May 2016 Moms
Options

When will the nausea end??

I am 9 weeks and 2 days and still throwing up in the morning. For those in the 2nd trimester or been pregnant before, when did it end for you??

Re: When will the nausea end??

• Options
    It lasted 5 months during my first pregnancy. I'm really oping this one is done in the next couple of weeks. I'm so over it

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                    Anniversary
  • Options
    My experience: It's gets significantly worse weeks 10-11 then it is sporadic until it suddenly is just gone somewhere around weeks 13/14.

However, every woman is different. Some start feeling better sooner than others, some are sick a lot longer.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first it started before I knew I was pregnant (3.5-4 weeks?) and lasted until about 14 weeks. Then it was like the clouds parted and just in time for Thanksgiving. I don't have it nearly as bad this time but the nausea sometimes hits me randomly. I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow so hopeful that I only have a few more weeks of it. But not only is every person different, every pregnancy is different. Worst case scenario, it should end in about 30 weeks when you're holding a baby ;)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• Options
    My experience: It's gets significantly worse weeks 10-11 then it is sporadic until it suddenly is just gone somewhere around weeks 13/14.

However, every woman is different. Some start feeling better sooner than others, some are sick a lot longer.

This has been my experience too. My MS was gone by th end of the 14th week with my son. I'm in the sporadic phase right now...I thought it was gone because I hadn't been nauseated for a few days, then yesterday it returned.
  • Options
    Mine got pretty bad around week 9-10 (actual vomiting as opposed to just overpowering nausea). Week 11 started to dissipate. I actually woke up feeling normal and had some energy around 11 1/2 weeks. I literally looked around my house at all the crap I had been putting off and started cleaning and organizing. It was like I woke up out of a pregnancy fog, lol.
    I am 12 1/2 weeks and still have a few twinges of nausea a day, but nothing like before. I hope it clears up quickly for you!
  • Options
    I think 13-14 weeks is most common. However, a week seems like forever when you are waiting and have been sick for so long. I have had 2 ultra sounds and they predict me a week further a long than originally told, thank God. I'll be 13 weeks Sunday. Just waiting.... I've been off work and unfortunately my bills aren't waiting. Ugh!!!!
  • Options
    I think it just depends honestly. With my first pregnancy it went away around 14-15 weeks, but with my second it never went away. I threw up daily for 9 months. Needless to say, I'm hoping this pregnancy is more like my first.
    Pg#1- Benjamin born 2/22/10
    Pg#2 BFP 11/2010... chemical pregnancy late 11/2010
    Pg#3 BFP 02/2011...missed m/c 3/2011
    Pg#4 Adalynne born 5/12/12
    Pg#5 BFP 12/2012....chemical pregnancy 1/2012
    Pg#6 BFP 11/14/12....chemical pregnancy 11/2012
    Pg#7 BFP 2/3/14... loss after a heartbeat and D&C 3/2014
    Pg#8 BFP 9/1/15...waiting to see!

• Options
    I feel so much better this week and I'm at week 13! Hang in there! You're almost through with your 1st trimester, then on to the honeymoon stage!!! :x
  • Options
    I'm 12 1/2 weeks and still miserable. Sometimes it feels like no end in sight! I feel like all I do anymore is sleep and take nausea pills :(
  • Options
    There is a light at the end of the tunnel! I thought I wouldn't enjoy this pregnancy if I have to throw up every single day multiple times. As soon as I hit week 13, it was gone! I completely feel renewed! Way more active, no food aversions and I really enjoy the 2nd trimester so far. I just hope this last for a while. I'm 14 weeks pregnant today and don't even want to look back! Hang in there, hope you feel better soon as well!
  • Options
    I was sick from week 5-12. Throwing up all day long, finally got put on Zofran. After trying everything. I'm 13w4d and I've been feeling much better the last week. Threw up a lot last night but that was the first time in a week. Haven't taken Zofran in over 2 weeks. I have an appetite again and back to working out. Hope you have the same experience soon!
  • Options
    I usually start liking food again when I'm 15-16 weeks. Good luck! 
  • Options
    I feel the same! In weeks 6-8 I just felt super nauseous all the time, but from week 8 until now (week 11) it has got so much worse and I'm being sick every day at least twice. I'm hoping I only have another couple of weeks of it left as I miss feeling some sort of normality in my life (I miss wanting food)
  • Options
    Mine never went away my first pregnancy. As in, I threw up my breakfast on the way to the hospital the day I had my baby. It got better though, I went from not keeping anything down at all to just 1 puke every morning. Second time around it lasted until about week 25. This time I'm 13 weeks and and I only get hit here and there randomly and I don't always puke it's just gagging now. Everyone and every pregnancy is different. I'm hoping mine is gone by Thanksgiving. If not then the next weekend for my son's 1st birthday party! Hang in there mama, you got this :)
  • Options

Mine is also starting to get more sporadic. I had a few hospital stays with HG around 7-8 weeks, then daily nausea but no vomiting while taking diclegis, and now I am having much less overall nausea, but still random bouts of throwing up that seem to come out of no where! Like yesterday, I ran out to the playground to see a kid while I was eating lunch and it was just enough jostling and activity to cause everything to come back up, but I had had no nausea before hand so I think it was just a fluke.

With my last pregnancy, there was a magical switch that got flipped around 13-14 weeks where suddenly everything was sunshine and rainbows. This one, not so much, so it really is different not just for every woman but also for every pregnancy. Hang in there and know that it *usually* gets better by the 2nd tri.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 14 weeks and 4 days and the past 2 days have been pretty good, the first 2 good days I've had since week 6 (it's been really, really intense this pregnancy). Last week I had a day or two when I felt good and then it came back in full force the next day - almost like an every other day kind of thing. It was seriously frustrating because as soon as I thought it was gone, it came back as if to say, "Not quite done with you yet..." I'm hoping I turned a corner at this point.

From what I've learned talking with other women, usually around 14-15 weeks is really the norm. You hear so much about nausea being gone by week 12 but I really don't think that's usual.
  • Options
    I'm in week 14 and still nauseated with some vomiting. I have been taking zofran, which is great. I tried skipping it Saturday to see if I still need it and spent the morning heaving. My husband was like, please just go take the medicine! I'll try again this Saturday morning.
  • Options
    Mine went away at 16/17 weeks last time around. Have you talked about it with your OB or MW?