And yes, I'm all about a weekly check-in.
  • Options
    Oooooooh I forgot about that kid that killed her sister! She was so messed up :( That episode was really hard to watch, probably the hardest one for me. Man once your a parent and have kids, stuff like that just wrecks you!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @AmadorRose I was saying the same thing about not really seeing Glenn die. The last few main character deaths have been EXTRA gruesome, so that just felt like a "meh" if it was his actual death. And I'm SO with you on Carol, that woman is my hero.

I'm totally down for a weekly check-in, but won't check until Tuesdays most likely. We don't have cable and watch through an Amazon season pass, so we can't watch until Mondays at the earliest.

Ellenlbishop the other option besides him getting under/into the dumpster would be to get covered in zombie guts. We've seen that happen in past seasons and I just do NOT understand why they don't ever try that again if it worked before.
  • Options
    I am totally up for a Tuesday check-in! I live outside the US, so the earliest I can watch the episode is monday. I seriously cried so hard during this episode and I am so worried that Rick was bitten.

And Carol is definitely my favorite character along with Daryl. That woman is so badass. Specially the episode at Terminus where she went full blown Rambo killer mode and how she saved Alexandria from the wolves. I still secretly hope her and Daryl get together.

• Options
    Darryl is weird this season though. We need a Darryl episode to re-connect.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I definitely wouldn't mind being saved by Daryl.. :-\"
    And I agree, we really need an episode to reconnect with Daryl
    :x

• Options
    I like TWD check in idea.
    @AEG84 DH had the same idea about Glenn covering himself in zombie scent/guts and slipping away. I thought it awesome when Carol did it.

Ditto what pp's said. Daryl is strange this season.

The whole scene with Rick in the RV stressed me out! Lol
  • Options
    I would love a TWD check-in, so love this show!!!

I think Glen is still alive. I am not sure how long he will stay alive but for sure don't think he died in that episode. He's one of what like 3-4 original characters left, no way they would kill him off with no witnesses for us to watch grieve and on a random episode 3 with not much gore. He's a finale death for sure. And not that the show is following the comics much but yeah, there's that (not including any possible spoiler details in case no one wants them lol).

I am unsure the guts theory could work though, they would have to be Zombie guts and he has no way to slice one open. Would Nicholas's work since he got a brain shot first therefore wouldn't turn?? I'm going with the he somehow gets under the dumpster theory and waits it out or it's all a hallucination of Nicholas's since he apparently was out of bullets anyway and was obviously going nutso. 

Gosh, I need to find out next episode. I can't even be excited about this Morgan story because of it and I'm really curious what's been going on with Morgan so that's sad.
    Me & DH - 2009
    Gone but not forgotten: Identical twin boys born at 23 weeks - 2004 
    DS1 - 2010
    DS2 - 2012
    DS3 - 2014
    Surprise # 4 due April 2016!! It's a GIRL.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AchieverjoAchieverjo member
    edited October 2015
    I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he's atleast bitten. In the comics he was bludgeoned to death.

• Options
    I don't think Darryl and Carol will ever get together that would be weird .. For me anyway . I feel they are more like family and she's like a mom figure to him that's what I get anyway I think the bond they have isn't being together but surviving and going thru things together . And on the talking dead they stated that when your a big character you go out with a grusome ending that's their way of showing you a proper farewell so if Glenn wasn't shown fully in that regard it wouldn't seem to me he was gone , on the other hand I called he would die soon . so if he's dead .. That's truely sad but I called it .
  • Options
    When I watched the episode I didn't even have a remote thought that Goen might be alive. But after reading the articles, they do make some good points. I think it's possible but I'm not certain.
  • Options
    Sooo last night's episode...

Made me hate Morgan a little less, but I think they could have done all of that back story in an hour instead of an hour and a half.

*Spoiler Alert*

Do you think that psychopath Eastman starved to death turned to a zombie? Because he said he didn't know the world ended until after that happened and he went back to Atlanta. Could this be a major flaw in the plot?
  • Options
    I've always thought Morgan was an interesting character, though I'm not sure I like this "no killing people" thing. I agree that it was entirely too long, and I HATE that I watched Morgan for 90 minutes and know nothing about Glen. Plus, the packers lost and we were flipping between the two channels the whole time.

I don't think the producers allow plot flaws, everything they do is for a reason like not showing Glen specifically getting torn into by zombies.

OMFG can we please just know what happens to Glen? Seriously, that's really all I care about at this point.
  • Options
    Ok so finally watched last night... Hmmmm.  Eastman prob buried the guy after he died so I'm assuming if he turned into a zombie no one was the wiser?  
    I agree while it was a good episode it was long.  I thought it was well done and gave you insight to Morgan and I liked who the cast for Eastman, I thought he fit the character well.

But YES - Glen???  Can't wait til this Monday and avoid Social Media all damn day!!!
  • Options
    TABITHAAAAA

That's all I have to say. My pregnancy hormones may have been a little intense, and I cried at that.
  • Options
    AEG84 said:

TABITHAAAAA

That's all I have to say. My pregnancy hormones may have been a little intense, and I cried at that.

I was more sad about the goat than Glen! Haha then again I'm a sucker for animals.
  • Options
    I dunno... He'd have to have a hole ready and have rushed him into the ground for that to be plausible. Remember the doctor from the governor's camp? He had that old guy that died of cancer and he turned within a few minutes.
  • Options
    Just gonna leave this right here...
  • Options
    Sooo Maggie's pregnant, and I think she's also a single mom. There's no way Glenn is alive.

What was up with the blood dripping on the wall?
  • Options
    @Achieverjo I refuse to believe Glenn is dead. I need to see it with my own eyes. And of course Maggie is pregnant. Of course.

