April 2016 Moms
Options

Baby bumps !

Post your baby bump if you've got it ! I got mine fast this being my 4th pregnancy , anyone else have theirs showing at this point?

Re: Baby bumps !

• Options
    edited October 2015
    We make a thread for this each Wednesday called HDBD or "Hump Day, Bump Day."

ETA: is there a reason why in these pictures where you're trying to show off your bump the bottom half of the pic is insanely blurry?
    kids with flags
  • Options
    Hi are you new here? I don't think I remember your user name and there have been several intro threads so maybe I missed it. Sorry if you're a reg and I have THE worst case of pregnancy brain ever.
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to ask in another post what HDBD meant too - you're not alone! Lol
  • Options
    Does anyone else think the words "baby bump" are really annoying?
  • Options
    No??
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options

No??

At work this morning i was talking with a girl who is pregnant, due in march, and another girl walked up and commented on our growing "Buddha Bellies" .... i think i like the term "baby bump" better :(
  • Options

No??
    At work this morning i was talking with a girl who is pregnant, due in march, and another girl walked up and commented on our growing "Buddha Bellies" .... i think i like the term "baby bump" better :(

I hate it personally, but I kinda hate like everything about pregnancy so I'm sure my opinion is invalid.
  • Options
    No??
    I hate it personally, but I kinda hate like everything about pregnancy so I'm sure my opinion is invalid.
    Dude, I'm with you on this. Pregnancy blows.

Actually, that is a lie- I like one thing. My skin looks like a baby's butt- it is so soft and clear. For the first time in my adult life.

But other than that, I'm with you.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

No??

Dude, I'm with you on this. Pregnancy blows.

Actually, that is a lie- I like one thing. My skin looks like a baby's butt- it is so soft and clear. For the first time in my adult life.

But other than that, I'm with you.

Nope, not even that. Is it April yet?
  • Options
    You look great!!
  • Options
    Thank you momowife :) and idk why it looks really blurry there's something wrong with my camera phone it does it in every photo now here's a bigger version of one .
  • Options
    Ok that didn't work lol I'll post this collage I have with one tho maybe it's a little better ?
  • Options
    And sorry I don't look at every thread so I don't know about the other baby bumps thing going on I don't see why me asking to see everyone's tho on my own thread is a problem ? Your comment came off quite rude
  • Options
    Wow ok rude . a kind explanation would of been nice all I've gotten so far were rude comments instead of a simple nice way of letting someone know this ? Kind of the wrong way to let someone know how a site works don't you think ? That's understandable tho I get that won't happen again .
  • Options
    Nachos and peaches yes ..well kind of new I introduced myself in a thread early on but haven't been on here really til now .
  • Options
    Pinottoparenthood I posted about my blood clot and a possible miscarriage again and since then I've seen a lot more posts of others asking questions about the same thing or miscarriage stuff are all those people doing it wrong too should we have a miscarriage only section so there's no uninteresting discussion and terribly hard to find things? Just a question .
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Taynic85 said:
    Wow ok rude . a kind explanation would of been nice all I've gotten so far were rude comments instead of a simple nice way of letting someone know this ? Kind of the wrong way to let someone know how a site works don't you think ? That's understandable tho I get that won't happen again .
    @brenlo42 let you know and was perfectly simple/nice about it, but you continued to post more pictures of yourself here... so I don't think the problem is how the message is being delivered. Feel free to post what you want, but understand that we all post our pictures on the HDBD thread so starting your own bump thread isn't going to be well-received.

ETA - I actually think my response was quite polite/civil and clearly explained why we use the HDBD thread.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    @Taynic85 - I don't think any PP intentions were meant to be inherently rude, FWIW. In general, I think that there is a distinct difference between a personal post re: health distress/miscarriage and any trivial baby bump related post. Those miscarriage posts deserve the individual support/guidance/feedback that they get for the specific user. However, for organizational and flow purposes, something less 'important' (such as bump and ultrasound pics, common symptoms, etc.) is better suited for a mainstream thread used by multiple bumpers - every shares in a community setting without overloading the feed as a whole. Not to discredit your awesome bump - which it is, I'm slightly jealous - it's just there really is a difference between the two type of posts and it's unfair to suggest all post subjects are the same importance level. Also, if every user posted a single thread re: their bump/ultrasound, the board itself would become very crowded and it would be really difficult to keep up with other miscellaneous threads that may have more practical significance for users.

