Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Looking for tips on how to keep up supply with pumping while at work

sailor37sailor37 member
edited October 2015 in Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Hi moms! I've returned to work and have been successful with pumping and generally I've been able to pump more than she takes from the bottle. Butrecently that hasn't been the case.she doesn't show signs of hunger after i am home with her and can BF. I just really want to make sure i can continue with bf for the first year. Does anyone have any tips to try to make pumping yield higher results??

Re: Looking for tips on how to keep up supply with pumping while at work

• Options
    I breast feed on demand when home and pump twice at work. I am able to pump enough at work to feed baby the next day while I am at work. I started pumping two weeks before I went to work to start my freezer stash. Also MOTN or first thing in the AM pumps usually got me the most milk.
  • Options
    I was having the same issue and I made a few changes that helped boost my supply. For starters, I started drinking Milk Maid tea that you can probably find at any grocery store. I try to drink 16 ounces a day. It contains fennel and other ingredients that boost supply. Then I bought Fennel essential oil and I rub it on my chest before bed each night. Lastly, I realized I wasn't eating enough and that was causing my supply to drop. I get distracted at work and now that I am bringing snacks (almonds, Lara bars, kale salad, roasted vegetables), I have boosted my calorie intake and my supply went up, too. I hope that helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, one more thing, I realized that I was using the wrong size breast shields. I switched to a smaller size and I went from getting .5 ounces at each pumping session to 3 ounces every time. And now it's way less painful!