Infertility
Options

clomid and robitussin?

Has anyone taken robitussin while taking clomid? I have heard it but was curious if anyone has and if so, what days and what type of robitussin?  I am starting clomid on Thursday and think it might be worth trying

Re: clomid and robitussin?

• Options
    My RE always said do not take robitussin, evening primrose, or anything else while taking fertility meds (unless I was specifically told to)
  • Options
    Hi! I only had one cycle where I actually got a mature follicle on clomid but I did take robitussin. Here is the deal, though clomid is super great in that it helps you produce mature follicles, it has a major drawback. The drawback is that it tends to thicken your cervical mucus making it harder for fertilization to occur. Robitussin can help loosen up the mucus. I was doing TI on that cycle so I started taking robitussin the day I triggered and continued for 2-3 days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PCOSat25  how many cycles were you on clomid?  I have been on it once so far and didn't ovulate that cycle and I don't have an issue ovulating on my own so I am nervous to be trying it again. That was in April/May...I switched to letrozole for 3 cycles and twice responded and then the last cycle again did't respond or ovulate so I am thinking the clomid could have been another off month like that and not the medicine not liking my body..ha..we will see what happens this month
  • Options
    I did 5 total rounds of clomid monitored by my OBGYN and with TI. I only ovulated the one time. I have since moved on to an RE and I am doing mixed cycles with a letrozole and gonal-f. Hoping for a few good follicle on my scan Saturday so we can IUI next week :)