I hope this makes sense like it did in my head, anyway.
  • Options
    I agree with @pinottoparenthood here, and I seriously didn't when I first joined. I saw you posted on the HDBD thread, so yay! Learn how to use the search bar. It will be your friend.
  • Options
    andrag44andrag44 member
    edited October 2015
    Hey guys, let's play nice! I get that our preggo hormones might make us a little edgy sometimes, ( just ask my husband!)
  • Options
    I don't think your response was that polite . I agree that she did let me know but her ending comment was what had me post more photos I was not doing it so to ignore what was said . and I never said they were uninteresting I was basing what you said off you saying people posting their own bump photos was not interesting conversation . I commented on the hdbd thread and will continue to do so problem solved
  • Options
    Cmjenkies thank you :) your comment was by far the most helpful and nicest way of putting things . I agree my example was not the best yes my hormones are crazy and I was in a car accident today and Nov 17th is the day my daughter passed away at 5 months old to sids so I'm extra emotional I think the little bit of negative comments just set me off and hurt me . I apologize and agree we should all be nice to each other because you don't ever know what someone is going threw
  • Options
    @Taynic85 - Stress and hormones get the best of all of us. I hope you are alright after your accident and I'm so sorry for your loss - as a mom, I can't begin to imagine your pain. The thought makes my heart ache. The Bump, and this birth month group in particular, can be such a wonderful, supportive forum. For the sake of an accessible and enjoyable board, it's helpful for anybody who hasn't been a regular for awhile to lurk around a bit and get a feel for the flow of some things topic and organizational-wise. It took me some time, but I'm glad I did. Know that it's not always sunshine and rainbows over here, people have very different opinions and there is a fair share of snark, sarcasm, and disagreement. That's okay. It takes all kinds! :P
  • Options
    I agree :) .. Its hard , distraction is nice . well so far I've met you and your nice so hopefully I find others like you as well . I will try to look into things more I guess I was so excited to share my bumb I wasn't aware there was a certain way of doing it you know . I'm ok after my accident it could of been a lot worse just a little shaken up .
  • Options
    Further thoughts on the blurriness;
    1. fingerprint on camera lens.
    2. Water damage to camera.

If you take a landscape picture is it blurry on one side instead of the bottom?
    kids with flags
  • Options
    cmjenkies said:

@Taynic85 - Stress and hormones get the best of all of us. I hope you are alright after your accident and I'm so sorry for your loss - as a mom, I can't begin to imagine your pain. The thought makes my heart ache. The Bump, and this birth month group in particular, can be such a wonderful, supportive forum. For the sake of an accessible and enjoyable board, it's helpful for anybody who hasn't been a regular for awhile to lurk around a bit and get a feel for the flow of some things topic and organizational-wise. It took me some time, but I'm glad I did. Know that it's not always sunshine and rainbows over here, people have very different opinions and there is a fair share of snark, sarcasm, and disagreement. That's okay. It takes all kinds! :P

Also, there are several threads pinned to the top of the forum with a ton of info for newbies that you may find very helpful in avoiding these threads in the future and also knowing TOU guidelines.

Before getting upset, just realize that people with dry or blunt approaches sound more harsh when they're typing things out - I know I am guilty of this. Attacking regulars will make carving out your place here more difficult. There's room for everyone, except for people who can't play (relatively) nice, and I know from experience that sometimes the harshest critics are the most empathetic when you most need it. These boards were a huge help in getting me through my mc, and the women here have helped me actually feel excited about this pregnancy.
  • Options
    I really recommend you lurk for a bit or respond to posts before starting your own threads unless you seriously need advice. Do keep in mind that there a Erich function. Use it. Likely your question has been addressed. If not, by all means start a thread. Once everyone becomes more familiar with you it will be very acceptable to start random fun threads, but I suggest you familiarize yourself with the culture of this message board in order to make it the best experience.

Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options
    RoseGold10RoseGold10 member
    edited October 2015

I really recommend you lurk for a bit or respond to posts before starting your own threads unless you seriously need advice. Do keep in mind that there a Erich function. Use it. Likely your question has been addressed. If not, by all means start a thread. Once everyone becomes more familiar with you it will be very acceptable to start random fun threads, but I suggest you familiarize yourself with the culture of this message board in order to make it the best experience.

Honest question--yes, most people's questions have probably been answered before, and yes, people should use the search function more. But what's with the idea that it's, like, only ok to post a new thread if you're a regular? Yeah, it's a good idea to lurk for a while before posting, but not everybody does and the world hasn't exploded. The trend lately seems to be:

New poster: (post about whatever)
    Regular: UM (side eye) ARE YOU NEW HERE?

