1st Trimester
Options

I need support! New mom

I feel bad for not enjoying this pregnancy yet. This first trimester is killing me. This morning sickness is horrible.

Re: I need support! New mom

• Options
    I feel the same way this is my 3rd pregnacy and so far the worse I have ligaments pain all the time but happy I get to experience this again :-) saltine crackers help and ginger soda hope this helps.
  • Options
    You don't need to feel bad - you can enjoy what you are 'growing' inside of you without being overjoyed with the things that go along with being pregnant.  There is nothing 'exciting' about nausea, constant trips to the restroom, insomnia, etc.
    Hopefully once you progress in your pregnancy, some of your symptoms will start to fade and you'll be able to enjoy the benefits of pregnancy.
    As for this moment in time, don't feel guilty....you have plenty of time to enjoy your pregnancy later down the line.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kyraaDkyraaD member
    edited October 2015
    i honestly feel the same way! ahah. I'm so excited to meet my little man & be a mama, but i am soooo done with this pregnancy thing; & I'm only at week 20! but it doesnt last forever, & the reward you get afterwards is 1000% worth it.
  • Options
    Do not feel badly! Pregnancy is hard! I was excited to be pregnant, but not excited to deal with the effects of it. Now that I'm 23 weeks along and I feel my little man moving and kicking and I feel better, I'm enjoying it a lot more.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I am almost 18 weeks and still not enjoying it. I have anxiety issues that are magnified by being pregnant. Don't feel bad about it- it certainly doesn't make you a bad person.

If you feel like your thoughts are going beyond the general "being sick sucks" feelings, I would contact your doctor. But I think those feelings are super normal and expected.
  • Options
    Don't worry too much. You've got a lot going on hormonally (which effects EVERYTHING) and I've come to the conclusion that I just hate being pg. Love love love the baby especially once it gets here but hate being pg. Totally normal. It's hard to enjoy anything when it feels like your body is purposely and maliciously working against you.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    dont feel bad itss okay to not like being pregnant alot is going on. for morning sickness last time is used seabands and sucked on sour jollyranchers anytime i felt queasy.
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy I had horrible morning sickness and I found it so hard to be happy about my pregnancy. I knew I wanted my baby, but I just couldn't stand how horrible I felt. I don't think I was okay until my morning sickness went away and I don't think that I was excited about my pregnancy until I did a 3D/4D ultrasound at 16 weeks to find out the gender. This time around, I'm again unhappy. I feel so sick, but I try to remind myself that I would do this a thousand times over for my first, so why not this time, too? I think it's okay not to be happy. Just try to take care of yourself and accept that not only are you human, but you're sick and you feel miserable- so how can you expect to feel excited?! It's totally okay and so normal that you don't! You'll get there though, just keep your chin up!
  • Options
    Does anybody else have their partner call you lazy.... I'm so extremely tired I prob sleep all day and night. I'm only awake 5 or 6 hours a day. I'm only 9 weeks.
  • Options
    emcampeau said:

Does anybody else have their partner call you lazy.... I'm so extremely tired I prob sleep all day and night. I'm only awake 5 or 6 hours a day. I'm only 9 weeks.

my SO does sometimes, but he's always joking. he knows fatigue is a symptom of pregnancy. however, i would talk to your OB about your fatigue if you're only able to stay awake for 5-6hrs a day.
  • Options
    For not enjoying pregnancy. . . I think its actually quite common. I actually feel guilty for not liking it sometimes because some women would take all the symptoms if it meant pregnancy! But at the end of the day, some parts of pregnancy just arent nice. I think you can be excited about bringing a baby into the world without loving being pregnant. For the lazy comments . . . SO has been pretty good, in my 1st tri he could see that i was exhausted becuase i was always asleep within 5 mins of sitting down! Now im getting further along he gets a bit cheeky if im just 'lying around' but if i actually take myself to bed he is pretty okay about it.
  • Options
    emcampeau said:

No because that is rude and disrespectful. Sorry but if my DH ever called me lazy I would tell him to shove it right up his ass because I'm growing a human and it's tiring.
  • Options
    emcampeau said:
    Sounds like your partner is a child who needs to grow up. And quick. 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options

emcampeau said:

No because that is rude and disrespectful. Sorry but if my DH ever called me lazy I would tell him to shove it right up his ass because I'm growing a human and it's tiring.
    Absolutely
  • Options
    QFT. My husband has never called me lazy. That is really rude. He is super supportive- during my first trimester, if he saw me sleeping on the couch, he would cook me dinner and wake me up so I could eat because he knew if I fell asleep without food, I would be vomiting the next day. Baby-making is a group activity and the partner who isn't carrying the child should also contribute where he/she can.

Also, I was really tired during my first tri- but if you are only able to stay awake for 5-6 hours a day, you should consult your doctor.
  • Options

Do not feel badly! Pregnancy is hard! I was excited to be pregnant, but not excited to deal with the effects of it. Now that I'm 23 weeks along and I feel my little man moving and kicking and I feel better, I'm enjoying it a lot more.

So much this!