March 2016 Moms

Conception Poll

ClaireBear90ClaireBear90 member
edited October 2015 in March 2016 Moms
How was your baby conceived? Nope, not the graphic details... but were you trying? Not trying?
It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
Pregnancy Ticker

Conception Poll 241 votes

We were actively trying to get pregnant.
50% 122 votes
We were just waiting to see what happened. (Not using birth control, but not keeping track of ovulation or anything like that)
22% 55 votes
We were not trying or expecting to get pregnant, but we also weren't using birth control. SURPRISE!
18% 45 votes
We were not trying to get pregnant. We were using birth control. BIG SURPRISE!
5% 14 votes
I don't know how I got pregnant. (Where do babies come from?)
0% 0 votes
I'm not pregnant.
0% 1 vote
The conception of my baby requires further explanation.
1% 4 votes

Re: Conception Poll

• 2 years of trying, a miscarriage and then a few rounds of Clomid.
  • Our first daughter was conceived naturally after 2 1/2 years of infertility and 6 failed rounds of fertility meds. So we didn't expect to get pregnant right away. I was still breastfeeding and hadn't yet had a period, so combine that with the previous infertility and we really weren't expecting to. So we were just seeing what happens, but I am so happy we didn't have the headache of last time. We conceived this one when DD was 20 months old.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Loading the player...
  • 4 years of ttc- finally found my current ob-gyn 2 1/2 years ago.  He diagnosed me with PCOS- I tried letrazole/progesterone/temping for 6 months with no luck.  That ended in ovarian drilling/laparoscopy only to find beginning signs of endometriosis.  Went on BC for a year to suppress my hormones and shrink the endo, while working my booty off literally- lost 50-60 pounds.  I went off the pill, got AF, at my check-up I told my ob I didn't want to temp/do pills right away because I was training for a 1/2 marathon and didn't feel the need to purposely become pregnant before this race I spent hundreds of dollars on.  Got pregnant on my own, with just taking metformin for my pcos/ir.  Found out 2 days before my race lol. 

I was on the verge of giving up, and it happened.  We were actively trying, but not.

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • First one was planned and this one was a "I told you to put on the freakin condom and you won't listen!" So yes, it was a surprise but we want two kids anyway so we are happy. It is a little earlier than planned (we originally planned for next year).  My period was never on time since I was young.  They are usually 6-12 weeks apart (at one point I only got it every 6 months) so I thought I would have a hard time getting pregnant. 
  • Haha I love that movie!!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1st DS was a suprise almost 8 years ago. After 6 1/2 years of trying and unexplained infertility, we had our first round of IVF in June. It was successful the 1st try, and we are expecting a girl a few days before our first turns 8. :)
  • Six years infertility. PCOS (but doctor's didn't think so at first cause I was "skinny"). Treatments didn't work. Adoptions fell through. Was listening to some pod casts from Wellness Mama, and she had some woman on it talking about some program that helped get her hormones in check and helped her get pregnant. I bought her book and checked out her web site and started the program (August 2014). I kinda half assed it cause the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, all that sugar!). Got serious about it in March (detoxed, ate the way I was meant to) and found out I was pregnant in July. 

I recommend the program to every woman (even if they are not trying).  
  • kellygrace2kellygrace2 member
    edited October 2015

Our first daughter was conceived naturally after 2 1/2 years of infertility and 6 failed rounds of fertility meds. So we didn't expect to get pregnant right away. I was still breastfeeding and hadn't yet had a period, so combine that with the previous infertility and we really weren't expecting to. So we were just seeing what happens, but I am so happy we didn't have the headache of last time. We conceived this one when DD was 20 months old.

Somewhat similar story here. We were trying for about 2 years and tried 4 rounds of IUI (all failed) before we got pregnant naturally with DD. We weren't trying (but not trying to prevent anything after our first TTC experience) and bam! Conceived #2 when DD was 16 months old. If we had been charting it wouldn't have happened - I'm due almost a week earlier than I would have expected. Everything happens for a reason! Also so glad we avoided the troubles we had the first time - was worried we would have to go through that again.

• Everyone's TTC stories are really so inspirational! Congratulations again to every single one of you and thanks for sharing!
  • Gosh, I'm getting emotional. I love reading your stories though. :)
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • maelicmaelic member
    edited October 2015
    We had been talking (talking!) of trying for number two this summer but my husband had other ideas. We used the withdrawal method for years with no issues and in June he just... decided not to pull out without telling me in advance. Man was I pissed. We conceived our daughter on our first try too, so I guess we're pretty damn fertile.

So here I am, ahead of schedule, but in the end pretty happy to have our kids less than two years apart. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • maelic said:
    We had been talking (talking!) of trying for number two this summer but my husband had other ideas. We used the withdrawal method for years with no issues and in June he just... decided not to pull out without telling me in advance. Man was I pissed. We conceived our daughter on our first try too, so I guess we're pretty damn fertile.