Full disclosure, I am about the biggest betch ever, for real, but even to me, damn...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Brenlo42 ok so I took a photo of my daughter for comparison and it did the same thing I don't know why it's doing it . when I turned it landscape wise it became grainy and blurry on one side and along the bottom I don't know what going on with it .
  • Options
    Amadorrose I like what all you had to say except for the attacking regulars part because 1 I don't feel I was the only one being rude and I don't feel I was attacking someone . and 2. I don't feel it should matter weather your a regular or not I think everyone should be equal here not being rude I swear just pointing out how I felt about those two things otherwise I loved everything else you said and I will in the future do things the way everyone wants .
  • Options

Honest question--yes, most people's questions have probably been answered before, and yes, people should use the search function more. But what's with the idea that it's, like, only ok to post a new thread if you're a regular? Yeah, it's a good idea to lurk for a while before posting, but not everybody does and the world hasn't exploded. The trend lately seems to be:

New poster: (post about whatever)
    Regular: UM (side eye) ARE YOU NEW HERE?

Full disclosure, I am about the biggest betch ever, for real, but even to me, damn...
    Just think of any social situation. If you're new, take a step back and observe for a hot sec and learn the social norms before jumping in. Someone whose not a reg can absolutely post what they want, but if it's something every single BMB does on a weekly basis (such as HDBD), it's just odd, and if t were real life, people would be annoyed too. It's like the annoying kid in the university lecture that tries to jump ahead of the professor.

• Options
    Nachos and peaches I don't agree everyone was annoyed by me posting my baby bump thread some were even saying they didn't even know what the hdbd was so I don't think they were annoyed . I agree with a certain way of doing things and get that now but I don't feel my post was annoying to everyone but maybe 2 people on here. You being one of them obviously and I'm sorry that you feel that way but you know there's always the option to ignore or let someone know in a nice way that they are welcome to post on the hdbd thread and what it is . and I don't think comparing me to a annoying kid jumping ahead in a lecture is accurate based on I never once stated I knew better then anyone on here I was simply sharing an excitement in my life and trying to relate to others I'm sorry that was not done the right way I guess
  • Options
    Taynic85 said:

Amadorrose I like what all you had to say except for the attacking regulars part because 1 I don't feel I was the only one being rude and I don't feel I was attacking someone . and 2. I don't feel it should matter weather your a regular or not I think everyone should be equal here not being rude I swear just pointing out how I felt about those two things otherwise I loved everything else you said and I will in the future do things the way everyone wants .

I'm not saying we aren't all equals. When you've been here for a bit and see the number of drive-by's, you'll get it. you don't walk up to a group of women you don't know and tell one of them she's fat or ugly. It's rude. So don't jump on a board and tell someone that she's rude for pointing out that you aren't following board etiquette. She wasn't being a bitch, she's blunt, which you would know if you lurked. I see that you have begun lurking and posting - you're already well on your way!

If you want my advice, drop it. Continuing to defend yourself will do no good for anyone, doesn't contribute to the community, and generally takes up space that could be better used for other discussions - especially for those of us on mobile. You will never meet any of these people and if you stick around, you will realize that the biggest assholes are generally the most supportive and informative when you need advice or comfort.
  • Options
    How am I taking up space that could be used for other discussions by commenting back on the only thread I started that you keep coming back to and commenting on yourself seems kind of dumb for you to say that . I think the fact I feel someone was being rude is my opinion and if you don't find that true you could simply choose to ignore it you want me to shut my mouth or drop it when you can't do that yourself . I actually wrote something nice back to you I mentioned I loved everything you said except for two things and told you why how is that me wasting people's time ? You didn't like what I said so you chose to tell me so . well if I don't like what someone says I have that right as well . I started a thread people came into it some were nice some were not or (seemed not to be ) I pointed it out on MY thread if it's wasting your time don't look at it . that is all and yes now I am done :)
  • Options
    Taynic85Taynic85 member
    edited October 2015
    Oh @AmadorRose AND id like to also point out that I already agreed with what everyone was sayin and even responded back nicely to brenlo42 who I (felt /thought) was being rude but later added I was having a horrible day and could of been taking it wrong the only person I truly felt still was being rude knows who they are and no it's not you . well maybe now is too . but anyway . point is there was no constantly defending myself it was already ending I simply wrote you and said I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU HAD TO SAY and liked your comment but because I shared the two things I didn't like and why ..YOU yourself choose to be rude and made it out like it was all me .. No .. That right there was you . there NOW I am done venting . if you so feel the need to write back and waste your time as you stated that's your decision Noones making you but yourself . and again I wasn't being rude at all to you if you felt I was I apologuize I know how it feels when someone is it's not. a pleasant feeling . but . I can responde to something and address my feelings toward it without having someone basically tell me to close my mouth and I'm wasting people's time that's not truth or how this place runs that's just plain rude and ugly .and I NEVER said anyone was fat or ugly so why bring that up as a point ? Makes absolutely no sence at all
  • Options
    Are you done now?
  • Options
    Lol are you ? You are here aren't you ? Of your own free will and had to leave a comment ? But sure I'm done . lol let's move on .