October 2015 Moms
Options

Nighttime

So my DS is 2 weeks old and for the first week or so he was very sleepy. I was having to wake him every 2 hours to feed him. I would get him up and change his diaper and then feed him, and he'd be right back asleep. Now he wakes himself every 2 to 3 hours. He doesn't cry, just kicks around and make some noise until I come get him. I usually give him a few min to see if he'll settle before I get him up. Then I change him and feed him and we sleep again.

I saw someplace that I shouldn't change him overnight, that it's not necessary. But I can't imagine letting him sit in it when he's already awake. Plus we'd be peeing through a lot more clothes since he pees like a horse. Am I the only one who does this?

Re: Nighttime

• Options
    I've never heard of not changing a baby at night! I change LO diaper before every feeding, even at night. 90% of the time there is poo in the overnight diapers and LO won't even attempt to feed in a dirty one, nor would I want it to irritate baby's skin.
  • Options
    J1DJ1D member
    I changed my baby's diaper day and night as needed. The only thing I don't do is wake him up to change him. But if he's awake I definetly change him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    J1D said:

I changed my baby's diaper day and night as needed. The only thing I don't do is wake him up to change him. But if he's awake I definetly change him.

This!
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Options
    Same as what pp's said.  I change DD just about everytime she wakes up, night or day.  She can't stand a wet or dirty diaper and will cry until it's changed.  I do not wake her up to change a diaper though.
  • Options
    I definitely don't wake him for that now. Early on I was waking him to feed , and of course changing his diaper was very effective. Now I let him wake himself. The only time I might is if he peed through his clothes and didn't wake.