So here I am, ahead of schedule, but in the end pretty happy to have our kids less than two years apart. 
    Oh that was our method (or his) for awhile.  Why don't men like condom?  I have heard so many stories about men wanting the "natural sensation" and then oops... SURPRISE!  I'm pretty sure they make condom and label it "natural feeling" or something like that.  I guess they aren't so natural afterall. 
  • DH and I started trying 2 months after we got married (October 2013). After 10 months of sporadic periods I finally talked my doc into prescribing me Metformin, just in case. I have never been formally diagnosed with PCOS, but as soon as I started (like the very next day) the Metformin, I began having a normal cycle. We then started the Clomid as I never ovulated (according to the test kits). We also did 2 months of checking for follicular growth and one round of an HCG injection to really stimulate ovulation. Still nothing. 15 months later we finally broke down and saw the infertility doc. She suggested we start the injection route, but my husband had a lot of sticker shock. The doc also suggested we do an HSG and start an over the counter supplement regimine to help combat any endometriosis that I could potentially have (it's in my family). So we decided to get the HSG and start the OTC supplements and continue with the Metformin and Clomid. We had the HSG in March (results were all good), conceived in June and due March 6!!!
  • 2 years of TTC with my ex (which I'm glad now I wasn't able to get pregnant then). And then me and my fiancé now decided to "try" to have a baby. Try in the sense of not prevent. I didn't think I'd get pregnant for a while because of the last time that I tried but one month after not using contraceptives and BAM, I was pregnant. :)

• maelic said:

Oh that was our method (or his) for awhile.  Why don't men like condom?  I have heard so many stories about men wanting the "natural sensation" and then oops... SURPRISE!  I'm pretty sure they make condom and label it "natural feeling" or something like that.  I guess they aren't so natural afterall. 

A roommate back in college's boyfriend explained it to me as "the difference between no condom and a condom is the difference between eating a sandwich and eating a sandwich while it's still in the ziplock bag".
  • Had an oops the day before closing on our house, about 3 months sooner than we were going to stop actively preventing. I apparently ovulated almost a week later. My cycles are weird, so when I decided to POAS, I didn't actually expect a positive (though I was technically late). A few months earlier than planned, but we are happy.
  • Hormonal BC messes with my moods too much so around a year ago I stopped taking it. We both just kinda decided that being almost 30 and knowing we wanted kids within the next 5 years it wouldn't be a big deal.

Ideally we would have started trying next spring but this works fine for us. One and done for us. We figured we may struggle with infertility due to possible endo and known ovarian cysts, so I'm rather glad it worked out this way.
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • Lol, ds was conceived with the withdrawal method. Oops! This one was planned, went off iud, ovulated a few days later and conceived with first ovulation. Did not expect it to happen so quickly, but I'm happy with our spring babies :)
  • AlphabetFishAlphabetFish member
    edited October 2015
    We were "trying" in that we were timing sex and actively looking for signs of pregnancy, but we weren't using OPKs, charting, temping, etc. Just... having a lot of sex around when ovulation was supposed to happen. On the third month off BC, I could tell it happened, and that was it!

• Our little girl, was a surprised. I was on birth control,we werent trying at all. I recently moved in with my boyfriend. After living together for a 3months i found out i was 10weeks along. I always wanted kids but my boyfriend wasnt a huge fan of the idea until we actually conceived. He joined me at our first ultrasound heard the beautiful heartbeat. His whole world change. He was so happy it made me cry
  • I have so much respect for all the women who had to get through so much to get pregnant. We where definitely sure that we wanted a baby, and our first plan was just to stop using condoms and just basically have a lot of sex. The first month we where kind of nervous and I didn't know when my ovulation was due exactly. After my period came, we where both disappointed and decided that the next month we would figure out my fertile days using a period tracer and just, well... we went for it. 3 weeks later I was pregnant! We didn't expect it to happen so soon because of my health issues, but I guess we're very lucky and I am truely grateful that it happened this way for us. Again I would like to say that every woman who's had difficulty conceiving or has taken hormones or treatments or whatever: You're a trooper and I really admire your courage and determination.
  • SO and I had 2 miscarriages 3 years ago (which were awful, but I'm glad we didn't become parents then as we were so not ready) then for the next three years we've done nothing but using the "pull out" method. I don't recommend it, but it worked for us. Then, we actively started trying in April or May of this year, and within 2 months we had conceived our little rainbow baby girl.
    M & B
    miscarriage - September 2012 @ 9 weeks
    blighted ovum - November 2012
    BFP!!! - July 2015
    Amelia, my sweet little rainbow baby born March 4, 2016
  • We tried to get pregnant right after wedding but didn't work. Then husband would always be gone out of state for work. And once he was home it was the wrong time of the month. Relatives always pestered me about When I will be pregnant asking me if I'm pregnant already. And then when I kind of gave up on trying. We where on one of his out of state trips together. And we conceived in the big rig. He had to take me home right away when we found out! :-O
  • We had talked about having another baby about a year or so before we got pregnant. We already had 4, our oldest was 17 and we felt like it was now or never. We decided to not try either way and if we didn't end up pregnant within 6 months we would stop "trying". Well we didn't get pregnant and decided to just keep our family the size it was. We didn't use protection, just my cycle and the good old withdrawal method. Since my husband is an over the road truck driver it was easy to avoid the fertile times. One day my husband was close to home so I drove to meet him for a "quicky" and totally forgot about where I was during the month... Surprise!
    Side note: I frigging hate condoms! Not only does DH not enjoy the feeling, I can tell a huge difference. After 16 years of marriage it is weird to have him wear one.
  • lindscnn1 said:

We had talked about having another baby about a year or so before we got pregnant. We already had 4, our oldest was 17 and we felt like it was now or never. We decided to not try either way and if we didn't end up pregnant within 6 months we would stop "trying". Well we didn't get pregnant and decided to just keep our family the size it was. We didn't use protection, just my cycle and the good old withdrawal method. Since my husband is an over the road truck driver it was easy to avoid the fertile times. One day my husband was close to home so I drove to meet him for a "quicky" and totally forgot about where I was during the month... Surprise!
    Side note: I frigging hate condoms! Not only does DH not enjoy the feeling, I can tell a huge difference. After 16 years of marriage it is weird to have him wear one.

Condoms are the worst! We hadn't used them since we first started dating (was on birth control until a few months after we got married) so it was super weird to go back to them after DD was born after 7 or so years (I didn't want to go back on the pill because I knew we would want another not long after and since it took awhile for her to come along made sense not to). We used timing method too but lost track one month as well, lol. Happy surprise. :)