Where was blood dripping on the wall? I'm terrible at details.

Is it bad that I kind of wish Carl would die? And where is Judith? We haven't seen her since Enid disappeared and she had shifty eyes. And her little boyfriend is a bitch.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Right, I kinda figured she was KU a few episodes back.  It was good to see her stop and not play hero.  I've watched TWD since the inaugural season and the part where her and whatshisface were pushing those water logged zombies back had to be the grossest.  OMG.

Saw the blood... does it foreshadow the wall coming down?  Like they are starting to pile up and get all squashed?  I was glad Rick made it back and in the fashion he did.  
    But how many days do we think that episode lasted?  one or two?  I'm def anxious for next week!
  • Options
    I was a little disappointed in this weeks episode. I know they can't all be as action packed as the first couple but now I'm guessing we won't find out anything about Glenn until mid-season finale. I'm excited from the preview that it looks we're going to see what's going on with Daryl.
  • Options
    This week was a little disappointing. I was hoping for more info after last week's Morgan-fest.

Here's my list of shit that annoyed me this episode:

-Rick: "LET'S ALL BE SUPER QUIET SO THE ZOMBIES DON'T HEAR US. EXCEPT ME, I'M GOING TO YELL AT YOU RIGHT BY THE WALL OF ZOMBIES." Oh and except what's her face mayor lady, banging on the wall, and her son, eating freaking crackers right above the horde. Maybe pick a quieter snack?
    -Where the hell was Carol?
    -Aaron/Erin is a great baby name. No, dude, don't go there. (Also, I totally thought we already knew Maggie was KTFU...maybe I was projecting?)
    -GET A HAIRCUT, CARL. And stop fighting over that girl. Especially such lameass fights.
    -Rick really needs to not make out with that chick where her kids can see. Especially after teaching her kid to use a gun.
    -Seriously, NOTHING about Glenn? I do feel like they are hinting he's not dead yet with Maggie at the end of the episode, but who knows.
  • Options
    AchieverjoAchieverjo member
    edited November 2015
    I've been reading the online chatter about Glenn/Maggie. In the comics he dies and she raises her baby alone. But, it would be nice to be wrong.

To me though, the way they've drawn this out... It almost feels like they are trying to ease us into the idea that he's dead. If he's not dead, it would be pretty messed up to kill him again later.

On a different note, anyone else noticing how the show is an allegory for life in non-zombie present?
  • Options
    Ladies - beside the absense of Glenn... how are we feeling about this week's episode???  I feel bad for Daryl's crossbow lol I was like nooooo not the crossbow!  I wonder what that whole group was about with the we're done kneeling that came up a few times...  Glad they rounded back up but def kind of a mid season lull episode!

• Options
    I think Darryl is going to get his crossbow back and then some. At least this week's episode was a bit more excited than last week's about Morgan...but come on! Where's Glen!
  • Options
    I think Darryl is going to get his crossbow back and then some. At least this week's episode was a bit more excited than last week's about Morgan...but come on! Where's Glen!
    Finally caught up with the episodes! And he is so getting his crossbow back. Stupid people: "We're sorry". Daryl: "You're gonna be." BOOM

• Options
    AmadorRoseAmadorRose member
    edited November 2015
    Can I be the first to say FINALLY!!!!

ETA: Sam's question to Carol about people becoming monsters after they kill people was pretty chilling. Dang.
  • Options
    Dude that kid that's learning to shoot is gunna try n kill Carl.
  • Options
    Idk who I hate more - Carl or the other kid. They both annoy me.
  • Options
    akb1125 said:

Idk who I hate more - Carl or the other kid. They both annoy me.

I wouldn't be sad if they took each other out, they both annoy the hell out of me. Rick too, and Michon would make a much more level-headed leader.

But if Glen dies, I'm going rogue. I don't know yet what that entails, but I'll be the crazy lady on the news...probably biting people and screaming, "Glen! Glen! Come back! Your baby needs you!" DH told me that they'll kill him off at the mid-season finale, and I informed him that the divorce papers will be delivered within the next two weeks. It happened - I'm a fan girl and I'm not ashamed.
  • Options
    Well I thought it was an awesome episode. I mean dumpster theory held true. I've read what the comics say but @AmadorRose, why would the show save him to kill him an episode later? No guarantees for later seasons but I think he'll reunite with Maggie. I'm thinking Enid is actually a wolf w/o W. Maybe not but there is something sketchy about her.
  • Options
    I think glen and Maggie end up having Enid move in with them. I feel like they were kind of hinting towards that.
  • Options

Well I thought it was an awesome episode. I mean dumpster theory held true. I've read what the comics say but @AmadorRose, why would the show save him to kill him an episode later? No guarantees for later seasons but I think he'll reunite with Maggie. I'm thinking Enid is actually a wolf w/o W. Maybe not but there is something sketchy about her.

DH suggested that because he knows I <3 Glen. He's a jerk sometimes.
  • Options
    I justsaw the episode, nooooooooo. What will happen now? :(

• Options
    It's been killing me not to click on this thread, and then of course last night after I watched it, TB wouldn't load on my phone! Argh!

I just have to say how happy I am that Glenn is still alive! Also, I called it! @AmadorRose the main theory I've heard recently is that Glenn is still alive so he can be killed off by Negan similar to in the comics. Which would be horrible, but at least less anti-climactic than getting eaten by a zombie horde because of stupid what's-his-face.

Also, I may have yelled out the f-word really loud when the wall came tumbling down. I'm not sure the physics of that burned building support the way that it fell, but whatever. They really should have seen that coming.

Rick is still annoying the shit out of me. It's too loud to shoot off a gun, but by all means, continue banging away with a hammer on the metal fence!