TTC After a Loss
Options

frustrated - mc mentioned

I'm crusted aftrr having my annual with my gynecologist this month. And wondering if you ladies think there are any other options then waiting.

My significant other and I had been trying to get pregnant for 12 months before finally getting a bfp. Unfortunately, we had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. My gynecologist stated that we have to try for another 12 months before he can or will talk about any other options. I'm feeling very discouraged.

Re: frustrated - mc mentioned

• Options
    That is frustrating. We got our BFP our 3rd cycle trying and my doctor said no need to wait for a full year of trying again to contact him. He said if I was getting frustrated even if it had only been 3-4 cycles of trying again to reach out and we could talk about options. Every doctor is different, but if you aren't happy I would shop around.
  • Options
    I agree with @crob5685! Shop around for a different doctor if you are unhappy. I changed doctors following my MC, and I am very happy (although I'm mad at him for benching us, but that's just because I didn't want to wait). I asked around to people who knew what was going on and then did some research on the websites of the practices people suggested. I was sure to read about every doctor in the practice to be sure they were all someone I'd be happy with if I ended up with the on-call doctor for delivery. I ended up going with the doctor who delivered my sister's youngest.

I'm sorry for your loss! Best of luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am anxious about this the next time around.  My OB delivered my DD and I loved her then.  I am wondering how considerate they will be when one has had a loss and is pregnant again.  Hopefully that will be me soon.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. I really like the doctor that I am currently with. Mostly because of how attentive they were with the pregnancy leading up to the miscarriage. But I think your right. I will do a little research and at least get another opinion. This will ne our 4th cycle post miscarriage. I'm ok waiting a few more cycles but I'm just dreading a full 12.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  While it's always reasonable to get a second opinion if you're unhappy with your medical care, I would also recommend you check with your insurance about your coverage before pursuing any medical workup, just so that you are aware of whether or not your insurance will cover medical workup, and, if not, what the cost would be to you.  I know my insurance will cover infertility workup but not without trying for 12 months.  Since technically you have been pregnant within the last 12 months, if you were under my insurance plan, you would not be covered to get any infertility testing now.  I have heard that some of the infertility testing can be cheap out of pocket (for example, I think that a semen analysis is a few hundred dollars).  But if money may be a factor in this process, it's worth finding out before getting too far down the road.
  • Options
  • Options
    I would maybe check out a new physician/OB/RE , my OB has been pretty good so far and has offered to start testing even though I'm in month 4 ttc and only had 2 cycles (both ending in very early losses). Every doctor is different but I don't think you should have to wait a whole other year now.

I'm sorry for your loss.

TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @crob5685 I agree with in getting a second opinion if you aren't satisfied. Our midwife told us we could physically try after my Hcg went to zero and that waiting a cycle or two is to help with dating. Also we have suffered only one loss and after voicing my concerns she offered for us to be tested before TTC again, not making us wait for Two or three losses before digging around (Which we are grateful for). Also have you asked your doctor why he wants you to wait for testing? I would ask and explain you'd rather not wait, if that's your feeling of course as well check insurance. I'm so sorry ladies and wish everyone the best!