January 2016 Moms
Options

Measuring 6 weeks ahead

So I went to the doctor this am and I lost 4pounds but the baby is measuring at 31 weeks as far as the doctor measuring my belly but I'm only 26 weeks the doctor did not seem concerned I'm wondering if I will deliver early or is this a sign of GD

Re: Measuring 6 weeks ahead

• Options
    Also if your 26 weeks measuring 31 that's 5 weeks not 6, just saying.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you normally overweight? If they are doing a fundal height measurement, and not with an u/s, you may measure ahead if you have a little extra padding on top of your uterus. I measure about 2 weeks ahead for this reason. If it's an u/s measurement, know that these are notoriously innacurate so if your doc isn't worried, I wouldn't be either. 
  • Options
    fishdreamsfishdreams member
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    No always normal weight for my height
  • Options
    K so do u hv any input at 5 weeks ? Or did u just feel like typing I'm just saying @jessielynn
  • Options
    Of course I spoke with my Dr would like to know if anyone else experienced this and what was the outcome
  • Options
    Normally your doctor will tell you if they are concerned. In most cases, if you are measuring ahead or behind a significant amount they will order a growth scan. I would assume you have done your glucose test already? That normally tells you if you have GD or not.
  • Options

Nobody here knows if you're going to deliver early or if you have GD. We don't know your history, what bloodwork you've had, what the results are, what day you had sex. We haven't seen your ultrasounds, or have crystal balls. Nor are we doctors. That's why you have one. Take the advice of your doctor and roll with it. Or get a second opinion from another (yep, you guessed it) doctor.

Your responses to people taking time to read your question and respond are sort of rude. You catch more flies with honey, just sayin'.

What she said.
  • Options
    BilBaby said:

It's a chat forum . She can ask anything she wants in regards to pregnancy on here . And Wow it's always the same ladies that are on here daily with their catty attitudes .why not just chose not to respond to this post ?

People can also reply to anything they want, how they want.
  • Options
    BilBabyBilBaby member
    edited October 2015
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
    We are suppose to be here to support one another and it seems every question by a newbie seems to get picked apart and gone unanswered . It's seems every other post I click on the first response is go ask ur doctor , or how the heck would we know or something very negative
  • Options
    Measuring ahead at one appt is not a big deal. If you keep measuring ahead by a large amount they might send you for an ultrasound. If your blood work, weight, blood pressure etc are normal it's nothing to worry about. Baby could just be stretched out.

Don't freak out unless your doctor is worried
  • Options
    For the belly button measurement I am 2 weeks ahead and my dr isn't concerned. However, I was told that they consider the normal range to be + / - 2 weeks so for 5 weeks I would definitely be asking next time you go if I were you!
  • Options
    My twins are measuring several weeks ahead. They are still only in the 75% range for size of all babies due on their date. It's not an exact science and babies will lay differently in everyone.

PPs are correct that your doctor will let you know if there is a concern. You could just have "big" babies like me. Or it could be an indication of something else....who knows what that is...except your doctor. And really its still hard to tell. I just make.big babies....its in their genetics. My son was a normal birth weight and I didn't look huge, but my doctor kept telling me he felt large. It was just his build. Not his weight. Fundal height was always really low for me, but he was ahead. Same with my twins. An inexact science.
  • Options
    BilBaby said:

We are suppose to be here to support one another and it seems every question by a newbie seems to get picked apart and gone unanswered . It's seems every other post I click on the first response is go ask ur doctor , or how the heck would we know or something very negative

Directing someone to the best possible source in which to get their question answered is very negative? Really? OP specifically asked questions that only a doctor could answer. If she wanted to know if other people had experienced the same thing, she should've asked-she's a grown woman, she can use her words to express what she wants.
  • Options
    Look I do see the bump as a way to connect chat and support each other as women and moms to be . Not sure what you use the forum for ..?
    Not looking for a back and forth just was stating how I feel everytime I click a post and see the same negative responses for the same posters.
  • Options
    fishdreamsfishdreams member
    edited October 2015
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
    This is the crazy community I have ever posted in all I can do is LOL
  • Options
    tinne004tinne004 member
    edited October 2015
    This is the crazy community I have ever posted in all I can do is LOL
    QFP.
    ETA- In the original post you were asking if this was a sign of GD.  Pretty sure it's not, but did you get tested for GD yet? If not and you're worried about it then you should probably consider getting one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    You are welcome glad we could help
  • Options
    Some women just carry big.. I know the number may have freaked you out but as some have said if your doc was cool with it and didn't mention it being a potential risk for GD then don't worry about it yet. Also, big bellies and big babies don't really seem to correlate to early labors. At least I've never heard of that being the reason for it.
  • Options
    stlmomof2stlmomof2 member
    edited October 2015
    OP the questions you have for us we cannot give you answers for. Most of us are not in the position to give you medical advice. I personally have never heard of someone due around the same time as me and being 6 weeks ahead. You should of done your glucose test and know the results. If you tested positive for GD it could be the reason why you are measuring bigger but if not then maybe you have your due date wrong? I don't know. If YOU are sincerely concerned, again, ask your doctor. We cannot diagnose anything for you. We do not know if you will deliver early because of you're measuring ahead too. How are we supposed to know when your LO decides to make an appearance?

Just sounds odd to me anyways. 6 weeks ahead? Something, somewhere along the line isn't right or you have your dates wrong.

I think PPs have given you wonderful advice. Sorry it wasn't the answer YOU were looking for.
  • Options
    You may have GD, or you may not. Maybe you just grow big babies. I'm not sure. But remember that a "big" baby does not mean a "mature" baby. Big babies often go to NICU for respiratory distress because their lungs are not developed fully.
    Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016

• Options
    Krisdee123Krisdee123 member
    edited October 2015

*lurking*

Is this thread going for the most TOU violations in one topic?
    You could always join in.
  • Options
    This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s shift to an unwelcoming tone. Creating threads in direct response to this one will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"